PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on the Lake St. Clair ice today?

24ever
03-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Took a walk out to Lake St.Clair near the DNR access next to the Spillway today and spotted a number of fisherman about 1/4 mile out. Any of you? Wondering how the good/bad the fishing is.

Buzzcat
03-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Don't know about the fishing, but watch your six... the way the weather is going I predict a large amount of stranded fisherman this year.

And unless you're in the water and swimming/drowning, the CG and MCSD is likely gonna try to bill you big-time for the rescue because of previous issues, and of course, cutbacks in funding.

Your fresh catch of Lake Perch could end up costing you about $2,100 a pound. :?

Be careful out there.....

24ever
03-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Buzzcat, could not agree more, I was surprised to see the guys so far out! Truth be told, I do not like ice fishing, however, once the ice breaks up I will occasionally try my luck at catching pike near the spillway.

Don't know about the fishing, but watch your six... the way the weather is going I predict a large amount of stranded fisherman this year.

And unless you're in the water and swimming/drowning, the CG and MCSD is likely gonna try to bill you big-time for the rescue because of previous issues, and of course, cutbacks in funding.

Your fresh catch of Lake Perch could end up costing you about $2,100 a pound. :?

Be careful out there.....