PDA

View Full Version : How much ammo fro Mi3gun event

Zane
10-08-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm planning to attend the next MI3Gun event on the 18th. I've looked on the website and I'm not really sure how much of each type of ammunition to bring.

Will 120 of rifle, 150 of pistol and 75 of shot be enough? Let us assume that I am not an awesome shot.

office888
10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
"For local matches, 100+ rounds each of pistol, rifle, and shotgun should be sufficient. Bring more in case you have to re-shoot a stage. "
- from website

-Richard-

mitommy
10-12-2009, 07:40 AM
I would suggest:
Rifle - 150
Pistol - 150
SG - 75

You may choose to do reloads before the mag is empty. that will require more ammo than the actual stage requirement. better to have extra than to be short.

PWND3r
10-13-2009, 09:06 AM
I would suggest:
Rifle - 150
Pistol - 150
SG - 75

You may choose to do reloads before the mag is empty. that will require more ammo than the actual stage requirement. better to have extra than to be short.

Looks like an awesome event and I wish I was good enough to attend lol.

boganz45
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Bring 200 rifle, 75 shotgun, 200 handgun - this should put you on the safe side.

mitommy
10-13-2009, 12:43 PM

There is no required level. Load your stuff and come on out. That is the only way to get better (and have a good time).

If you tell the safety officer that you are new, they will most likely put you at the end of your squad. Watch the other shooters and ask questions.

PWND3r
10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
There is no required level. Load your stuff and come on out. That is the only way to get better (and have a good time).

If you tell the safety officer that you are new, they will most likely put you at the end of your squad. Watch the other shooters and ask questions.

Really wish I could but I only have handguns at this time. When I get the other's I will be there though, you can count on that!

Zane
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM

Being "good enough" isn't stopping me from trying. I fully expect to come in DFL. It looks like fun and I can justify buying more ammo, since I'm actually using it.

arty8
10-13-2009, 06:24 PM
--from the email list--

October 3Gun Match
We are going to have 6 stages this month with a Halloween Theme.
Costumes are optional and encouraged (It will look good on video)
This is an official notice
Ball ammo only is a requirement on the 100 yard rifle range (range #3)
Due to our steel reactive targets
NO steel core, jacketed or any other type of penetrating ammo.
SATURDAY October 17th
MATCH SET-UP
Begins at 9:00am. Meet at the Learning Center
Please contact me if you will be there to set up Saturday
brymer@mi3gun.com
SUNDAY October 18th
3Gun Match
Leave All Firearms - UNLOADED AND BAGGED in Vehicles.
Until you sign in at the Learning Center
We have 2 new safe areas, one in each parking area
Please use these areas to un-bag and flag your long guns and holster your handgun
This is the place to transfer your flagged firearms to your carts, ect...
Sign-in starts after 8:00 am
RO walk through at 9:00 am
Shooter's meeting at 9:45 am
Shooting begins at 10:00 am
The total round count for the match is a Minimum of 143 rounds - if you don't miss
Here are the individual maximum targets available for each gun
Rifle - 103 rounds
Pistol - 112 rounds
Shotgun Birdshot - 49 rounds
Thank You