PDA

View Full Version : fishing reports?

laplante14
02-04-2010, 06:30 PM
anyone got any fishing reports within 1-2 hours from monroe county. looking to do some ice fishing in the next week or two. thinking irish hills area but will to go farther for some good fishing. looking for perch and or all other pan fish!

mikethepike
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
anyone got any fishing reports within 1-2 hours from monroe county. looking to do some ice fishing in the next week or two. thinking irish hills area but will to go farther for some good fishing. looking for perch and or all other pan fish!

Try Bolles harbor...walk off the launch and go to the right about 100yds......did quite well there the other day. Got to be there 1st thing...NOT 9am or you will miss the bite. Minnows and waxies for the tough biters..use green

Daniels
02-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Try here:
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10364-34956--,00.html

When I was in the UP fishing we where having NO luck and the day before we left this guy came into the docks, we seen him every year but this was the first year we talked to him, he came up to us, asked what we were catching, where and on what lures. He writes it down and and takes notes. We had nothing to give him since we where getting skunked. But he told us where people were reporting catching pike and we headed there the next morning and caught more there in 4 hours than the entire week. I think those guys report it to the DNR and they update the sites.

laplante14
02-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Try Bolles harbor...walk off the launch and go to the right about 100yds......did quite well there the other day. Got to be there 1st thing...NOT 9am or you will miss the bite. Minnows and waxies for the tough biters..use green

in by where all the boat docks are in the summer? i have never heard of people fishing back there i will definitely have to check that out. how about anywhere close to irish hills area devils lake or whamplers? anyone?

laplante14
02-05-2010, 09:42 AM
also can anyone explain how to get out to where the fishing is off the banana dike? i have always heard good reports but never had anyone show me how to get out there.

Daniels
02-05-2010, 09:49 AM
also can anyone explain how to get out to where the fishing is off the banana dike? i have always heard good reports but never had anyone show me how to get out there.
Are you talking about the in South Rockwood or whatever it's in? If so you just drive to the end of Robert's Road and park. There is a gate or something there that you just walk around and that'll take you to the dike.

laplante14
02-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Are you talking about the in South Rockwood or whatever it's in? If so you just drive to the end of Robert's Road and park. There is a gate or something there that you just walk around and that'll take you to the dike.

yea around there by the greatest restaurant ever! three hermanos. but anyways yea there i just have heard many people its like a two mile walk and its a pain in the ass up and down to actually get to where people catch the fish! idk just what i heard. i know where the gate is and all been back there just never went for a walk.

Daniels
02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
yea around there by the greatest restaurant ever! three hermanos. but anyways yea there i just have heard many people its like a two mile walk and its a pain in the ass up and down to actually get to where people catch the fish! idk just what i heard. i know where the gate is and all been back there just never went for a walk.

LOL Funny you mention Three Hermonos because when ever we meet up t go for a motorcycle ride it seems like we always meet in their parking lot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&q=south+rockwood,+mi&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=South+Rockwood,+Monroe,+Michigan&gl=us&ei=ETVsS6OEGYOMNbWpnZYH&ved=0CAsQ8gEwAA&ll=42.006193,-83.204355&spn=0.045602,0.077162&t=h&z=14

There is a map. I'm trying to remember how far we walked and where we went. I used to hunt back there years ago and remember a lot of fisherman but can;t for the life of me remember what area had all the fisherman.

laplante14
02-05-2010, 10:39 AM
yea i guess i am just gonna have to go for a long walk one of these days and figure it all out. so if your ever down for a walk to go find the fish let me know!

Daniels
02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
yea i guess i am just gonna have to go for a long walk one of these days and figure it all out. so if your ever down for a walk to go find the fish let me know!

Will do! It's been a loooong time since I ice fished. I think the last time was behind Wyandotte Hospital back around 1994 or so. We did not have a shanty or anything so I went and found a refrigerator box in someones garbage and made a shelter with that. I probably looked like a bump living on the ice. hahaha

laplante14
02-05-2010, 12:53 PM
we usually make it out ice fishing quite a bit but my dad is in the process of buying a house so he hasnt the time. brest bay is just to hard to ice fish to much area and i have never had any luck. well sometime this week i think i am gonna venture out to the dyke and see what i can come up with and decide to go out there or head out west somewhere.

JohnJak
02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Where's Mort Neff when you need him.

mikethepike
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Get your walking shoes on ..its like 2.7 miles eachway

laplante14
02-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Get your walking shoes on ..its like 2.7 miles eachway

mike in bolles harbor you are talking about walking back towards the marina and what not correct? instead of going to the left or towards the lake go right or inland?

wardog6t
02-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Banana dike sucks. Went out there a few weeks ago. Punched a bunch of holes. No fish, nothin but mud!

mikethepike
02-06-2010, 05:04 PM
mike in bolles harbor you are talking about walking back towards the marina and what not correct? instead of going to the left or towards the lake go right or inland?

Yep we walked to the right about 100+ yds and fished in the middle 7' . This was then and the fish move all the time. Got to be there at 1st light for the best bite. Try alot of things, they will come up and look at it and run off if your presentation is wrong

kreemee15
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
HI WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO HILLSDALE AND TRY ICE FISHING ON MY FRIENDS SMALL LAKE IT IS GOOD FOR ALL THE PAN FISH BUT I NEVER SEEN ANY PERCH THERE BLUEGILL CRAPPIE AND LARGEMOUTH AND SOME TIMES THERE IS CATFISH AND A LOT OF TURTLES THERE ONE TIME I CAUGHT A LEATHER BACK TURTLE AND IT WAS BIGGER THAN A 5 GALLON BUCKET IT WAS DAMM GOOD TASTING TO ME

Buzzcat
02-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Where's Mort Neff when you need him.

:lol:

Too bad that Fred Trost is gone as well. Thursday nights have never been the same since he left.

What I miss the most is the recipe segment where they showed you how to make stuff like "Cheesy Bass Bacon Roll-ups on Rice" or "Perch Cheek Saute' with Squirrel-Stew butter noodles". :wink:

Sorry ya had to go, Fred... :salute:

kreemee15
02-23-2010, 07:49 PM
TO THE GUY IN MONROE IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE I WILL GO OUT THERE WITH YOU LET ME KNOW SOMETHING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THANKS HAVE A GOOD DAY HE USE TO LET ME HUNT THE PROPERTY BUT HIS WIFE SAYS NO ONE CAN HUNT THERE ANYMORE SO ITOLD HIM WHY WOULD YOU WANT THE PROPERTY AND YOU CANT HUNT THE PROPERTY TIME TO GET RID OF HER OH SHE SAYS THE ANIMALS ARE SO PRETTY I TOLD HER YAH THEY ARE MORE PRETTY IN THE FRYING PAN:fa: :fa: :fa: :fa: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :torch: :torch: :torch: :torch:

kreemee15
02-23-2010, 07:53 PM

Too bad that Fred Trost is gone as well. Thursday nights have never been the same since he left.

What I miss the most is the recipe segment where they showed you how to make "Cheesy Bass Bacon Roll-ups on Rice" or "Perch Cheek Saute' on noodles" .... :wink:

Miss ya Fred! :salute:
HI DO YOU KNOW HAPPENED TO HIS SON AFTER THE SHOW ENDED

Buzzcat
02-23-2010, 07:57 PM
HI DO YOU KNOW HAPPENED TO HIS SON AFTER THE SHOW ENDED

No, what happened?

kreemee15
02-23-2010, 08:22 PM

What I miss the most is the recipe segment where they showed you how to make stuff like "Cheesy Bass Bacon Roll-ups on Rice" or "Perch Cheek Saute' on butter noodles". :wink:

Sorry ya had to go, Fred... :salute:
YAH I WAS ABLE TO MEET HIM IN LANSING MICH I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT WENT TO LANSING FOR THE MARBLES AND PRATICAL SPORTMAN 2001 HUNTING AWARD BECAUSE I SHOT A 25LB WILD TURKEY 9 INCH BEARD AND 1 1/2 INCH SPURS IT WAS A VERY NICE OUTING THERE WAS A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE ANY THING FROM A RABBIT TO THE BIG BLACK BEAR THEY JUST DONT HAVE PEOPLE LIKE GOOD OLD FRED TROST HAVENT HEARD ANY THING ABOUGHT HIM SINCE THEY SAID HE PAST ON MICHIGAN OUT OF DOORS NO ONE CAN EVEN COME CLOSE TO FRED TROST HE GAVE ME A TURKEY PATCH THATS SAYS ACROSS THE TOP OF THE PATCH MARBLES FRED TROST TROPHY TURKEY AWARD I HAVE A BUNCH OF VHS TAPES WHEN I USE TO WATCH THE SHOW THAT I TAPED FROM HIS SHOW THATS THE GOOD OLD DAYS THANKS VERY MUCH FRED TROST WE ALL MISS YOU ANY IDEA WHAT HE DIED FROM I THINK HE WAS DIEBETIC IT WAS NICE TO SEE ALL THE OTHER MOUNTS OR PICTURES OF OTHER PEOPLES ANIMALS LIKE THEY SAY EVERY THING GOOD HAS TO COME TO A END:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :bigun2: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: THEN HE DI THE LIVINGSTON COUNTY SPORTMANS CLUB WHERE THEY HAD A LITTLE BIT OF EVERY THING FROM ARCHERY SHOOTS TO THE GUYS WITH ALL THE FANCY SHOOTIN ITEMS THEY HAD A GUY THAT MADE HIS OWN CANNON AND THEY GOT TO SHOOT SOME WATERMELONS ALL THE COOL STUFF HE WAS THERE AND THEY HAD SOME MACHINE GUNS THAT THEY SHOWED OFF NOT YOUR EVERY DAY SHOOTING GOODIES ANYONE WANT TO GO ICE FISHING ON SOME INLAND PRIVATE LAKE ITS NOT TO BIG BUTT ALOT OF FUN TO CATCH SOME FISH ON

kreemee15
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
HE THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO FALL INTO SOME MONEY THATS WHY ALL OF THE SUDDEN SHOWED UP ON HIS SHOW NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SON I TRYED TO CALL THE NUMBER AND IT WAS NO LONGER A GOOD NUMBER SO WHO KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO ANYONE