PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Michigan State IDPA Championship

MichiganShootist
03-03-2010, 11:59 AM
South Kent Sportsmans Club is proud to have the opportunity to host the 2010 IDPA Michigan State Championship. The club is located just South of Grand Rapids in Dorr, Michigan.

This club hosted the 2009 MI State IDPA match plus The Michigan State USPSA match and the USPSA Area Match in recent years.... so they know how to put on a great event.

The dates for the match will be August 28 & 29. Competitors can choose to shoot on either Saturday or Sunday (as long as slots are available). This is will clearly be an exciting and challenging event!

Get more information and a registration form at

http://www.tacticalblasters.com/index.htm

Arbor_Shooter
03-12-2010, 08:00 AM
This was an awesome, challenging match last year, I'm looking forward to going again.

Will-IB-Ready
03-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Oh man. I am so in... That's relatively close for me too.
So I guess I have to become an official IDPA member to compete, huh?

MichiganShootist
03-13-2010, 08:18 AM
To shoot in a large sanctioned match such as this one. You have to be a member of the IDPA (which you can join on-line at IDPA.com).

You also must have an established shooter classification. To get that you have to shoot a classifier match at one of the many IDPA clubs. That classifier will establish you as a: Marksman---Sharp Shooter---Expert---Master.

The IDPA.com www site has links in it to all the clubs in the nation so that you can find one close to home. That www site also has a lot of great information on equipment and the rules used for IDPA shooting.

wurm
03-13-2010, 11:59 AM
I'll see everyone there. I shot Saturday last year but I'm thinking Sunday will be better for me this year. Last year's match was a great time. Some of the stages had some great props and everyone working did a wonderful job. I got to clear an airliner, save myself when an elevator opened on a very wrong floor, carry my baby to safety, defend my lawn mower and much more.

KayL
03-13-2010, 03:32 PM
...Last year's match was a great time. Some of the stages had some great props and everyone working did a wonderful job. I got to clear an airliner, save myself when an elevator opened on a very wrong floor, carry my baby to safety, defend my lawn mower and much more.
Three of these were the same scenarios we used in 2004 at CapCity's MI state match.

Will-IB-Ready
03-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Some of the stages had some great props and everyone working did a wonderful job. I got to clear an airliner, save myself when an elevator opened on a very wrong floor, carry my baby to safety, defend my lawn mower and much more.
Yeah, I watched the video on Youtube. It looked awesome.

Troubleshooter
03-13-2010, 04:38 PM
The first monthly match is tomorrow morning.

Will-IB-Ready
03-13-2010, 04:42 PM
The first monthly match is tomorrow morning.
Where? Dorr?
What time?

Troubleshooter
03-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Yes Dorr @ South Kent Sportsmans club.