PDA

View Full Version : stand stollen

RSF
11-10-2002, 12:14 PM
what a ***** day yesterday! went to the farm to bait and bowhunt ! found some great new rubs and scrapes right under were my stand use to be! funny you cant see it from the road you have to walkin a 1/2 mile to get to it i know the local rat kid got it! went and talked to the dad of one of them! so now i have to get one more stand out of renegades shed and put it up for the gun opener! i guess i will do it wed night ! i have bought 2 6 foot kryptonite lock /cables! it is just the thoought of some little ******* stealing my ****! oh well i guess this mean ill kill a monster friday morning! and then the farmer tells us we wont be hunting his land next year because he leased it out! oh well! the search is on! :(

bluethunder
11-10-2002, 12:25 PM
[quote="deputy"]i know the local rat kid got it! quote]
GEEZ,Steve,don't he know who he's F....uh,messing with? Sounds like his Pop didn't teach him the "golden rule".Good Luck on your hunt,both for the Big Buck and a new spot to hunt!

RSF
11-10-2002, 12:29 PM
yeah oh well it happens it was a 50 dollar ladder stand no big deal but! well at least! we still ahve renegades farm and his dad place to hunt! we are already planning on how to set it up for deer! i might have a hook up on a farm in lenawea county as well

M1911A1
11-10-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm with Bluethunder on that. The little jerk should have been taught better. Itis simply amazing the way people think nothing of tresspass and theft these days.

Fiddler
11-10-2002, 09:06 PM
I agree. The parents need to teach the kid better.

mohavesam
01-06-2003, 09:58 AM
Just a reminder - After January 2nd every elevated stand on public (state hunting) land is considered litter, and contraband. Applies to ladders, platforms, permanent and temporary.

Failure to remove one by the 2nd can subject the owner to fines and loss of license priveledges for ?up to five? years. Of course, if your name & address are not on the stand in the prescribed manner anyway one has no legal claim to it (and wuld be foolish to try!).

Anyway, DNR has been taking them down in the past week and I believe they (the nicer ones) all go to auction if not destroyed.