PDA

View Full Version : Gun shops that carry accessories for competitive shooters

SnakeBee
02-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Hello - ok - I am new in this field.

Basically I have a SW686 unmodified. I am looking for a holster that I saw being used at a PPC match, which needs the revolver only be lifted a bit because it is open to the front. Also those nice Safariland speedloaders I need to find. I would like to see and talk about those Wolff spring kits. Also looking for lighter loaded target ammunition.

Of course I could order everything online. But, I love browsing stores and spending my money locally (e.g. I guess I could get weak when I saw a slick .22 pistol with scope for bowling pin shooting).

My problem is that I know of no gun shop in my area (Troy, Novi, Southfield, Westland ...) that carries more items oriented towards competition shooting.

Do you have any recommendations at which shop I could find the things I described?

Thank you - best regards - Heinz

007bondjamesbond007
02-10-2010, 07:09 PM
I use a Fas-trac by:
Ernie Hill Speed Leather
4507 N.195th Ave.
Litchfield Park, AZ, 85340
USA

I don't know if he still makes them.
Try this.
http://images1.opticsplanet.com/750-500-ffffff/opplanet-safariland-002-cup-challenge-competition-holster-tactical-black-left-hand-002-621-122.jpg

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-002-cup-challenge-competition-holster-tactical-black-left-hand-002-621-122.html

wishn-i-was-fishn
02-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Mail order from Brownells. Delivery is fast and shipping charges are reasonable.

www.brownells.com

Tom S.
02-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Have you tried Double Action? They should at least have the speed loaders. They are at 32411 Dequindre Road in Madison Hts. Target Sports on Woodward (south of 11 Mile) should have the speed loaders too.

SnakeBee
02-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Have you tried Double Action? They should at least have the speed loaders. They are at 32411 Dequindre Road in Madison Hts. Target Sports on Woodward (south of 11 Mile) should have the speed loaders too.

Thanks,

so far I only saw the HKS speed loaders, including at those two gun shops. I was looking for the Safariland speed loaders which release or even "eject" the cartridge in the cylinder with a push on the central knob.

tx Heinz

Sammy_K
02-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks,

so far I only saw the HKS speed loaders, including at those two gun shops. I was looking for the Safariland speed loaders which release or even "eject" the cartridge in the cylinder with a push on the central knob.

tx Heinz

SnakeBee,

No one in the area has the holster you are looking for that i am aware of, if it is the safariland pictured above. If you saw the holster at one of the ppc matchs there is a high likelyhood it was a reno holster that is no longer made. Most people that have them don't let them go. It could have been a ted blocker holster as well. Blockers are still being made. Website i believe is www.tedblockerholsters.com . Westborn gunshop in Taylor on Ecorse Rd. had some of the safariland jet loaders for both k and l size frame revolvers last week when i was in there. They also had one or two safariland loader pouches as well. If you go to one of the banquets after the ppc matchs someone should be able to direct you towards someone with the ammo you seek. Heck you may win some as a door prize at one of the banquets. Hope that helps you some. good luck.