View Full Version : September Silver Trails Archery Shoot

ANIMAL
08-02-2002, 07:35 PM
September 7 & 8
Jeddo Mi
Sat- 9am - 5pm Sun- 8am - 3pm
2 Courses using 3-D Targets
Shootoff Sunday 3:30 pm sharp
For Sunday Qualifiers 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies.

Saturday - Medals awarded to all shooters.

Cost per course

Adults (13 and over) $8.00
Youth $5.00
Children (8 and under) $2.00

Overnight camping sites available

ALL YOU CAN EAT "HUNTERS BREAKFAST"
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
$4.00 PER PERSON

For more info call
Don McColman 810-984-2076 or
LaVerne Gorinac 810-982-5210
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folks This is a fantastic shoot for the whole family. they have two courses of different skill levels and the shoot is held on the Boy Scout Reservation.
The people are great and the land is wonderful. if you go wear good walking boots.

ANIMAL
09-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Just a little bit of bragging here. We went to the Midthumb Bowmen shoot and I didn't do so good. really hot. that took a couple hours for 28 targets. Grabed a bite at the club then hustled over to the scout camp. Silver trails, where I thought I would do lousy because of the heat and being tired at having shot at so many already. well I gave my son a pep talk cause he asn't doing so good either and its his first year with the new bow and he wanted real bad to get a silver medal wich is 150 out of 300. 30 targets at a max of 10 points each. well, at the halfway point he was down 2 points from the 75 needed to be at par . but the boy mad it up on the last 15 targets. he ended with a 159.
The wife got a 214 and she finally went a whole course without missing a target. don't laugh its not as easy as you might think.
and I got a personal best with a 277 out of 300. guess that makes up for the arrow I lost at the club. misjudged the distance to a target and shot clean over its back. and with that arrow clipping along at about 300 ft/sec guess I'll have to look for it in the fall when the grennery is down.

all in all a very good day

Sunday we went to the Woods and Water thing in Imlay city, what a dissapointment.