PDA

View Full Version : heres another one

Rob
09-06-2002, 02:01 PM
You come home from a nice family night out, go to come in the house, and you find that your back door has been kicked in.

Ok first thing you do is get your family to safety, than call 911 on the cell, now for the $100,000 question, would you go in and check out the house? or would you stay hidden, and hope that the Cops don't have more important calls to attend to first?

Added into the Scenario is the fact both you and your Mrs. are well trained and armed, and she would stay with the kids, if in fact you proceded into the house.

"This is all make believe, and has not actually happened"

Kouger
09-06-2002, 02:19 PM
OH WHY DIDNT YOU SPELL IT OUT AND SAY......KOUG...LOOK FAMILAIR (spelling??)

only differance was...door wasnt kicked in........it was open...with lights on..an seen someone in my kitchen....after comming back from up north that took 5 extra hours to drive home.......

not sure i wanna reply to this..rofl

Rob
09-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Opps I forgot about that Koug...... Neighbor looking down the barrel of a .38 at 3 o'clock in the morning

glock99_10mm
09-06-2002, 02:27 PM
Opps I forgot about that Koug...... Neighbor looking down the barrel of a .38 at 3 o'clock in the morning

probably would depend on the ETA of the cops and on the number of entrances on the house.

If the cops are more than 5 minutes I'd go in cocked un-locked and ready to rock

Kouger
09-06-2002, 02:33 PM
well...since ya gave it away.....Cindy stayed in the car with David ( gun at ready)..... I entered the house....( gun drawn nra ready.....)...turned corner gun came up and neighbor had to change his undies.....

on the good side..told him..be glad and thankful I am not the shoot first and check it out later type person....finger on trigger guard ready for trigger got a bead on him and then seen who it was...pointed gun in safe direction and reholstered and bitched him out.....rofl

now the down side to all this...could have had an AD.......shot my neighbor....without my hand on trigger could have been shot first .....alot has gone thru my mind since this has happened...I was waiting for a time when I could get an instructor alone and go into detail about what I did..and what I did wrong.....

#1...... I should have NEVER entered the house.......I nor my family was in a threat.........EVER........the only thing I could have protected was my STUFF IN THE HOUSE...........not worth taking a life over.........I was in clear violation of my training and know better...........I have beat myself half to death over this time and time again.........

at least I learned from it and no one..( THANK GOD ) was hurt

BigDaddy40
09-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Back off, call 911, guard the family

Kouger
09-06-2002, 03:53 PM
Back off, call 911, guard the family

MY Family was potected at all times...cindy is a ccw holder and has 2 guns registered in her name and is a damn good shot.......she was already at the ready when i entered the house.......we both carry

BigDaddy40
09-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Koug,

Didn't mean to imply that you did anything wrong. My wife carries too. What I meant was that we would have backed off and waited for the cops. That's all.

cliffd
09-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Kouger,

You have been beat up enough so I won'g add to the bruises. But I have to ask....

What the hell was your neighbor doing in your house?

Rob
09-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Woke up in the middle of the night and was bored and went over to check on the dog :lol:

he was taking care of the dog while they were away

HvGlock-WillTrvl
09-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Good post Kouger. I think that's a good example that usually you have to violate more than one gun safety rule before the wrong person is hurt. Koug shouldn't have investigated the house in this circumstance...but he properly had his trigger finger indexed rather than on the trigger.

Similar to rule number one....always assume a gun is loaded. Violating this rule alone isn't likely to get anyone killed unless you also violate another rule - always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction until you intend to fire.

Kouger
09-07-2002, 02:57 AM
Koug,

Didn't mean to imply that you did anything wrong. My wife carries too. What I meant was that we would have backed off and waited for the cops. That's all.

BD40....sorry..had a really bad week...grin..I was ready to be beat to hell on this one...i screwed up BIG TIME

CnA
09-07-2002, 10:10 AM
You come home from a nice family night out, go to come in the house, and you find that your back door has been kicked in.

In my case, I would go in and find my dogs playing tug of war with a very unfortunate individual. :lol:

The male would drop a selected portion of the perps anatomy at my feet as a prize!

ChrisBWJ
09-08-2002, 05:57 PM
I've got two GSDs that would probably do the same thing. :lol:

Hugle
12-31-2002, 05:55 PM
If the house was empty, would you be willing to die as a civilian???? B&E of an occupied dwelling is a Felony, but worth clearing it yourself? Maybe to find a punk teenager looking for a quick fix? Property crimes are iffy in front of a jury to say the least if you shhot and kill someone. My .02 :wink: [/b]

enfield
12-31-2002, 10:06 PM
No way in H@ll would I go into that house. My mamma didn't raise no heroes! I'd stay outside, out of site behind cover (like the neighbor's car - don't need bullet holes in mine) and wait for the blue lites!!

Renegade
01-01-2003, 02:20 PM
The not political correct version. I would walk over to my Grandparents call 911 and tell themm what is going on.

Then Gramps (A WWII veteran) and I would have swat teamed them.

The police could clean up the mess when I am done.

The political correct version. Call 911 and wait for the police.

Quaamik
03-19-2003, 10:08 PM
I know, it's an old topic but in my defense I just found it.

I'd get back in the car, drive a little way down the street, turn off the car lights and call the cops. If someone was in the house, they would be armed to an extent that things like cars are more likely to be considered concealment than cover.

In fact, considering that, it would probably be a reall good idea to tell the police that anyone in the house was likely to be armed with my guns.