PDA

View Full Version : FNRA Dinner-Tickets available in the MGO Store!!!

Barrettone
02-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Tickets for the 2'nd annual FNRA Dinner on Friday, April 23, 2010 are available online at:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/products.php?cat=10

Just fill out the info on the purchase page and your dinner tickets will be mailed to you and your raffle ticket packages will be waiting for you at the door the night of the event.

Come join us for a fun evening with your fellow 2'nd Ammendment enthusiasts!!! There will be a wonderful catered dinner (with beer, wine and soft drinks included), games, silent and live auctions not to mention prizes and GUNS, GUNS, GUNS!!! There are 2 packages to choose from as well as a "ticket only" option. It is HIGHLY recommended that you consider a package as it allows you to get into the optimum amount of drawings with the least cash outlay (and allows you more $$$ to play other games). The raffle tickets are substantially less when bought in a package versus at the event. This years dinner is going to be held at:

Perry Township Hall
2770 W. Ellsworth Rd.
Perry, MI 48872
Doors open at 5pm and a strolling dinner begins at 6pm.

http://perrytownship-mi.us/hall-rental.html

If you were at last years event, it was a really great time. The event is an equal distance from Flint, Lansing and Livingston County. As always, if you have a group that is willing to help pull this event off in your area, we will be looking for a venue for 2011.

***Note that this a carry-friendly event, however alcohol is available (beer/wine).

Thanks,
Jeff

twofeathers
02-16-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't see a date for this. When is it???

Barrettone
02-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Post edited...It is Friday, April 23rd. It is on the tickets if you click the link and then the ticket picture to blow it up. But you're right, it is better to be in the opening post.

gjgalligan
02-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Where is Perry?

Barrettone
02-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Where is Perry?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Perry&state=MI&country=US&latitude=42.826401&longitude=-84.219398&geocode=CITY

It is 30-40 minutes from Lansing, Flint and Howell. Looks like you are about 1 hour away...straight shot down 69.

KayL
02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Jeff, what time does this banquet start??

Do you have an event posting for it other than this dinner tickets one?

Joeywhat
02-17-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm working on a printable 8x11" flyer but don't know when I'll be able to get it done.

Barrettone
02-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Jeff, what time does this banquet start??

Do you have an event posting for it other than this dinner tickets one?

Doors open at 5pm and a strolling dinner begins at 6pm. Like Joey said, he is in charge of the flyer. We will hopefully have that soon as well as soliciting sponsors.

that guy
02-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Any good and reasonably priced flop houses near there for that?

Might have to take a road trip

Barrettone
02-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Any good and reasonably priced flop houses near there for that?

Might have to take a road trip

I'll do the legwork for you...I would LOOOOOVE to see some UP folks come down for the digs!!!

Heb's Inn of Perry
2811 W Lansing Rd
Perry, MI 48872
(517) 625-7500

***Rooms are $63.00 per night tax included and they have 2 double beds in each room. They have 15 rooms total, and expect that 10-12 rooms will be available the night of our event. Call to reserve.

that guy
02-17-2010, 09:59 PM
thanks Jeff

I will double check my calendar

I am usually done with the season about April 15th-ish and am off for the summer.

Alton
03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I was thinking about going to the dinner but I would like a
little Info like what is FNRA ? Is it part of the NRA ? Would it be ok
to bring a 16 year old Boy ?

Rob

UTPD#5
03-03-2010, 08:44 AM
I'll do the legwork for you...I would LOOOOOVE to see some UP folks come down for the digs!!!

Heb's Inn of Perry
2811 W Lansing Rd
Perry, MI 48872
(517) 625-7500

***Rooms are $63.00 per night tax included and they have 2 double beds in each room. They have 15 rooms total, and expect that 10-12 rooms will be available the night of our event. Call to reserve.

There is a Best Western or something in Durand, just down the road. Do a google on that one if needed.

johnzilla
03-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I was thinking about going to the dinner but I would like a
little Info like what is FNRA ? Is it part of the NRA ? Would it be ok
to bring a 16 year old Boy ?

Rob

Hi Rob -

I am tracking down an answer on bringing teens to the dinner. I don't think there is a problem but I want to check and make sure.

To answer your other question, the FNRA is part of the NRA in a way. The FNRA is a fundraising organization for the NRA Foundation. The NRA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charity, whereas the NRA is not.

FNRA funds raised go to educational programs only, with half of the money going to national programs and the other half going to the state where the money was raised. The NRA pays for field staff to work with fundraising groups to raise the FNRA money. For example, our FNRA field rep's salary and expenses are paid by the NRA. This helps make sure that as much of the money raised by the FNRA as possible goes to education and not administrative costs.

There is more info on the FNRA at their web site: http://www.friendsofnra.org

Alton
03-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Johnzilla, Thanks for the Info, I looked at the web sight
But could not find anything about if the dinners are ok for teens.

Rob

johnzilla
03-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Johnzilla, Thanks for the Info, I looked at the web sight
But could not find anything about if the dinners are ok for teens.

Rob

No worries, I am checking with our banquet chairman to be sure.

I don't think there would be any problem...it is just a dinner and an auction. The only thing that may be an issue is there will be alcohol served, so 18 might be the cutoff point for attendance. And he wouldn't be able to enter any of the drawings where he might win a firearm.

I will find out for sure and post back here.

Barrettone
03-03-2010, 06:49 PM
No worries!!! Teens are more than welcome. After all, these events are put on to promote shooting with women and children. The parent/guardian just needs to accompany them. If they try to get any alcohol from the bar we just duct tape them to a chair.:razz:

Warmest Regards,
Jeff LaFave
FNRA Chairman

Alton
03-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Thank You Johnzilla & Barrettone.

I hope we can make it becouse it sounds like a GREAT TIME.

Becouse You are serving alcohol are we able to carry are pistal
if we have are cpl ?

P.S. I do not drink

hopeitsfast
03-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Thank You Johnzilla & Barrettone.

I hope we can make it becouse it sounds like a GREAT TIME.

Becouse You are serving alcohol are we able to carry are pistal
if we have are cpl ?

P.S. I do not drink
After the stink that one member made last year about it being held at a PFZ, you better believe it is OK to carry this year..lol

capt. lucky
03-07-2010, 03:26 PM
hope to be there will bring some frinds

wyoming2449
03-29-2010, 09:46 AM
You still have time to get your tickets to attend the Friends of NRA banquet on April 23 at the Perry Township Hall in Perry, Michigan. Not only do you get a great meal but you have a chance to rub shoulders with your fellow Second Amendment friends and win some great guns, as well as some other prizes. Some of the guns we will have are, the Gun of the Year a Kimber 84 M Classic Select Grade in .308 Win., a Glock .40SW Model 22 with NRA logo, a Taurus 605B2 .357 revolver w/NRA logo on Rosewood grips, M&P's in .40SW, Ruger LCR and some LCP's plus many more. We will also have a Cherrywood Grandfather clock that also stores 4 long guns and a lockable drawer for pistol's or ammo, great prints, our Knife of the Year from Silver Stag , a damascus drop point skinner with a real elk horn handle. Other prizes include an NRA Copper Eagle weather vane, "Iwo Jima" sculputure, solid bronze ram skull, Leupold Binoculars, Boyt Concealed Carry briefcase and a JAC Custom 1911A1 .22LR Blued Conversion Unit, just to name a few items. We would love to have you bring your wifes, girlfriends or significate others as we will have womens jewelry too! Kids are also welcome to come. So jump on the band wagon and join us for a night of fun and good fellowship. See you there!
Al Herman
Michigan NRA Field Representative
989-686-3013

Len_40
04-01-2010, 09:26 AM
What is a Strolling dinner?

NickS
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
What is a Strolling dinner?

Buffet style.

Barrettone
04-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Buffet style.

Sort of...There will be "stations" with different foods, and one can "stroll" from one station to the next (eating and observing). It is meant to allow people to move freely about the facility without a "structured" dinner time. It allows attendees to continue looking at things rather than having to find a seat and eat in a traditional sense. That way, they can continue playing games, getting in on the raffles and silent auctions, and mingling with others if they like. It is meant to be very informal. Picture an hors douvre party, only there will be main courses as well, and not be restricted solely to finger foods. You can, of course sit down if you like, but it affords another option to the people in attendance.

Jeff LaFave
FNRA Chairman

NickS
04-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Do we have a menu for this event?

tdbrown1969
04-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Ordered my tickets for the FNRA dinner on Thursday and joined MGO for 3 years.Been meaning to join for awhile just finally got the time to sit down and do it.Looking forward to the dinner and meeting some of the great folks here on the forums.The wife and I will also be attending the 2nd amendment march on 4-13-2010.Fun times,td

johnzilla
04-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Ordered my tickets for the FNRA dinner on Thursday and joined MGO for 3 years.Been meaning to join for awhile just finally got the time to sit down and do it.Looking forward to the dinner and meeting some of the great folks here on the forums.The wife and I will also be attending the 2nd amendment march on 4-13-2010.Fun times,td

That is great! A sincere "thank you" for joining MGO and for supporting firearms education in MI through the Friends of the NRA. If you have the time on the 13th, be sure to stop by the MGO booth and introduce yourselves! See you at the banquet!

Alton
04-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Im new to MGO and only realy know two peaple from MGO and they
are not going. I was thinking about going but would not know anyone
there. Are You going to have a place for MGO to meet and talk ?
That way we could get to know each other in person.

Are alot of MGOs going ?

johnzilla
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Im new to MGO and only realy know two peaple from MGO and they
are not going. I was thinking about going but would not know anyone
there. Are You going to have a place for MGO to meet and talk ?
That way we could get to know each other in person.

Are alot of MGOs going ?

FNRA banquets are very social events. There will be many MGO Members there with friends and family. Think of the entire Perry Township hall that night as a place for MGO Members and firearms folk in general to meet and talk. The theme for the night is "friends, firearms, fellowship and food." Best way to meet people is just show up and start. Come on in, the "water" is fine! :D

tdbrown1969
04-05-2010, 02:08 PM
That is great! A sincere "thank you" for joining MGO and for supporting firearms education in MI through the Friends of the NRA. If you have the time on the 13th, be sure to stop by the MGO booth and introduce yourselves! See you at the banquet!

I will try and get over to the booth and introduce myself.Thanks again,td

Barrettone
04-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Do we have a menu for this event?

Meatball Stroganoff
Chicken Alfredo
Herb Marinated Chicken
Red skin taters with garlic rosemary
Green beans almondine
Garden salad
Rolls

jcurtis
04-06-2010, 09:38 AM
What time do you estimate that the banquet will conclude?

johnzilla
04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
What time do you estimate that the banquet will conclude?

9-10 PM sounds about right. Last year, the committee members were on their way home before 12, and that was including all of the closing tasks (cleanup, etc).

oftenshooting
04-06-2010, 07:03 PM
PERRY AS STATED EARLIER IS AT EXIT 105 OFF I-69 MAKING IT APPROX. 16 MILES FROM HIGHWAY 127, THAT RUNS N/S THROUGH LANSING.

Alton
04-07-2010, 03:20 AM
How do we dress for this ?

Do we get dressed up or jeans ?

johnzilla
04-07-2010, 05:57 AM
How do we dress for this ?

Do we get dressed up or jeans ?

There is no dress code. Business casual/jeans is typical but get as dressed up as you like!

UTPD#5
04-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Come on folks, let's get our wallets out and dig in to help the FNRA, they have helped MGO with grant funds for our kids programs, training materials and our booth.

We need attendees, if you want to sponsor...let Barrettone know.

Thanks,

Garry

sse
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I'd go if I wasn't on turkey hunting vaca...

DanM
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
***Note that this a carry-friendly event

Either open carry or concealed carry? Just want to be certain, because it's too long a drive for some of us to be turned away at the door due to a miscommunication that "carry-friendly" actually should have been written "concealed-carry friendly".

Thanks,
Dan

Joeywhat
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
All lawful forms of carry are welcome.

DanM
04-15-2010, 01:42 PM
All lawful forms of carry are welcome.

Thanks for answering, Joey.

KayL
04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Have someone put this thread, or a newly created one (and lock it), on the MGO front page-top to give it more attention. Start some locked posts in other locations.

Joeywhat
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Have someone put this thread, or a newly created one (and lock it), on the MGO front page-top to give it more attention. Start some locked posts in other locations.

I think only a mod/admin can post on the front page.

KayL
04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
I think only a mod/admin can post on the front page.
Correct. Have someone write a good 'sales pitch' and ask PTom to put it on the front page.... on top temporarily til the event.

KayL
04-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Any decision on whether the banquet is on or off??

UTPD#5
04-20-2010, 07:10 AM
Any decision on whether the banquet is on or off??

It is a go, for sure. Bring all your friends.

KayL
04-20-2010, 07:17 AM
COOL!

NickS
04-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Effective today 4/20/10 any tickets ordered through our MGO store will not be sent by USPS but rather will be waiting for you at the door. I don't want these hung up in the mails. Thank you.

tdbrown1969
04-23-2010, 10:37 PM
The wife and I had a great time tonight at the dinner.Lots of great people,great prizes/auctions.Worth every penny the wife spent:)td

johnzilla
04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
The wife and I had a great time tonight at the dinner.Lots of great people,great prizes/auctions.Worth every penny the wife spent:)td

Thanks to both of you and to everyone else that came out to the banquet!! We gave away a lot of great prizes, including:

- Rossi tr-barrel single shot kit (.22LR, .243, 20ga)
- Taurus .357 revolver, 2" barrel with NRA wood grips (very nice!)
- Glock 22
- Weatherby 12ga pump
- Kimber .308 bolt action (I think it was an 84M?)
- Savage .17 HMR with thumb-hole stock
- FNRA Knife of the Year (http://nrablog.com/post/2009/12/24/Friends-of-NRA-Merchandise-Knife-of-the-Year.aspx)

and a whole bunch of other stuff. We also auctioned off a whole list of nice items including a grandfather clock with long gun storage inside, a S&W Sigma 9mm and even a secret "surprise" auction item that ended up being a Ruger LCP.

Stay tuned, we have lots more to raffle off in the next few months to raise money for FNRA. Potential prizes include a S&W M&P, a Ruger LCR, a Henry Golden Boy (a real beauty!) and a Remington 700 in .300 WinMag. Stay tuned for more details!

fbuckner
04-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Thank You to everyone who made the trip and the event worth while.
We had one fella drive from Gladwin to support this worthy cause as well as a few who attended the 2nd Amendment rally and heard about it there.

We look forward to the next year and are already starting the plans for the next one.

Thank You All.

knu2xs
04-23-2010, 11:47 PM
That grandfather clock is now full of long guns and I'm just about ready to go and do a "pre-first shoot" clean on the LCP. Thanks to Kay I don't have to worry about what to do with the small wooden chest this "mystery" item (LCP) was hidden in since it seems that when I wasn't around my wife was encouraged to confiscate the chest for her own needs. Thanks Kay!!

wwjmaj
04-24-2010, 06:59 AM
That grandfather clock is now full of long guns and I'm just about ready to go and do a "pre-first shoot" clean on the LCP. Thanks to Kay I don't have to worry about what to do with the small wooden chest this "mystery" item (LCP) was hidden in since it seems that when I wasn't around my wife was encouraged to confiscate the chest for her own needs. Thanks Kay!!

And I was working on drafting the shared shooting time agreement for the guys that bought multiple counties with me on the Kimber...then I saw that some had a great night on their own....THANK YOU all for helping MGO help the FNRA!

Maranatha
04-24-2010, 08:20 AM
I sure wanted that Kimber 308 but made the Mistake of Picking Wayne County.

I should have known I had No Chance of Winning with WACO

It was a great Night, only wish More MGO member were there

KayL
04-24-2010, 11:43 AM
...when I wasn't around my wife was encouraged to confiscate the chest for her own needs. Thanks Kay!!
No problemo. That's what I'm here for....

fbuckner
04-24-2010, 01:46 PM
I sure wanted that Kimber 308 but made the Mistake of Picking Wayne County.

I should have known I had No Chance of Winning with WACO

It was a great Night, only wish More MGO member were there

Glad you made it Gary! It wasnt for a lack of effort We put it together,had great food,fellowship and some good laughs. We still were in the black so all is good.

Maranatha
04-24-2010, 01:47 PM
We still were in the black so all is good.

I'm really glad to hear that

knu2xs
04-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm really glad to hear that

Same here!

tdbrown1969
04-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Well as I said before the wife and I really enjoyed ourselves and we are looking forward to attending more MGO events and getting to know the great folks here better,td

fbuckner
04-24-2010, 11:45 PM
It was nice meeting you and talking to you as well as everyone there.

capt. lucky
04-25-2010, 08:18 AM
enjoyed the dinner hope to be there next year:cheers:

UTPD#5
04-25-2010, 10:43 AM
It was nice meeting you and talking to you as well as everyone there.

Ditto!

knu2xs
04-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Gary, I was thinking of you last night when I was out and about wondering if that dog house you're in had a leaky roof or not......

wwjmaj
04-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Gary, I was thinking of you last night when I was out and about wondering if that dog house you're in had a leaky roof or not......

Methinks you assume too much. I was wondering if she even let him IN the dog house...but then I remembered he bought the jewelry for her.

knu2xs
04-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Methinks you assume too much. I was wondering if she even let him IN the dog house...but then I remembered he bought the jewelry for her.

Perhaps you're right on the assumption, I hope not since I am assuming that us County folks will soon see the Kimber "Season Agreement" you're working on. :deal2:

UTPD#5
04-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks guys, all is well. LOL No issues here, just glad that I got outbid on the Jesse James item.

FWIW My dog house is one of those plastic ones...one piece roof. LOL

Tallbear
04-25-2010, 06:50 PM
My dog house is one of those plastic ones...one piece roof. LOL

And you wear it as a hat???

Len_40
04-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Also enjoyed the dinner. Had a good time.

NickS
04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
And you wear it as a hat???

Look who has a new avatar!!!

fbuckner
04-26-2010, 11:36 AM
bout time he admitted he was the long lost brother of Obi Wan Kenobi I mean Kenny Rogers.

Maranatha
04-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Should we call him the Gambler now