PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant

taurus92
10-07-2002, 08:43 AM
Well took my pup to a pheasant farm on Sunday for his 1st hunt. WOW is all I can say about him he was on the birds like he has done this before. He would be running up one of the cut outs and stop on a dime. He would look into the brush and get a perfect bearing on the bird and then it was a flush.

Put up about 12-15 birds and had a few other runners. Well if I could shoot with enough lead on the birds I would of come home with more then 3 of them. Lost a wounded one as well. Man I hate that. We looked and looked just could not find it. Could not take a shot at all of them but what a great 1st hunt with this pup. I don't know which one of us was grinning more.

Kimber45
10-07-2002, 08:57 AM
Nothing better than a day in the field with a good dog. Congratulations on a succesful first hunt with the dog. Sounds like you have a good ecuse to head out to the trap and skeet range! :D Give me a call! :pump:

taurus92
10-07-2002, 10:13 AM
OK meet me at the house at 3:30...

Heck it was my 1st pheasant hunt as well. Thanks for getting me into hunting at a young age!

bluethunder
10-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Nothing better than a day in the field with a good dog. Congratulations on a succesful first hunt with the dog. :

I'll say."A good day hunting,sure beats a good day at work." :D

taurus92
10-07-2002, 01:23 PM
I'll say a bad day hunting will beat the best day at work by miles!