PDA

View Full Version : Youth Rimfire Leagues or Clubs

abrasivereshapin
01-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know of any? I would like to get my son into something like this.

Maybe something we can do as father and son.

Thanks

tenthumbs
01-14-2010, 05:06 PM
We Have Youth Small Bore At LCSC in Lapeer, During the Summer Months.

Check Our Section in 'Affiliated Clubs' Here at MGO.

karcent
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Blue Water Sportsman Association has a Jr. smallbore program.
They provide Anschuts target rifles, ammo, eye and ear protection and instruction for $5.00 per visit. Shooting is Tuesday evenings.
More info here:
http://www.bluewatersportsmansassociation.com/jrhighpower.htm

BWSA is near Range Road and I-94. Just up the road from you.

Done Deal
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Multi Lakes CC out in Commerce Twp used to have them....but, that would be a bit of a drive.

Roundballer
01-14-2010, 07:59 PM
We Have Youth Small Bore At LCSC in Lapeer, During the Summer Months.

Check Our Section in 'Affiliated Clubs' Here at MGO.
Yes, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club has a small-bore program. And we encourage Adult participation! Our program includes both the NRA 4 Position and Light Rifle Qualifications. We have Savage Anschutz rifles for larger people, and a few smaller Remington's for smaller people. We provide rifles, ammo, and targets. Eye and ear protection are an additional cost. This past year our fees were $4 for youth, $5 for adults, $2 & $3 if you brought your own ammo. We met on Tuesday evenings, and run from April through the end of November. This not a League or a Team. You are only in competition with yourself, can you do better than you did in the past. Can you shoot well enough to gain the next rank/badge. And you can learn the 4 shooting positions. Or you can use you own rifle and participate in Light Rifle, and earn ranking in that discipline.

These are a couple of our kids from last year, we are real proud of them (http://lapeerareaview.mihomepaper.com/news/2009-10-22/Sports/Sports_Shorts.html)

ltdave
01-14-2010, 08:19 PM
the BWSA program the last couple of years have set up and participated in a 'round robin' type league with several different clubs including (i think) lapeer, multi-lakes, pine river, dsc etc...

in addition to the Anshutz rifles there are several Kimber M84s for the larger juniors...

abrasivereshapin
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
BIG THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES

I can't wait to get started

Jerry
01-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Check out Detroit Sportsmen Congress just west of Utica..they had what you are looking for.

www.d-s-c.org

JR

GarandGrabber
02-06-2010, 04:47 AM
Find a club with a CMP Jr. Program. We have a VERY active one here in Gaylord. Kids shoot all night "FREE"

pkuptruck
02-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Multi Lakes CC out in Commerce Twp used to have them....but, that would be a bit of a drive.

they still do. have a pretty good youth/Junior program for rifle and shotgun ..
might be worth the drive....?

langenc
05-19-2015, 08:48 AM
That sounds like a great deal..

correction--several great deals. Sorry-just noticed-several yrs old.