PDA

View Full Version : Grand Rapids IDPA tonight...

Will-IB-Ready
03-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Just got back, had a great time. Thanks to Steve and Ryan W for setting these up and running them smoothly.

Tonight's two stages were completely different than last month's, including long range shots and different orders of engagement priority.
I had a blast, and did pretty well. Can't wait till next month when it will be outdoors...

Sorry, forgot to snap any pictures, but maybe someone else will jump on here with some.

wJAKE19
03-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I wish I could have made it, but I had an interesting day at work, we caught a guy smuggling pot thru the Visit Room, and found a shank.. Gotta love prisoners.

Will-IB-Ready
03-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I wish I could have made it, but I had an interesting day at work, we caught a guy smuggling pot thru the Visit Room, and found a shank.. Gotta love prisoners.
Sheesh dude, I didn't know you worked at a school! :grin:

Seriously though, see you next time.

agksimon
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
I couldn't make the two indoor shoots, but I'll be at the outdoor ones. Good way to sharpen skills and I learned a lot by shooting against people that are better than me. I'll be at the Intro to IDPA Defensive Pistol Shooting Workshop on Friday, April 16th. See you there Jake. Hope you don't mind if I ask a lot of questions.

Will-IB-Ready
03-31-2010, 10:30 PM
I couldn't make the two indoor shoots, but I'll be at the outdoor ones. Good way to sharpen skills and I learned a lot by shooting against people that are better than me. I'll be at the Intro to IDPA Defensive Pistol Shooting Workshop on Friday, April 16th. See you there Jake. Hope you don't mind if I ask a lot of questions.
I wasn't planning on going to that, because of the Low Light class on that Sunday, but I might come down to hang out with you guys and shoot a little...

cumminatcha
03-31-2010, 11:01 PM

I'd like to get some info on the Intro to IDPA Workshop. On a side note, I met you at Palladium when you were getting a Ruger LCR for your wife. How's she liking it?

kdogg
03-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Where did this take place? I wouldn't mind coming out to check something like this out sometime.

I'm new to the GR area and I have no friends here lol. Wouldn't mind meeting some local shooting folks and finding out more about the local shooting scene!

Thanks guys.

agksimon
04-01-2010, 05:32 AM
I wasn't planning on going to that, because of the Low Light class on that Sunday, but I might come down to hang out with you guys and shoot a little...

I don't see any other shoot listed till the following Saturday, April 24th.
Where is the low light shoot?

agksimon
04-01-2010, 05:36 AM
I'd like to get some info on the Intro to IDPA Workshop. On a side note, I met you at Palladium when you were getting a Ruger LCR for your wife. How's she liking it?

Here's the schedule, but both classes are filled:

http://www.rockfordsportsmansclub.com/Documents/Defensive%20Pistol%20Workshop.pdf

My wife tried the LCR that day and loved it. She was actually able to put her shots into under 3 inches at 8 yards rapid fire. She did great. So of course, she had to then have a gun fanny pack. That was another $60. I went back the next week to Palladium and bought a Taurus TCP 738 for my daughter to try, but I liked it so much, I'm keeping it. LOL Goes nice with my PT709

Will-IB-Ready
04-01-2010, 08:47 AM
I don't see any other shoot listed till the following Saturday, April 24th.
Where is the low light shoot?
It's a class that MDFI is teaching at the Pine River Gun Club on the 18th.

I might come and hang out at the Intro class in case someone doesn't show, and I'll definitely be at the match on the 24th.

Will-IB-Ready
04-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Where did this take place? I wouldn't mind coming out to check something like this out sometime.

I'm new to the GR area and I have no friends here lol. Wouldn't mind meeting some local shooting folks and finding out more about the local shooting scene!

Thanks guys.
Starting the 24th, at the Rockford sportsman's club. Just follow the link for directions and times.