PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Wounded Dear

king2517
12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Yesterday I shot a Dear and missed his Vitals
He jumped a Fence and went onto private property
does the Law allow you to track your wounded dear if he goes from Public Land to Private Land?

I unloaded my Gun and try ed to track him Property Owner was not pleased and threw me off Property

pkuptruck
12-10-2009, 10:48 AM
far as I know... nope. His land is his land... and if the deer was DEAD and you could see it, you could call the DNR and see if they might intervene....

but if the animal ran off... nope.

who dat
12-10-2009, 10:58 AM
does the Law allow you to track your wounded dear if he goes from Public Land to Private Land?

I unloaded my Gun and try ed to track him Property Owner was not pleased and threw me off Property
Only with the owners permission. If you'd have asked first, you would have had a better chance.

Hawgrider
12-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Only with the owners permission. If you'd have asked first, you would have had a better chance.Agree ....

If the deer enters private land it becomes the land owners deer. You would have no rights to track it or retrieve it with out permission first.

If I Am hunting on state land that is boarding private I will shoot for the front shoulders instead of heart/ lung shot and drop the deer in its tracks. On a lung shot the deer could easily run a hundred yards before it croaks. So if your hunting near the boarder the heart lung shot may not be a good idea
of coarse with the shoulder shot you will lose some meat ....... but if its that rack of a life time it may be worth it to you to lose some shoulder meat.

CHAPTER 4
RECREATION
SUBCHAPTER 1
RECREATION
RECREATIONAL TRESPASS
PART 731
RECREATIONAL TRESPASS
324.73102 Entering or remaining on property of another; consent; exceptions.
Sec. 73102. (1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person shall not enter or remain upon the property of another person,
other than farm property or a wooded area connected to farm property, to engage in any recreational activity or trapping on that
property without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent, if either of the following circumstances exists:
(a) The property is fenced or enclosed and is maintained in such a manner as to exclude intruders.
(b) The property is posted in a conspicuous manner against entry. The minimum letter height on the posting signs shall be 1
inch. Each posting sign shall be not less than 50 square inches, and the signs shall be spaced to enable a person to observe not
less than 1 sign at any point of entry upon the property.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person shall not enter or remain upon farm property or a wooded area connected
to farm property for any recreational activity or trapping without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent, whether
or not the farm property or wooded area connected to farm property is fenced, enclosed, or posted.
(3) On fenced or posted property or farm property, a fisherman wading or floating a navigable public stream may, without
written or oral consent, enter upon property within the clearly defined banks of the stream or, without damaging farm products,
walk a route as closely proximate to the clearly defined bank as possible when necessary to avoid a natural or artificial hazard or
obstruction, including, but not limited to, a dam, deep hole, or a fence or other exercise of ownership by the riparian owner.
(4) A person other than a person possessing a firearm may, unless previously prohibited in writing or orally by the property
owner or his or her lessee or agent, enter on foot upon the property of another person for the sole purpose of retrieving a hunting
dog. The person shall not remain on the property beyond the reasonable time necessary to retrieve the dog. In an action under
section 73109 or 73110, the burden of showing that the property owner or his or her lessee or agent previously prohibited entry
under this subsection is on the plaintiff or prosecuting attorney, respectively.
(5) Consent to enter or remain upon the property of another person pursuant to this section may be given orally or in writing.
The consent may establish conditions for entering or remaining upon that property. Unless prohibited in the written consent,
a written consent may be amended or revoked orally. If the owner or his or her lessee or agent requires all persons entering
or remaining upon the property to have written consent, the presence of the person on the property without written consent is
prima facie evidence of unlawful entry.
History: Add. 1995, Act 58, Imd. ***. May 24, 1995;—Am. 1998, Act 546, ***. Mar. 23, 1999.
Popular name: Act 451
Popular name: NREPA
Popular name: Recreational Trespass Act

Done Deal
12-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Agree ....

If the deer enters private land it becomes the land owners deer. You would have no rights to track it or retrieve it with out permission first.

If I Am hunting on state land that is boarding private I will shoot for the front shoulders instead of heart/ lung shot and drop the deer in its tracks. On a lung shot the deer could easily run a hundred yards before it croaks. So if your hunting near the boarder the heart lung shot may not be a good idea
of coarse with the shoulder shot you will lose some meat ....... but if its that rack of a life time it may be worth it to you to lose some shoulder meat.

Very good points. While I don't hunt state land....the same guidelines apply to private ground with neighbors that are difficult to deal with. But, with this snow, there goes the chance for any "stealth tracking" manuevers.

pgaplayerless
12-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Very good points. While I don't hunt state land....the same guidelines apply to private ground with neighbors that are difficult to deal with. But, with this snow, there goes the chance for any "stealth tracking" manuevers.

put on ur Yeti feet ;)

Hawgrider
12-10-2009, 11:44 AM
But, with this snow, there goes the chance for any "stealth tracking" manuevers.LOL yeah its pretty hard to hide a blood trail and foot prints with the white stuff on the ground.

I was hunting some private during the second week of firearm this year and was informed by the land owner that if you shoot one and it crossed into the next parcel dont even bother to retrieve. The Neighbor will not cooperate at all.
Too bad folks have to be that way...... but it works both ways....as it turned out the neighbors hunters shot one as the combine was taking down the corn and it came onto our parcel so the land owner tagged it with a left over private doe permit and we had some real tasty camp deer on the open fire :D Sucks to be them it was a nice mature doe corn fed too....Yum!

billywebb71
12-10-2009, 11:46 AM
the easiest way to avoid the conflict, is to make sure you have the ability for a one shot, quick kill.

king2517
12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Agree ....

CHAPTER 4
RECREATION
SUBCHAPTER 1
RECREATION
RECREATIONAL TRESPASS
PART 731
RECREATIONAL TRESPASS
324.73102 Entering or remaining on property of another; consent; exceptions.
Sec. 73102. (1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person shall not enter or remain upon the property of another person,
other than farm property or a wooded area connected to farm property, to engage in any recreational activity or trapping on that
property without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent, if either of the following circumstances exists:
(a) The property is fenced or enclosed and is maintained in such a manner as to exclude intruders.
(b) The property is posted in a conspicuous manner against entry. The minimum letter height on the posting signs shall be 1
inch. Each posting sign shall be not less than 50 square inches, and the signs shall be spaced to enable a person to observe not
less than 1 sign at any point of entry upon the property.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person shall not enter or remain upon farm property or a wooded area connected
to farm property for any recreational activity or trapping without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent, whether
or not the farm property or wooded area connected to farm property is fenced, enclosed, or posted.
(3) On fenced or posted property or farm property, a fisherman wading or floating a navigable public stream may, without
written or oral consent, enter upon property within the clearly defined banks of the stream or, without damaging farm products,
walk a route as closely proximate to the clearly defined bank as possible when necessary to avoid a natural or artificial hazard or
obstruction, including, but not limited to, a dam, deep hole, or a fence or other exercise of ownership by the riparian owner.
(4) A person other than a person possessing a firearm may, unless previously prohibited in writing or orally by the property
owner or his or her lessee or agent, enter on foot upon the property of another person for the sole purpose of retrieving a hunting
dog. The person shall not remain on the property beyond the reasonable time necessary to retrieve the dog. In an action under
section 73109 or 73110, the burden of showing that the property owner or his or her lessee or agent previously prohibited entry
under this subsection is on the plaintiff or prosecuting attorney, respectively.
(5) Consent to enter or remain upon the property of another person pursuant to this section may be given orally or in writing.
The consent may establish conditions for entering or remaining upon that property. Unless prohibited in the written consent,
a written consent may be amended or revoked orally. If the owner or his or her lessee or agent requires all persons entering
or remaining upon the property to have written consent, the presence of the person on the property without written consent is
prima facie evidence of unlawful entry.
History: Add. 1995, Act 58, Imd. ***. May 24, 1995;—Am. 1998, Act 546, ***. Mar. 23, 1999.
Popular name: Act 451
Popular name: NREPA
Popular name: Recreational Trespass Act

Thank you for the info

Done Deal
12-10-2009, 01:10 PM
the easiest way to avoid the conflict, is to make sure you have the ability for a one shot, quick kill.

Having the ability and having the deer cooperate are two very different matters. Thats where shoulder busting or neck shots can come into play.

It is a shame when hunters must shoot a deer all to hell so it doesn't go where it cannot be retrieved.

CaptnKirk
12-10-2009, 04:36 PM

This question comes up quite often in the classes I teach. And the answer is no, you cannot track a deer onto private property without the consent of the landowner. If you do, as it was stated in another post, this is considered recreational trespassing. As unethical, unfair and irritating as it may be, the landowner has every right to deny you to recover your deer on his/her property. There have been instances where COs (Conservation Officers) have been called due to someone shooting a buck that ended up on private property. The hunter, following the law, contacted the landowner and asked permission to recover his deer. The landowner then proceeded to tell the hunter how much he despised hunting and hunters and denied his request. The hunter then called a CO (Conservation Officer) who came to the scene. The CO talked to the landowner who still denied permission. The deer was left for the coyotes.

Having the ability and having the deer cooperate are two very different matters. Thats where shoulder busting or neck shots can come into play.

It is a shame when hunters must shoot a deer all to hell so it doesn't go where it cannot be retrieved.

So true. There was even a story about a father taking out his son for the first time, the boy shot a spike which jumped a fence onto private property and fell within sight. They were unable to convince the landowner to let them recover their deer. What a first time experience. :hot:

In the future, if any game is shot and it falls, crawls, drops, flops, flips or whatever onto private property, FIRST contact the owner of the property. The majority of the time they won't mind at all since you had the courtesy of asking first. Personally, I have even offered the landowner a package of venison steaks as a token of thanks. Sometimes they accept, sometimes not. This not only shows consideration to them, but also improves my association with them in case I ever have to do it again. ;-)

Per the MDNR website:

Recreational Trespass

Trespassing is illegal and seriously erodes support for recreational hunting. Permission is required from the landowner or leaseholder before you may hunt on any farm lands or connected wood lots or on any posted private lands. Landowners may grant verbal permission. Hunters are required to produce their hunting license to landowners upon request.

If you wound an animal or bird and it runs or flies onto private property, you have no legal right to pursue it without permission of the landowner. Without permission of the landowner, you are trespassing and subject to prosecution.
Captn---

ro2
12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
:yeahthat: it has been explained to me that the land owner legally cant claim the deer either, since they were not the one who shot it. If called to the scene the CO's try as hard as possible to reason with the land owners but some people are just as*hats

Groo
12-10-2009, 08:47 PM

cant even count on a neck shot.

I had one scoot itself about 100 yards, busted neck, head floppin' the whole way, until I got another shot off. Throw in some pittifull strangled bleating, and its a miracle my wife (she was with me at the time) didn't turn vegitarian.

Hawgrider
12-11-2009, 06:52 AM
:yeahthat: it has been explained to me that the land owner legally cant claim the deer either, since they were not the one who shot it. If called to the scene the CO's try as hard as possible to reason with the land owners but some people are just as*hats
If the land owner has a tag he can certainly tag it! Its no different than if you shoot a deer but it doesn't go down and 200 yards later another hunter downs it and tags it ...its now his deer. Lifes not fair but that is the law....

I can relate to the private property issue though. It sucks when someone just tramples all over your land with no regard to your property. If its not posted then I suppose you got it coming. But it used to grind my arse when I had mine posted very clearly and people would help themselves. And the worst ones were usually the locals that new you were leaving on a Sunday and wouldnt be back until the next Friday...... Id find fresh foot print in the snow along with dog prints and snowshoe hair.... used to really piss me off they would hunt my bunnies and deer while i was back trying to pay the bills......ARRRRG!

mikethepike
12-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Just have to make it 1 shot 1 kill and there wont be problems:rambo:

Hawgrider
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Just have to make it 1 shot 1 kill and there wont be problems:rambo: 1 shot one kill is not usually the problem. Typically folks will hit the kill zone for a fairly humane kill but in that zone heart/lung
You will almost always get some run time out of a mature buck or doe.
So where is your favorite spot for an instant drop? Head shots don't count as if it was a rack you wouldn't want to destroy the horns.

Quack Addict
12-11-2009, 02:55 PM
If the land owner has a tag he can certainly tag it!

WRONG. See bold text at the bottom of the link.
"It is unlawful to tag an animal you did not legally kill."
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10856_10905-74285--,00.html

The only way the landowner could (possibly) legally tag the deer would be if he was the one that killed it, i.e. if he put a finisher on it.

If dead when found and the landowner tags it, he is guilty of a tagging violation, he could/should get a ticket for tagging it, and the deer could/should be seized by the DNR.

Basically, if the deer died on the landowners property, he/she can either allow the successful hunter to have it or it needs to lay as coyote food.

ro2
12-14-2009, 08:20 PM
exactly what I meant. I did not get my info second hand it was right from the horses mouth ( michigan conservation officer) He had to deal with this exact situation and told the land owner he had the right not to let the hunter or him ( the CO) remove the deer from his property. But he also would be in violation of the law if he took the deer, then informed the land owner he would check to be sure the buck was still there in the future and also reminded him removing the antlers is also a violation. The law is The law and it goes both ways

Garbo
12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Just have to make it 1 shot 1 kill and there wont be problems:rambo:

So much easier said than done. I made a perfect shot which took out the heart and most of the lungs this year. Thing ran about 100 yards (going back and forth and even ran into another deer) before it dropped with absolutly no engine or fuel pump. Sometimes it just happens.

Garbo
12-14-2009, 08:54 PM

The only way the landowner could (possibly) legally tag the deer would be if he was the one that killed it, i.e. if he put a finisher on it.

If dead when found and the landowner tags it, he is guilty of a tagging violation, he could/should get a ticket for tagging it, and the deer could/should be seized by the DNR.

Basically, if the deer died on the landowners property, he/she can either allow the successful hunter to have it or it needs to lay as coyote food.

This is where the ole rule of "ethics" comes in on all sides. 99.99% of the time nobody is watching. If you shoot a nice deer and it manages to come onto my land its your's buddy. I'll even take some pics for ya. Tracking may be another issue than may have to wait a bit and if I have nothing better to do I'll even help ya. But how in the world is the CO going to determine who shot what and where. Archery may be a different story but firearm all a landowner would have to do is plug it and say it was a finishing shot.

Byron
12-14-2009, 10:21 PM
LOL yeah its pretty hard to hide a blood trail and foot prints with the white stuff on the ground.

I was hunting some private during the second week of firearm this year and was informed by the land owner that if you shoot one and it crossed into the next parcel dont even bother to retrieve. The Neighbor will not cooperate at all.
Too bad folks have to be that way...... but it works both ways....as it turned out the neighbors hunters shot one as the combine was taking down the corn and it came onto our parcel so the land owner tagged it with a left over private doe permit and we had some real tasty camp deer on the open fire :D Sucks to be them it was a nice mature doe corn fed too....Yum!
Admitting game law violations here isn't a good idea. The landowner was in violation by tagging that deer.

cant even count on a neck shot.

I had one scoot itself about 100 yards, busted neck, head floppin' the whole way, until I got another shot off. Throw in some pittifull strangled bleating, and its a miracle my wife (she was with me at the time) didn't turn vegitarian.Sounds like you caught the suspensory ligaments/muscles, not the spinal column itself. The neck really has an extremely narrow vital area.

------

To the OP - please read the Hunting Guide before going afield again. This stuff is all covered in very plain language there. Doing things like you did erodes respect for hunters and serves only to further limit access and support from the general public.

EricF517
12-15-2009, 12:52 AM
You need some serious hard hitting rounds to take a neck shot.

How is it a violation if you tag a deer that is found dead on your property?

PS give the neighbor a sob story about how your having problems making ends meet and that the deer would help out your family's finances some. It might work

Byron
12-15-2009, 12:59 AM
How is it a violation if you tag a deer that is found dead on your property?
Answered upthread:
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...4285--,00.html

Hawgrider
12-15-2009, 06:43 AM

Basically, if the deer died on the landowners property, he/she can either allow the successful hunter to have it or it needs to lay as coyote food.Well I read your little link and I say BUNK! Screw that! Id rather get the ticket than waste an animal ! Now that would be a crime !
If that truely applies........ then its another one of those stupid laws that should be changed. To let an animal go to waste because of your right to private property is wrong !

Surviving trespassers will be shot again ! ....LOL

Byron
12-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Well I read your little link and I say BUNK! Screw that! Id rather get the ticket than waste an animal ! Now that would be a crime !
If that truely applies........ then its another one of those stupid laws that should be changed. To let an animal go to waste because of your right to private property is wrong !

That's fine, just don't proclaim it to be legal.

Hawgrider
12-15-2009, 07:04 AM
That's fine, just don't proclaim it to be legal.Well if the land owner puts it down with the finishing shot then it is legal isn't it !

So umm What wood work did you crawl out of? All of a sudden I see you touting your expertise all over this forum. Who died and made you the expert this week? Mr April 09....lol

Lets see saw you hassleing ...

Done deal
Joey what

Where these these experts come from?????

Byron
12-15-2009, 07:13 AM
Well if the land owner puts it down with the finishing shot then it is legal isn't it !

So umm What wood work did you crawl out of? All of a sudden I see you touting your expertise all over this forum. Who died and made you the expert this week? Mr April 09....lol
Yes, it is, but that's not what you said above.

I'm not 'touting my expertise' anywhere, but I do know a few things. I wasn't born in April '09, after all.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

Quack Addict
12-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Well I read your little link and I say BUNK! Screw that! Id rather get the ticket than waste an animal ! Now that would be a crime !

I don't necessarily agree with the LAW as it's written, but it is the LAW and LAW ENFORCEMENT officers are sworn to uphold said LAW.

The ticket you would receive for the tagging violation would just be the beginning. Assuming you're 21, I'd bet you a cold one the CO would seize the deer too. That wouldn't just leave you with a red-ass, it would leave you with a sore one too. Then, feeling righteous and such because you vehemently disagree with said law, you'd fight the citation in court, lose and be especially ***'d having to belly up with court costs and whatever else they hit you with for the inconvenience. You just ended up over $1k in the hole, (at least one) misdemeanor on your record, possible hunting license suspension and still NO deer to show for it. All over a deer you found laying and decided to put your tag on :shake: . Definitely a case of the 'nice guy doing the nice thing' getting fed a ration of sheet in that circumstance. But that's not the case the OP describes.

Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with it but it is the law. :twocents:

Hawgrider
12-16-2009, 06:39 AM
I don't necessarily agree with the LAW as it's written, but it is the LAW and LAW ENFORCEMENT officers are sworn to uphold said LAW.

The ticket you would receive for the tagging violation would just be the beginning. Assuming you're 21, I'd bet you a cold one the CO would seize the deer too. That wouldn't just leave you with a red-ass, it would leave you with a sore one too. Then, feeling righteous and such because you vehemently disagree with said law, you'd fight the citation in court, lose and be especially ***'d having to belly up with court costs and whatever else they hit you with for the inconvenience. You just ended up over $1k in the hole, (at least one) misdemeanor on your record, possible hunting license suspension and still NO deer to show for it. All over a deer you found laying and decided to put your tag on :shake: . Definitely a case of the 'nice guy doing the nice thing' getting fed a ration of sheet in that circumstance. But that's not the case the OP describes.

Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with it but it is the law. :twocents:All fine and dandy..... But what happens on my property stays on my property. And when the day comes that you cant live off your own land that will be one sad day in America.

Done Deal
12-16-2009, 07:00 AM
With all this discussion on tagging a deer, has any mention been made of the reason for the regulations? As I understand it, the law is written to prevent Joe Blow from using his 99 year old blind grand mothers archery tag or for party hunting or similar efforts to circumvent the intent of the law.

I find it difficult to believe that a CO is going to mess with a landowner or guest who tags a wounded deer that finds its way onto the property and dies. I had a friend watch a very nice buck running toward him this year and it dropped dead before he could shoot it. He waited several hours and nobody came so he tagged it with one of the tags he had in his possession.

Now tell me folks, what CO is going to even know about that much less try and cite somebody for that? C'mon, do you think that those guys and gals don't have a brain or a heart? I watched a deer run into a fence one time on a deer drive and break its neck and died. I called the CO and she said, cut it up. Ok...fine by me....

While officers are indeed sworn to uphold the law, they do have the ability to reason and quite often take into account the facts of the situation before making a decision to take enforcement action or not. Still, it is not a good thing to give them a reason but....

Hawgrider
12-16-2009, 08:22 AM
With all this discussion on tagging a deer, has any mention been made of the reason for the regulations? As I understand it, the law is written to prevent Joe Blow from using his 99 year old blind grand mothers archery tag or for party hunting or similar efforts to circumvent the intent of the law.

I find it difficult to believe that a CO is going to mess with a landowner or guest who tags a wounded deer that finds its way onto the property and dies. I had a friend watch a very nice buck running toward him this year and it dropped dead before he could shoot it. He waited several hours and nobody came so he tagged it with one of the tags he had in his possession.

Now tell me folks, what CO is going to even know about that much less try and cite somebody for that? C'mon, do you think that those guys and gals don't have a brain or a heart? I watched a deer run into a fence one time on a deer drive and break its neck and died. I called the CO and she said, cut it up. Ok...fine by me....

While officers are indeed sworn to uphold the law, they do have the ability to reason and quite often take into account the facts of the situation before making a decision to take enforcement action or not. Still, it is not a good thing to give them a reason but....

Well..... I agree 100% Some folks including Officers of the law will actually use common sense...Imagine that!
Im almost positive they quit passing out common sense after 1960 :lol: Just a little of it goes a long way....And when it comes to edible animals With the times are the way they are what a waste it would be to let a deer become food for the ravens and coyotes.

Well said DD

Now that said.... if it were my property depending on the circumstances If the hunter was genuine in intent....... and wasn't trespassing to begin with..... and wasnt set up right on the property line. And the guy wasnt a A- hole I would probably let him retrieve the deer. But other wise stay off my land. And if fresh kill drops on the property I pay taxes on my family would be having venson for dinner ....YUM!;-)

ro2
12-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I thought this discussion started as a what is legal thing. not what would I do. Also on how many ocasions are co's called out on these situations( probably rarely). That being said the land owner has every right to not let someone retrieve a down deer on their land, But if the deer was honestly shot and then went on private land why wouldnt the land owner let the hunter retrieve it.

I do not personally own land, but have many close friends that do and I hunt with them on it. I understand the frustration, showing up finding foot prints, car tracks, gut piles. And yes most of the time it the local yocals.

Do I think that if you find a deer that has not been claimed, or if a wounded deer runs on youre land and the hunter makes no effort to collect it should it go to waste? No. But like previossly stated the law was written to avoid Joe using his wifes deer tag, when she never hunts. Unfortunately there is no provision to cover the other side of the issue. I believe the degredation of common courtesy and ethics have brought alot of these issues to the fore front.

Quack Addict
12-16-2009, 04:38 PM

I understand full well the "intent" of the law. I started to delve into it in my previous post as I was writing it but then axe'd that part of it before I submitted the post.

Bottom line is the law is the law and it's written in pretty plain and easy to understand text. LEO's are in a position where they can interpret intent and not everyone's interpretation is the same. I guess you can now try to convince me there aren't ***** LEO's out there, or ones that won't write a citation when they are having a bad day.

So (relative to the OP) at what point does a deer that was shot on one parcel of land but croaks on another become a stolen deer? Or... what about a guy that steals a tagged deer, cuts the tag off and then installs his own kill tag? I think that reads into part of the "intent" of the law as well.

All fine and dandy..... But what happens on my property stays on my property. And when the day comes that you cant live off your own land that will be one sad day in America.

Understood... so be careful what happenings you detail on a public BBS. ;)

For what it's worth, it has been a string of sad days in America since election day 2008.

Hawgrider
12-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Understood... so be careful what happenings you detail on a public BBS. ;)

For what it's worth, it has been a string of sad days in America since election day 2008.

No worry bout the BBS I dont have huntable land at this time. It was a hypothetical statement so to speak. Its the principle behind the statement that you can own land pay the dang taxes but yet you have to keep others off it and big brother says you cant do this.... cant do that.... cant you read the sign!.... Seems like Ive heard some of those words in a song somewhere .....lol

Done Deal
12-17-2009, 07:43 AM
http://www.fivemanelectricalband.ca/signslyrics.html

Hawgrider
12-17-2009, 07:44 AM
http://www.fivemanelectricalband.ca/signslyrics.htmlLOL yep thats the one :banana:

Garbo
12-17-2009, 09:30 AM
http://www.fivemanelectricalband.ca/signslyrics.html

Great the song is in my head now

Shooter McNasty
12-17-2009, 07:14 PM
You guys know that you can use your dog for traking a wounded deer. Just keep them on a lead. Ive found several critters with my hounds

dpgperftest
12-17-2009, 09:22 PM

a big NO NO ,I never had that issues my deer never make it 5 feet

dpgperftest
12-17-2009, 09:22 PM
You guys know that you can use your dog for traking a wounded deer. Just keep them on a lead. Ive found several critters with my hounds

a bigger NO NO

CaptnKirk
12-18-2009, 02:14 AM
a bigger NO NO

This is incorrect. The MDNR does allow the use of dogs in locating dead deer.

Per the MDNR website:

Use of dogs

Q: Can I use a dog to help find a dead deer?

YES. The Department has established a uniform statewide rule for using a dog to assist a hunter in finding a dead deer. The dog must be kept on a leash and no one in attendance can possess a firearm or bow and arrow. If the tracking is done at night, a light of the type ordinarily carried in the hand may be used (e.g. flashlight, lantern). A dog that barks while tracking the deer cannot be used on public lands.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10363_10856_10905-195317--,00.html

Captn---

Byron
12-18-2009, 02:27 AM
...and it has been allowed for several years. Still can't trespass without permission, of course. (To get back on topic ;))

dpgperftest
12-18-2009, 05:52 PM

so its his right his property. i had a guy AZZ from the city telling me what he can do one my property hell i let it rout there first out charge him clean up.

bottom line people are rude be nice.

yes thy can the DNR will fill out a tag for the property owner this happened to me first hand

ro2
12-20-2009, 05:19 PM
If nobody is around to claim the deer thats fine, the CO can issue the land owner a permit. But if there is another hunter claiming he shot the deer and has the proof it was shot legally and went on to the other persons land that is a totally different story. And why would the land owner want to take it if was a legal shoot, unless they are a deer stealing turd bucket. 2 words morals & ethics