PDA

View Full Version : Fast fire friendly outdoor ranges for this spring/summer

BadBolt
02-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Hey
I live in Lincoln Park and am looking for an outdoor range that has minimum shooting restrictions. To say it better, a place where you can fire off 5-10 rounds without somebody getting all upset about it. Are there any of those ranges around. I don't mind an hour drive for a range that will allow that. I'm not a crazed ammo dumper mag-after-mag, although that sounds like it should be done at least once in ones life. Just want to have some fun within reason.

I definately don't mind getting into any interesting shooting events.

Also, need one that has 100 yard lanes or more.

I am also open to buddy up and make friends for some trips, carpool, whatever. I have an Arsenal SGL20, STG556 and 9mm pistols.

screagles
02-28-2010, 04:22 AM
Hey
I live in Lincoln Park and am looking for an outdoor range that has minimum shooting restrictions. To say it better, a place where you can fire off 5-10 rounds without somebody getting all upset about it. Are there any of those ranges around. I don't mind an hour drive for a range that will allow that. I'm not a crazed ammo dumper mag-after-mag, although that sounds like it should be done at least once in ones life. Just want to have some fun within reason.

I definately don't mind getting into any interesting shooting events.

Also, need one that has 100 yard lanes or more.

I am also open to buddy up and make friends for some trips, carpool, whatever. I have an Arsenal SGL20, STG556 and 9mm pistols.

If your looking for some no regulation fun, i would suggest going to the pit in lapeer. No rules, keep in mind there may be idiots up there being unsafe as can be.

BadBolt
02-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Is it difficult for cars to get down the road. Or, must you have a pickup truck.

Is it open now, during Winter?

Thanks

screagles
02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Is it difficult for cars to get down the road. Or, must you have a pickup truck.

Is it open now, during Winter?

Thanks

I think that it is open all the time. the road to it sucks so i would advise taking a truck.

Eric00
02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
If your looking for some no regulation fun, i would suggest going to the pit in lapeer. No rules, keep in mind there may be idiots up there being unsafe as can be.
is this a place just anyone can go? ive heard people talk about it but ive never been there, Is there a cost, parking? Thanks Eric

screagles
03-01-2010, 12:29 AM
is this a place just anyone can go? ive heard people talk about it but ive never been there, Is there a cost, parking? Thanks Eric

It is essentially a open area on dnr land that anyone can go to. There is no range master. There is no cost to go, it is kinda a no-mans land.

polishnightmare
03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Wednesday nights, 6-8 PM, at Raccoon Hunters Club in Romulus during summer. IDPA Practice. Doesn't get better than that.

kevins_garage
03-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Wednesday nights, 6-8 PM, at Raccoon Hunters Club in Romulus during summer. IDPA Practice. Doesn't get better than that.
Is it still a bit of a "free-for-all", where you kind of wander from bay to bay and try to get slotted into the shooting sequence or is it more "organized", like how Linden does their IDPA practices? What's the cost this year, if you know?

Batman
03-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Thursday Nights at Blue Water is combat practice. 6:45 to dark starting usually in May. Right now we're inside.

Alton
03-04-2010, 04:27 AM
Take a look at Family shooters corral I think it has every thing Your looking
for and more.Its the most fun place I have ever shot at.

http://www.familyshooterscorral.com/

james_joshua
03-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Is it still a bit of a "free-for-all", where you kind of wander from bay to bay and try to get slotted into the shooting sequence or is it more "organized", like how Linden does their IDPA practices? What's the cost this year, if you know?

+1 I would also like to know that information.