PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Hunting

LivoniaDan
09-15-2002, 03:23 PM
Well..... I'm back......Empty handed.....
Saw some Red's but..... well..... They are just too small.......
almost got Kamakazed by a hummingbird.....
Must have some really poor eyesight!

It must be me...
one guy I talked to said he got 3 another guy said he got 2.

I must hunt like I fish...... POORLY....
I'm glad I don't need to harvest to live..... I'd starve...

Peaking of which... saw a bumper sticker I liked....

Vegetarian:---- Ancient Indian word meaning bad hunter.

RSF
09-15-2002, 05:54 PM
hahahahahha had my limit in about 2 hours! oh well, hummm, pan fried with some walleye and garlic potatoes! with some cold henikien

DrDavenport
09-15-2002, 06:19 PM
City chickens what a beautiful thing, I have not been able to go yet maybe next weekend I have a spot in Lapeer, hope it is not hunted out yet. City chicken and biscuits and gravy there is nithing like it. GOOD LUCK to everyone this year.

alex-vitek
09-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Was up in Hillman for the weekend and we had some rain Saturday afternoon and into the night up to about 11 pm. Woods and fields were wet Sunday morning but sky was mostly clear.

I got carried away in the morning and ended up walking around a beaver pond looking for the lodge. Finally found it about where I thought it would be and about an hour later was back out.

We have a chipmunk problem and went to resolve that and gave up on the squirrels till next time.

Some yellow showing up, espcially in the poplars and saw some very minor leaf fall. Maples were still green. Ferns were green if they were in the woods. Ferns on edges or out in the open were browning up fast. Couple or three more weeks and it should be great squirrel hunting in many areas.

LivoniaDan
09-15-2002, 09:27 PM
Ok Deputy.... rub it in..... :?

Gonna share?

LivoniaDan
09-16-2002, 06:08 PM
So are Deputy and I the ONLY two out of this group to make it out on Openning day?

John R
09-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Went out opening day, didn't see anything.