PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous guns out there

banjobart
08-30-2002, 08:14 PM
I just received a Springfield 1911 off Gun Broker. The seller said it had been gone over with fine tooth comb...

...more like a coarse tooth rasp. The guy thought he had the finest custom pistol known to man. In reality it is gun-butchered and the guy should have his Dremel taken anyway.

Peel off his fingernails, too.

Anyway, it is an unsafe gun becaus the hammer follows the slide forward sometimes when loading the first round. There is a hole in the range bench now, luckily not in me.

Beware of any kitchen-table gunsmiths, especially trigger jobs.

I wish that I had bought new...never again will I buy used. Sorry for the rant.

Rob
08-31-2002, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up, its appreciated

45 acp
02-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experinace with Gun Broker
I have bought severel guns off Gun Broker and Auction arms . Every one was actually better than described .
I always look at the feedback on the seller before bidding.

Dabears!
07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I got my p226 off of someone on here and he cut the hammer reset spring OFF so sometimes the hammer would plop forward instead of staying back

whenever i get a used gun I go over it meticulously, if i hadn't someone at the range or myself would have been injured due to someone elses stupidity

Joeywhat
07-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Holy necro post, Batman!

SHOOT IT IN THE HEAD!!!

Dabears!
07-01-2010, 03:54 PM
didnt realize how old it was haha i was directed through a link sorry for raising it from the dead

ColonelKurtz
07-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I have bought severel guns off Gun Broker and Auction arms . Every one was actually better than described . I always look at the feedback on the seller before bidding.

+1 on all counts. The guns I've bought on these same sites I've NEVER seen in any gun store or gun show (and can't be ordered new b/c they're long discontinued). Thank God for the Internet.

agksimon
07-21-2010, 03:08 PM
The few used guns I've bought, I've alway made it clear to the seller that we had to be close enough to meet in person and take it to the range, so I could try it first. I also field stripped it to check it out. I had a couple back out when I told them this, even though they didn't live far from me. I sell my guns the same way, try before you buy.

TomE
07-24-2010, 02:53 PM
The few used guns I've bought, I've alway made it clear to the seller that we had to be close enough to meet in person and take it to the range, so I could try it first. I also field stripped it to check it out. I had a couple back out when I told them this, even though they didn't live far from me. I sell my guns the same way, try before you buy.

I have offered the try before buy on all my guns sold , and no one took me up on it .

Groo
07-24-2010, 03:31 PM
The only used gun I ever purchased, I tried it first. He was also someone I knew and my cousin's best friend, so it isn't like I didn't trust him. I just wanted to try it first. I've never purchased a car, motorcycle or snowmobile without trying it first either.

I could also put in some comment about my wife, but lets keep it out of the dump :wow: