PDA

View Full Version : My rant.....My Vent...Hunting and life..(might be long)

Kouger
11-11-2002, 12:19 AM
well here I sit..midnight..5 days till opening day.....on a computer....not going thru my gear...not checking my lists...not making sure I have everything ready for the week I normally would take to go. NO instead.....I sit..waiting.....for the day to come and go..to be in a truck making a run I dont want to be on........fora company that dont give 2 ***** about who is on what run.....or that they are pissed.....here I sit...waiting for hear from all my friends........Neighbors......and read in the papaer about waht a great opening day they had..dont matter they didnt get a buck.....or a doe......FOLKS...this is about more than bagging that buck......its about LIFE.......its about a time frame so valuable in your memories that you ache.....for that day again.....its about making more memories...with new friends.......shring your stories with everyoen that has an open ear.......its about sitting in the woods..alone......( maybe with a friend..or loved one) thinking..listening..remembering.....its about the smell of the leaves......tress.....weeds....the smells of Mother Nature in all her glory...........its about feeling the rain...or snow on your face.....the faint distant howl of a family dog.....or ..the rustle of the leaves on the ground from one of many reasons........... its so much more than just going and trying to shoot a damn deer......some...( ok in my eyes MOST) dont get it......there are so many reasons I go hunting each year......

this will be the last year I allow my personalfinancial boo boo to dictate me in not going...since I was 14 I can count on ONE hand the seasons i missed..and why........this can not be allowed to happen again......My Hunting Buddy......the Man that taught me values in hunting...sportsmanship.....Fishing.......Is my dad......he is more than a father.....any sperm donar can do that........He is my dad.......they way things are going..I dont think he will be around for next season...Hope I am wrong.....but even if he is here..he will never be able to hit the woods with me again.......but nothing......can ever take the memories from me...

So for everyoen going out this year..making opening day........please remember..its more than a hunt........its more than placement of a single shot ( ok hope its only a single shot).....its so much more

Good Luck and Godspeed to you all...make sure I get some reports on this....for next year... iw ill rejoin my Brothers and Sisters On this wonderful day......

bluesoftail
11-11-2002, 05:19 PM
Amen my friend...I have great memories of hunting with my Dad. I lost him 5 years ago. The hunting trip was so much more than getting a deer. There's a bumper sticker I see alot, it reads "Hunt with your kids, not for them". That is so true. It brings family alot closer together.

sprink
11-11-2002, 09:25 PM
Well said Kouger. Sorry you will not partake. Live the season through the thoughts of others. I'll think of you more than I think of work. Don't know if I my boss will be happy, but I intend to forget about work for a few days. Yes, I'll pay for it later, but I need it now!
My father never hunted, but shot .22's competatively as a young man. I hope my kids will shoot and hunt with me when they are grown and I am older.

Greg

KYIMPB

Kouger
11-12-2002, 04:07 AM
this was going tobe the first year I took my oldest out.......he is wanting to go so bad...but..it will have to wait...his dad dont hunt ( yea...he is my step son).......but...he is very understanding.....

Sprink...thanks for the words and thoughts.......all of you will be in my thoughts all season..

Thunder...you old sly dog you.....its time to teach more kids the TRUE meaning of hunting...that will take us all.......

and to let you all know...about day break..on the 15th...I will be flyin down 75 .....around westbranch..maybe a bit north of it.....in a sterling and a 53' box......not out in the woods with my good friend rob...( though i dont know if he is hunting opening day in westbranch)......but..you all get the idea

My Thoughts and Prayers are with you all for a safe...awesome HUNT

ANIMAL
11-12-2002, 10:26 AM
I75 and West Branch on opening day. Terrible thing that truck breaking down like that. 8)

bluethunder
11-12-2002, 12:06 PM
I75 and West Branch on opening day. Terrible thing that truck breaking down like that. 8)

Now THAT'S the spirit! :hick: I've seen you in action,on the phone,Kouger. :wink: I'm sure it will work.

Kouger
11-12-2002, 01:45 PM
rofl.........yea......but if I stop..will only be for a coffee.....( hint hint hint)