PDA

View Full Version : Work For Dues Program

Joeywhat
01-21-2010, 10:44 AM
MGO has just enacted a work for dues program that can benefit both AM's and CM's. Associate members (those who are not card carrying members of Michigan Gun Owners) may now obtain a free one year membership for working 8 hours at an MGO event. AM's should make sure they are working with a CM or EC member during this time so they can get the hang of how the shows work and what MGO expects out of booth workers. This is limited to 10 memberships total, and the program will expire in 6 months to review it's effectiveness and impact on the organization.

CM's may also work 8 hours at any show for a free one year renewal of their membership. Pretty much same deal as the AM program. This is available to any contributing member who works 8 total hours at a show, there is no limit in place for how many renewals are given out. This program will also expire in 6 months, to review and reflect as above.

Typically shows are in 4 hour blocks, so this would require working two shifts. Members may combine time from two different days or even events as long as both are within the 6 month time frame from the date of passing (Jan. 20th, 2010 meaning it will end July 20th, 2010). Members who use this program can NOT also be put into the drawing for the MGO 'gun of the year', it's one or the other.

Any questions regarding these programs can be directed to me, via email or PM.

hopeitsfast
01-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Members may combine time from two different days or even events as long as both are withing the 6 month time frame from the date of passing (which will be July 20th, 2010). The way this is worded it looks like it doesn't start til July. Is that the case or is it available for the up coming shows?

Joeywhat
01-21-2010, 11:30 AM
I've reworded that portion. It begins now (yesterday technically...) and ends the 20th of July.

Cherokee
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
How many events are planned from now until July 20th?

Joeywhat
01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Off the top my head Birch Run, Outdoorama and Ultimate Sports Show...or something like that? I think that's the show out in GR...

hopeitsfast
01-21-2010, 12:04 PM
I've reworded that portion. It begins now (yesterday technically...) and ends the 20th of July.
Thanks for the answer

_DK_
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Whats this Gun of the year drawing?

hopeitsfast
01-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Whats this Gun of the year drawing?
You work 4hrs you get 1 raffle ticket for the drawing that is held at the end of the year. You must be a CM to be eligible. Every 4hrs=1 ticket. No limit.

dougwg
01-21-2010, 01:26 PM
You work 4hrs you get 1 raffle ticket for the drawing that is held at the end of the year. You must be a CM to be eligible. Every 4hrs=1 ticket. No limit.
Hopeing it's not an XD cuz well... we all know why.:prayer:

Joeywhat
01-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Looks like it'll be M&P40's.

wwjmaj
01-21-2010, 03:18 PM

Which should not be taken as an EC endorsement or preference...it was available at an excellent price. These will be engraved MGO Gun of the Year 2010.

UTPD#5
01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks Joe...you handled the announcement VERY well.

Our request is in for the M&P's, waiting on confirmation from the shipper.

_DK_
01-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Where was the link to the Gun of the year thing, I hadnt seen a post about it.

I had planned on helping during one of the SE MI events, So I guess thats even more incentive to do so

hopeitsfast
01-21-2010, 05:41 PM

I had planned on helping during one of the SE MI events, So I guess thats even more incentive to do so
It just became 'official'. But it's been being talked about for @2wks. C'mon in to the members section and voice your opinions. It seems like not many do.

that guy
01-21-2010, 05:53 PM
If I use my Psychic powers and all my will to "think myself there" at a show to help in spirit can I get an entry?

There must be something that a member from 10 + hours away can do ....no?

Stuff envelopes?

Sell blood.....no wait...I need that

hopeitsfast
01-21-2010, 05:56 PM
If I use my Psychic powers and all my will to "think myself there" at a show to help in spirit can I get an entry?

There must be something that a member from 10 + hours away can do ....no?

Stuff envelopes?

Sell blood.....no wait...I need that
I know your being serious but, that cracked me up. I doubt they considered the guys that live 10hrs away, not to many of those.

that guy
01-21-2010, 05:59 PM
But seriously..

If I were within say a 3 hour drive, I would be at every meeting...and volunteer for anything and everything..

honestly, an organization is only as good as its members and those members must work together and sacrifice a bit for the org.

EDITED TO ADD:

Sorry for derailing this thread. I did not mean to.

UTPD#5
01-21-2010, 06:02 PM

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74739

We discussed A LOT in that thread, but, that is where is came in.

Glad to see that the results are in and this is an attraction to work at events.

UTPD#5
01-21-2010, 06:04 PM
But seriously..

If I were within say a 3 hour drive, I would be at every meeting...and volunteer for anything and everything..

honestly, an organization is only as good as its members and those members must work together and sacrifice a bit for the org.

EDITED TO ADD:

Sorry for derailing this thread. I did not mean to.

Hey not derailing here...LOL, not a problem.

We have an event in the TC area in June??? (I think). Come on down and visit. IF you want to create an event in the UP at a show or something, PM me...we can use the support up there.

dpgperftest
01-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Hopeing it's not an XD cuz well... we all know why.:prayer:

don't worry you can pick up a glock there the ones being used as door stops

Cherokee
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM

These will be engraved MGO Gun of the Year 2010.

How many pistols are MGO buying and for what use?

dougwg
01-21-2010, 07:54 PM
NOOOooooooo

9mm :)

Joeywhat
01-21-2010, 07:55 PM
How many pistols are MGO buying and for what use?

1 raffled just before the FNRA banquet, 1 raffled at the annual meeting the last one raffled to those that volunteered time at MGO events.

hopeitsfast
01-21-2010, 07:57 PM
1 raffled just before the FNRA banquet, 1 raffled at the annual meeting the last one raffled to those that volunteered time at MGO events.
All based on the same ticket system? Or are there going to be cash raffles?

Joeywhat
01-21-2010, 08:00 PM
The one given away at the December meeting for volunteers will be the 'ticket system', only way to get that gun is by working 4+ hours at an MGO event, no tickets will be sold.

The other two will have a cash price for each ticket, I don't know what that price is yet. The FNRA pistol will also have a few other guns included as well.

hopeitsfast
01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
The one given away at the December meeting for volunteers will be the 'ticket system', only way to get that gun is by working 4+ hours at an MGO event, no tickets will be sold.

The other two will have a cash price for each ticket, I don't know what that price is yet. The FNRA pistol will also have a few other guns included as well.
Cool, keep us posted.

dpgperftest
01-21-2010, 09:26 PM
NOOOooooooo

9mm :)
make it a XD9mms:hide:

GLXD45
01-21-2010, 09:29 PM
If it was for an XD, I would volunteer and pay my dues.

dpgperftest
01-21-2010, 09:44 PM

:cheers:

dougwg
01-21-2010, 09:45 PM
You could alway sell the M&P and buy 2 XD's... :p

dpgperftest
01-21-2010, 09:53 PM
You could alway sell the M&P and buy 2 XD's... :p

that be twice as good :popcorn:

cobra
01-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Birch Run signup thread states that AM volunteers need to become members before working.

This would seem to be in conflict with the WFD program as it's been outlined here

UTPD#5
01-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Birch Run signup thread states that AM volunteers need to become members before working.

This would seem to be in conflict with the WFD program as it's been outlined here

Not really...if you want to become a CM prior to working, then you are in the 'ticket system' for the drawing for a gun.

If you choose to take advantage of working to become an CM, then your first eight hours would be used for that purpose.

It was pointed out by another member that it is a bit on the hypocritical side for an AM to boast membership benefits and promote being a CM, when they have yet to do the same.

Hope that helps.

UTPD#5
01-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Perhaps we'll be able to change things in the future as for the MGO GOY, but, for this year we had to make some choices QUICK.

Fact is, I am still awaiting confirmation on the M&P's and others.

I have been told that we 'should' be okay getting the ones we asked for, but, you never know.

Once we are able to get our license to have a raffle, you will see tickets be posted for purchase regarding the FNRA Presale Raffle for an M&P, a LCR and hopefully a nice 22 rifle. All contingent on the inventory at the warehouse.
We are still working on some of those details. These should be worked out by the end of the day Saturday and then confirmation of our guns by Tuesday.

So please....stay tuned, we have some great things on the horizon.

CHEERS!

dougwg
01-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Not really...if you want to become a CM prior to working, then you are in the 'ticket system' for the drawing for a gun.

If you choose to take advantage of working to become an CM, then your first eight hours would be used for that purpose.

It was pointed out by another member that it is a bit on the hypocritical side for an AM to boast membership benefits and promote being a CM, when they have yet to do the same.

Hope that helps.
Ok...

How can an AM work at all if you have to be a CM before working?

It's a catch 22 as discribed.

My +1 for Sunday WANTS TO WORK and EARN his membership, not be put in a drawing for a gun.

May an AM who has NOT paid $25 to become a CM still work the event to earn time to become a CM?
Yes or No please.

Joeywhat
01-22-2010, 10:46 AM
NO, they do not.

However they should be working with a current CM to see how things are done.

dougwg
01-22-2010, 10:56 AM
NO, they do not.

However they should be working with a current CM to see how things are done.
WHAT????

Please re-read my post in it's entirety.

Joeywhat
01-22-2010, 10:57 AM
YES they can work, NO they do not have to be a CM at the time of working.

As stated above that means they must be working with a CM for this to happen.

dougwg
01-22-2010, 11:00 AM
YES they can work, NO they do not have to be a CM at the time of working.

As stated above that means they must be working with a CM for this to happen.
Now that's clear!

Thank you.

bcavanau
01-22-2010, 11:08 AM
I have a question....

You say people who use this for membership are not eligible for the giveaway.

What if someone signs up to work 2 shifts....and get their free membership.

Then decides that was really fun, and signs up for multiple additional events, thus logging 12, 16, 20 additional hours, etc....would they be able to get tickets for events over and above the 8 hours required to get the membership? Or would they be SOL?

hopeitsfast
01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
I have a question....

Then decides that was really fun, and signs up for multiple additional events, thus logging 12, 16, 20 additional hours, etc....would they be able to get tickets for events over and above the 8 hours required to get the membership? Or would they be SOL?
The way i understand it is, after 8hrs you are a 'Member'. After that you have the full rights of membership. 12hrs= ticket 16hrs= another ticket...etc. With that said, you better hurry, there are only 10 of these deals being offered.

UTPD#5
01-22-2010, 11:12 AM
I have a question....

Well heck yes!

Once you are a CM, you can work as many hours as you like...for every four, you'd get a ticket for our drawing.

UTPD#5
01-22-2010, 11:13 AM
The way i understand it is, after 8hrs you are a 'Member'. After that you have the full rights of membership. 12hrs= ticket 16hrs= another ticket...etc. With that said, you better hurry, there are only 10 of these deals being offered.

Darn it, you beat me to the post. LOL

hopeitsfast
01-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Darn it, you beat me to the post. LOL
Sorry if i was out of line answering the question.

UTPD#5
01-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry if i was out of line answering the question.

Not at all...I appreciate the help...we are all on the same team here. LOL

I just have some dead time right now, typing reports, so I was trying to get the answer out. I am working on a cellular modem, you clearly are on a faster network. LOL

PhotoTom
01-22-2010, 12:51 PM
I am working on a cellular modem, you clearly are on a faster network. LOL

W E W I L L
T Y P E S L O W E R
F O R Y O U, T H E N!