PDA

View Full Version : Class Geared for women?

bluesoftail
11-01-2002, 09:31 PM
My sister is interested in taking a home protection/ccw class, preferrably geared for women/newbees. She's had very little, if any experience with firearms. I plan to take her to TFL, and teach her some safety, but she will need a class. I'm looking for something good, that she will be taught by someone knowledgeable. Not looking for "New shooters night" thing. If anyone know of one, please let me know. She's in WaCo.

Thanks

M1911A1
11-01-2002, 09:42 PM
Thinking about it, an advanced course geared towards the ladies that already have their CPL's might be a good idea too.

58Sniper
11-01-2002, 10:31 PM
My wife was just talking about teaching another class. She does the CCW class, and the SHARP class (Sexual Harassment Assault & Rape Prevention). We like to tie them together to give someone a full range of resources to deal with everything from suggestive comments all the way to deadly force. I'll check with her. Our biggest problem has been getting a place to have the classes.

bluesoftail
11-01-2002, 10:45 PM
My wife was just talking about teaching another class. She does the CCW class, and the SHARP class (Sexual Harassment Assault & Rape Prevention). We like to tie them together to give someone a full range of resources to deal with everything from suggestive comments all the way to deadly force. I'll check with her. Our biggest problem has been getting a place to have the classes.

Thats EXACLY what she's looking for. Please keep me in mind when you do have one.

Its too bad there is'nt an org. where the membership owned a range w/classroom for training. < Nah, that would be an org. that was "together", and "structured"

Thanks

Rob
11-01-2002, 10:51 PM
Are you offering something there Dave? :lol:

bluesoftail
11-01-2002, 11:23 PM

Perhaps a vision. :twisted: And I know I'm not alone.

M1911A1
11-02-2002, 11:11 AM

Perhaps a vision. :twisted: And I know I'm not alone.

I hate to be the one to say it but don't hold your breath waiting for it.
They aren't about that in the org, it would make sense.

58Sniper
11-02-2002, 11:28 AM
It would be great if we could find an old Moose Lodge or VFW hall to make our own. Even if it didn't have a range, at least there would be a meeting/training place.

bluesoftail
11-02-2002, 12:00 PM
It would be great if we could find an old Moose Lodge or VFW hall to make our own. Even if it didn't have a range, at least there would be a meeting/training place.

You're right, it would be great even if there was no range.

I wasn't talking about THAT org. I know there is no hope there.

But maybe another, well hmmmm.........???????? :twisted:

Kouger
11-02-2002, 12:13 PM
Back to topic.......

I would love for my wife to take MORe classes on personal protection and home defense.........I know all of us ( you know...even some instructors could always use more training) need more of a good thing.......

I have access to a small building.......IN TAYLOR.....the dreaded taylor,mi.....that would hold 15 - 20 ( we have had 42 grown males in this building at meetings) but no range.....if you want to hold just a classroom type class

58Sniper
11-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Kouger - is there a cost for that building? Is that the same one you were referring to for the weapon retention class?

Kouger
11-02-2002, 12:26 PM
I bet a small donation to the football club would be nice......but I will ask

bluesoftail
11-02-2002, 01:30 PM
As usual. The Kougmeister comes through....You're awesome man. 8)

Kouger
11-02-2002, 05:04 PM
As usual. The Kougmeister comes through....You're awesome man. 8)

not yet...but working on it...I have met with SOME resistance..not alot.but some...and working out details for at least one evening..so He ( the pres of the club) can see whats going on........