PDA

View Full Version : Mathews Z7....

Johnson16
01-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Anyone on here have one?.....new bow is in the works this year, just not sure what yet

knightrider
01-06-2010, 09:25 PM
My brother got one a couple weeks ago. Seems like a pretty nice bow. Shot it thru the chronograph at the local archery shop and it was only at 297. He's gonna have to play around with arrows to maybe pick up a little more speed. He decked it all out with octane quiver and lighted sight, stay away from the octane sight cuz his has a rattle to it already, so it's coming back off. The only bad thing is it won't fit in a traditional bow case, but there is one coming out on the market in march i beleive. Overall I'd say it's definately not a bad choice, but I'm gonna stick with my Ross Cardiac. Shoots just as sweet and 314fps.

ro2
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
my dad shot it at local shop said it was awesome, but didnt think it condoed the price tag. I'll stick with my drenelin for awhile more

Johnson16
01-08-2010, 10:29 PM
my dad shot it at local shop said it was awesome, but didnt think it condoed the price tag. I'll stick with my drenelin for awhile more

$799 d*****itely stings, but it seems $700-$800 is common for that latest models nowadays. I buy a bow every 5+ years it seems. Fist one was $260, second was $500, third one is ????? Either prices have gone up or my taste have! I just wish accessories weren't so pricey. It seems every add on is $100 or more.

Johnson16
01-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Shot it this afternoon. Felt nice. Way different then the 35" ATA my Reflex has. I am one step closer to ordering one now.

nooner426
01-20-2010, 07:42 PM
They are very nice bows. I have the z7, a monster 6", switchback xt, legacy, and mq1. The monster is not a really a hunting bow (heavy, large, and a little noisy), the others are a bit older, the sb-xt is a great bow, and is very quiet and smooth. Most bows are measured by this bow. the z7 is a bit faster, and just as smooth, and a little lighter, and shorter axle 2 axle. the ibo speed is a 70lb bow at 30" draw, with a 350 grain arrow (all mathews are min. 5 grains per pound arrow, or they may "blow up" and void warranty) with nothing on the string. Add your d-loop, peep, a shorter draw, and less lbs, and you drop pretty quick in fps. my sb-xt is 29.5" draw, 68lbs, 380 gr arrow= 287 fps. The z7 is about 16 fps faster with an equal setup, so 300-305 fps. You could get her to 320 ish with a light arrow, and tweaks, but most hunting rigs only need 1 pin out to 25yds. 25 ft in a tree, and that 25 is good to 40 yds. FYI the monster has a target bow setup. 72 lbs, 29.5", 360 gr arrow= 342 fps!
thats fast. Try the mathews website forums for more info, they have a lot of very knowledgeable people on there. If you could find a good sbxt, that would be an excellent bow to own a little cheaper.