PDA

View Full Version : Got Billet? Spikes Tactical NEW "BIOHAZARD" BILLET Upper/Lower

SWMP15
01-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Don't know who saw this yet, but I have to say that after using a regular Spikes Tactical Lower and Upper and other parts from them, I could only imagine that this Billet upper is the awesome !

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?

It has the following features that i haven't seen on any other lower/upper combo:

LOWER SPECS:

Machined from 7075 billet with Type III hardcoat annodized finish
Integrated winter style trigger guard
Ambi bolt release and bolt catch installed
Flared magwell
Textured on the front of the magwell
Low shelf for RDIAS
Captured buffer retaining pin and rear takedown pin (no more calls for spares)
Set screw for trigger reset
Set screw for upper to lower tension (how sweet is that?)
Bolt catch and bolt release are retained with a threaded pin rather than a roll pin

Lower can be assembled with out a hammer and punch (amazing huh?)

UPPER SPECS:

Machined from 7075 billet with Type III hardcoat annodized finish
M4 feedramps
Beefy design which is stiffer allowing less flex
Front of receiver is machined to accept most after market rail systems (yes, we play nice with everyone else)
Comes with the forward assist and ejection port door installed
The most beautiful lines you'll see on anything other than your wife!

Introductory Price of only $499.95 for the set

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/images/large/Complete%20Upper%20and%20Lower%20on%20side%202_LRG .jpg

Ken1973
01-13-2010, 11:24 AM
It does look really good and it has a lot of features. Looks like it would make a nice base for a long range setup. I wonder how much more it weighs than a standard upper/lower.

Toledo Kid
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
It does look really good and it has a lot of features. Looks like it would make a nice base for a long range setup. I wonder how much more it weighs than a standard upper/lower. BINGO!!! :thdown:

pgaplayerless
01-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Doesn't really offer anything better over regular upper/lower. Tacti-cool marketing.

SWMP15
01-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Doesn't really offer anything better over regular upper/lower. Tacti-cool marketing.

i disagree....if u assembly your own upper and lower it has some cool features, if u dont then i can see why u would say that....:

Bolt catch and bolt release are retained with a threaded pin rather than a roll pin

and of course it's heavier, it's made form billet....and i like how 90% of the people who bitch about weight and what not aren't even using their weapons for any real or tactical purpose so why would weight matter...so u can tell ur buddy, oh look how light my AR is?! comeon

pgaplayerless
01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
i disagree....if u assembly your own upper and lower it has some cool features, if u dont then i can see why u would say that....:

and of course it's heavier, it's made form billet....and i like how 90% of the people who bitch about weight and what not aren't even using their weapons for any real or tactical purpose so why would weight matter...so u can tell ur buddy, oh look how light my AR is?! comeon

I assembled all of my ARs and did several lowers for other ppl. Did all of them on my coffee table with just a punch and a small hammer while watching the tv.

Anybody that needs those features to assemble a lower should probably have it done by somebody competent instead :lol:

No instead you tell your buddy, oh look how leet my billet tacti-cool AR is?!?!:hydrogen:

sircopes
01-14-2010, 12:29 PM
that thing looks sweet

pkuptruck
01-14-2010, 12:31 PM

+1
:para:

SWMP15
01-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I assembled all of my ARs and did several lowers for other ppl. Did all of them on my coffee table with just a punch and a small hammer while watching the tv.

Anybody that needs those features to assemble a lower should probably have it done by somebody competent instead :lol:

No instead you tell your buddy, oh look how leet my billet tacti-cool AR is?!?!:hydrogen:

ya and i like how u assume its my first rodeo....my 12 yr old sister could assembly a lower blindfolded...u want a cookie?

awww come over and we can eat cookies and milk, watch tv and assemble AR's.... ur so sweet PGA :whacko:

and its not "tacti-cool" its functional

pgaplayerless
01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
ya and i like how u assume its my first rodeo....my 12 yr old sister could assembly a lower blindfolded...u want a cookie?

awww come over and we can eat cookies and milk, watch tv and assemble AR's.... ur so sweet PGA :whacko:

huh? I didn't say a thing about you? :idea:

Call me in 6 years and i'll come over to watch tv and assemble lowers with your sister ::brow:

SWMP15
01-14-2010, 01:55 PM
huh? I didn't say a thing about you? :idea:

Call me in 6 years and i'll come over to watch tv and assemble lowers with your sister ::brow:

LOL LMFAO i wish i had a sister it was just a metaphor...caught ya! sicko! :naughty:

pgaplayerless
01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Way to disappoint dood.... :computer:

h&slandscaping
01-14-2010, 04:44 PM
LOL LMFAO i wish i had a sister it was just a metaphor...caught ya! sicko! :naughty:
Sounds like he made a legal offer, nothing sick about that!:hide:

SWMP15
01-16-2010, 02:10 AM
Sounds like he made a legal offer, nothing sick about that!:hide:

thats fine, and PGA can bring his wife/gf over whenever since its "legal" :naughty: :angel: