PDA

View Full Version : Deer 2002 - its close to opening day

Kouger
10-20-2002, 11:55 AM
Hi......just thougth I would toss out how close this is getting.......by now.....I am getting all my gear ready.....checking guns...ammo.......clothes......and the likes......not to mention..talking hunting with my kids..... ( I have 6...5 live with us ) .........the youngest a few years ago finally relized.....daddy went and killed a deer......when I go thome..he was heart broke thinking it was bambi...untill we finally got it in his head...thats nothing but a cartoon.....that deer is good.......and we must harvest....... the first meal he ate from it was a little trickey to say the least.....he understands now...

this year however......No Gear getting packed.......No guns comming out of the safe.....No ammo being caressed and talked about.........No hunting for Koug this year........

however...would love to hear.....and read all your hunting stories........

Diverdave
10-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Kouger, I am sorry that you won't be able to go hunting this year. I spent most of Sat. geeting ready. Went to the range and finally zeroed my .303. Getting 1 inch groups at 100 yds on a windy day. Not bad for a $75 (Can) rifle. I also mounted and zeroed my new red dot on my .357. I am getting excellent results with it at 50 yds. Best of luck to all.

Diverdave

Renegade
10-29-2002, 08:58 AM
I have been getting ready too. Deputy & I have been putting up stands and so on here in Hillsdale county where we hunt. I need to sight in my Mossberg 835 which has a 3 1/2" chamber. I think the 3 1/2" lightfields are going to kick a little. I also need to check 0 on my 44mag. I will let you know how I do.

DrDavenport
11-12-2002, 07:01 PM
Well guys and gal's the time is near, have double and triple checked all my gear and all is well leaving Wednesday and will not be back until the 23rd. My wife has packed my bags and cannot wait until I am gone well after I give her some money then cannot wait untill I am gone, LOL!
Hope that everyone has a safe and good hunt. :cheers:

taurus92
11-12-2002, 07:59 PM
packed and rechecked the bags. Setup the GPS and downloaded the topo maps to where I am going. have the compass paced as a backup.

Leaveing real early Thursday AM might as well be Wed night. I have all the bags right here ready to go all I have to do is throw them in the truck and head over to my friends house and move them to his truck. I can then sleep on the way up well he drives.

Looking forward to the trip.

SteveS
11-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Not going this year either, since my wife's due date is next week! I'd love to hear any stories (good or bad).

Thanks,
Steve

GreggB
11-13-2002, 08:18 AM
Good luck to all of you going out this year. Have fun and be safe!

CnA
11-13-2002, 10:24 AM
Dang!

My wife was in a car accident yesterday. Some guy turned into her while he was talking on the cell phone. She was not hurt and he was ticketed.

This means we are down to one vehicle, my truck. I can't just take off for a couple of days and leave her without transportation. I'll miss opening day, but should be able to go up after Thanksgiving. There is always the late bow season too.

Kouger
11-13-2002, 03:17 PM
Dang!

My wife was in a car accident yesterday. Some guy turned into her while he was talking on the cell phone. She was not hurt and he was ticketed.

This means we are down to one vehicle, my truck. I can't just take off for a couple of days and leave her without transportation. I'll miss opening day, but should be able to go up after Thanksgiving. There is always the late bow season too.

Really Gald to hear your wifes OK.......thats the main intrest in it right there......

a couple fo days alone at home might do her good though ( kidding)

dont blame you for not leaving her without a ride...its really ahrd on us nowadays without a car.....

keyjockey
11-13-2002, 07:03 PM
This means we are down to one vehicle, my truck. I can't just take off for a couple of days and leave her without transportation.

You might consider a rental. Shouldn't be too expensive for a couple of days. :D

taurus92
11-13-2002, 07:06 PM
Glad the wife is ok... but 8 hours to I start heading up north.... not much sleep to be had tonight

CnA
11-14-2002, 03:56 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!

I can go after all. My mom is coming down tomorrow and staying for the weekend. The two of them just came back from a trip from Thailand and they brought back bags of silk, cloth, thread for their sewing projects. They will be on a sewing blitz, and I will be on a Bambi blitz!

The deer in Gladwin should be very, very afraid.......

I came back from work early and will start packing shortly.