PDA

View Full Version : Where can I chrono my bow?

snapper8081
10-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Is there any place local that I can have my arrow velocity measured? I'm in Auburn Hills. Bass Pro said no and so did MJC.

I have an old XI legend magnum from the early 90s. Got it from Starlight Archery off Grosebeck if anyone remebers that place.

I want to figure out how many FPS this old bow is generating with my new carbon arrows.

Thanks in advance.

Ruger
10-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Is there any place local that I can have my arrow velocity measured? I'm in Auburn Hills. Bass Pro said no and so did MJC.

I have an old XI legend magnum from the early 90s. Got it from Starlight Archery off Grosebeck if anyone remebers that place.

I want to figure out how many FPS this old bow is generating with my new carbon arrows.

Thanks in advance.

Any good bow shop should have a chronograph. I shot for XI back in the late 80's and 90's I still have 3 Myles Keller Legend Magnums all set up with overdraws and check it sight systems. Haven't shot them in years..... I did however use Carbon extremes (back then my cost was $15@) for the IBO events and with my 70lb set up I could close to 300fps but never quite broke that barrier.
Back then I preached that speed was not the issue but that soon changed with the advent of people thinking that deer were "jumping their string"
The rest is archery history! All of my friends have gone back to traditional archery or have given up the sport altogether.

jimmyp
10-10-2009, 08:42 PM
luckys archery in shelby twp has one and he is a great tech.

myersbuck
10-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Just buy one...they come in handy all the time

S.B.
11-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Most bow shops can accomodate this.
Steve