PDA

View Full Version : Strong Anti-Gun Owner and Hunter safety

Greggos
10-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I work with an ultra anti-gun person, (WAY more liberal than I will ever be.) But okay,it's peaceable, he knows where I stand,and I know where he stands.

Some facetious statement was made about hunter safety classes, and how they teach one to "KILL" and not much more.
(WTF did he get THAT idea?)

My reply was EVERYONE should be taking the classes whether they own/or want to own a firearm or not. I said especially any kid (he has a son 13, and a daughter, 14.)just in case either ends up in a "situation" where someone takes a firearm and decides to show it off, or play fast draw, or something stupid akin to those.

"My kids KNOW better than to get around people that do that."

Uh huh.........:bash: :banghead:

tote'ngranny
10-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Ignorance at it's best/worst.

mechredd
10-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Liberals preach about open mindedness, but are some of the most closed minded people I have ever met.

tenthumbs
10-18-2009, 08:39 AM
I Agree with You Completely.

Give Him this Link...http://www.hunterexam.com/usa/michigan/

It's the On line Course Material. There is Very Little about "Killing".

The Focus is on Safety and Hunting Regulations.

The First Night of Class We Show a Video of a Negligent Fatal Shooting of a 14 Year old by His Friend. It is A Dramatization of a Real Incident called "The Last Shot"

The Video is Quite Powerful and Illustrates the Importance of SAFETY.

You Could Hear a Pin Drop at the Ending. it Sets the Tone for the Entire Class.

mishooter
10-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Liberals preach about open mindedness, but are some of the most closed minded people I have ever met.One of the Great Ironies of life.

langenc
10-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Invite him to attend with you at the next available course.. put up or shut up.

Joeywhat
10-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Maybe he should be reminded that some of the food on his dinner plate had to be killed, and last I checked that process isn't quite completely automated yet.

Unless he's a vegan. In which case he should probably just be shot anyways.

:laugh:

Greggos
10-19-2009, 12:06 AM
He's totally anti-gun as mentioned.

Invite him to attend with you at the next available course.. put up or shut up.

mechredd
10-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Maybe he should be reminded that some of the food on his dinner plate had to be killed, and last I checked that process isn't quite completely automated yet.

Unless he's a vegan. In which case he should probably just be shot anyways.

:laugh:

Ya know why God created Vegans?
So the rest of us would have something to eat when the food runs out.

autosurgeon
10-22-2009, 11:21 AM
The Native American word for vegetarian is "poor hunter."

Greggos
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
ROFLMFAO !!!!
Native Americans know how to cut to the chase with fewer words.
Made my day...

The Native American word for vegetarian is "poor hunter."

ro2
10-22-2009, 03:08 PM
sounds like this person is talking out their A** I have never seen a class that teaches "killing" Although ethical and efficent harvesting of game is very important The No.1 point of the class like stated before is safety followed by ethical and responsible behavior

MrSmithMSU
10-24-2009, 02:45 PM
"Vegitarians eat nothing but vegetation;
Humanitarians scare me."

sullyxlh
10-28-2009, 05:24 AM
"My kids KNOW better than to get around people that do that
And those are the kids that die first.

SIDE ARM
10-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Invite him over for venison loin wrapped in bacon dinner!

chuknduk
10-29-2009, 06:09 PM
EVERYONE should be taking the classes whether they own/or want to own a firearm or not. I said especially any kid (he has a son 13, and a daughter, 14.)just in case either ends up in a "situation" where someone takes a firearm and decides to show it off, or play fast draw, or something stupid akin to those.

"My kids KNOW better than to get around people that do that."

Uh huh.........:bash: :banghead:

I couldn't agree more.:thumbup:

JimSig
10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
.............. Although ethical and efficent harvesting of game is very important The No.1 point of the class like stated before is safety followed by ethical and responsible behavior

That is very true .. A hunter should respect his harvest of game. Unfortunately I read through some threads on this forum where people were making fun of their hunts.. I wanted to remind them of the ethics, but then i let go. Shame on me.. Next time I'll speak up my mind.. And sorry for deviating from the main topic.

However, from experience, I decided not to share my gun interests with friends in the social circle or coworkers.. I started to feel that those who are not interested (mostly because of ignorance) look at me suspiciously, as if I am a freaking nuts... So I just keep a low profile. I have very very few friends that sometimes express interest and I offer to take them to the range..Usually i take one gun so I can devote all my attention to who ever is shooting and not get distracted. Some of them appreciate the experience, and want to buy their own gun and practice more..and some you feel that they didn't like it.. BUt now with the price of ammo, I am not doing this unless the person is really pushing to try it and then I ask them to buy their ammo, because I can not find it as easy as before.

What breaks my heart sometimes is that my friends' kids (that is the friends who don't like guns) their kids want to learn more and they ask me questions but I really can't offer to teach them or recommend a class for them because their parents don't want them to do so.. And I try to let the parents know that kids should learn about safety because they will be members of society and they will be exposed to all kind of things whether their parents will approve of or not. So let them at least know what to do in that case..But to each is his own opinion..And for us we have to deliver the advice. You can take a horse to the river bank, but you can't force him to drink..

chuknduk
10-29-2009, 06:43 PM
That is very true .. A hunter should respect his harvest of game. Unfortunately I read through some threads on this forum where people were making fun of their hunts.. I wanted to remind them of the ethics, but then i let go. Shame on me.. Next time I'll speak up my mind.. And sorry for deviating from the main topic.

However, from experience, I decided not to share my gun interests with friends in the social circle or coworkers.. I started to feel that those who are not interested (mostly because of ignorance) look at me suspiciously, as if I am a freaking nuts... So I just keep a low profile. I have very very few friends that sometimes express interest and I offer to take them to the range..Usually i take one gun so I can devote all my attention to who ever is shooting and not get distracted. Some of them appreciate the experience, and want to buy their own gun and practice more..and some you feel that they didn't like it.. BUt now with the price of ammo, I am not doing this unless the person is really pushing to try it and then I ask them to buy their ammo, because I can not find it as easy as before.

What breaks my heart sometimes is that my friends' kids (that is the friends who don't like guns) their kids want to learn more and they ask me questions but I really can't offer to teach them or recommend a class for them because their parents don't want them to do so.. And I try to let the parents know that kids should learn about safety because they will be members of society and they will be exposed to all kind of things whether their parents will approve of or not. So let them at least know what to do in that case..But to each is his own opinion..And for us we have to deliver the advice. You can take a horse to the river bank, but you can't force him to drink..

I've always felt that the best way to combat that image is set as good (and responsible) of an example as you can, let it be know in the right situations that you DO support the Second Amendment, and SHOW your friends that not all gun owners are thugs. People need to see GOOD examples of firearm ownership to combat the onslaught of negative news that we see everyday on TV. Kind of a vague statement, but I hope you understand what Im trying to say.

JimSig
10-29-2009, 10:02 PM
I've always felt that the best way to combat that image is set as good (and responsible) of an example as you can, let it be know in the right situations that you DO support the Second Amendment, and SHOW your friends that not all gun owners are thugs. People need to see GOOD examples of firearm ownership to combat the onslaught of negative news that we see everyday on TV. Kind of a vague statement, but I hope you understand what Im trying to say.

got you..and that's what I do my friend..

Made_in_Michigan
10-29-2009, 10:13 PM
I prefer my liberals ignorant and untrained, they will much easier to step over when the SHTF...

seeker01
11-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Liberals preach about open mindedness, but are some of the most closed minded people I have ever met.

There isn't a worst blind person, that the one who refuses to open his/her eyes
(someone else said it first... i am not that clever)
anyway, that just unfortunate... :puppyeye: i guess part of being 'tolerant' is tolerating the 'intolerant' at times :biggrin:

MarkoPo
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Don't know if that was my cousin's kid that video is referring to, but I had a 14 year old second cousin that was shot by his friend with a handgun about 10 years ago. This happened in Hillsdale. He is buried right next to my dad.

I Agree with You Completely.

Give Him this Link...http://www.hunterexam.com/usa/michigan/

It's the On line Course Material. There is Very Little about "Killing".

The Focus is on Safety and Hunting Regulations.

The First Night of Class We Show a Video of a Negligent Fatal Shooting of a 14 Year old by His Friend. It is A Dramatization of a Real Incident called "The Last Shot"

The Video is Quite Powerful and Illustrates the Importance of SAFETY.

You Could Hear a Pin Drop at the Ending. it Sets the Tone for the Entire Class.