PDA

View Full Version : To all New Members

Rob
12-22-2002, 05:59 PM
I would like to take the time to welcome you all here. Hopefully this is someplace you will be able to call home.

As you will find out shortly after reading up, we do not always agree, but there is a difference, the ones here can agree to disagree :wink:

So please pull up a chair and stay awhile. Its time to put aside simple disagreements and get back to working together to advance our 2A rights.

Kouger
12-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Another Point that should be made is WE ( members of the forums ) like to have fun..not everything said here is a dig or flame at someone. We encourage your OPINION......this seems to be something that has been lost on the boards for months... though we do have SITE ADMINS and MODS......we like the fact that People here mod themself making our jobs much easier. There are very few rules here but we keep an eye on things. You will see Mods and Members getting along more here than most boards anywhere...... with recent events in this fine State of Michigan. I hope this continues.

If you have any concerns, problems or questions and you dont want to make a public post. you can contact any of the site admins or mods by e-mail or PM.

kouger@mgouc.com

Ken P
12-23-2002, 07:22 AM
yep....

what he said!

M1911A1
12-23-2002, 07:48 AM
I have to say that what these guys have said is true. Since I'm just a member, and have no connection with running the sight, I can add that these guys treat every member like they want to be treated.

Kouger
12-23-2002, 09:18 AM
I have to say that what these guys have said is true. Since I'm just a member, and have no connection with running the sight, I can add that these guys treat every member like they want to be treated.

well.....have to say your kinda wrong......you do have a connection with running the site......we have had some great ideas from members on this board..we listen.......we talk......we react......all members here help run this site... we (the members as a whole group) want this to be somewhere to look forward to coming to on a daily basis.....

for a personal note...I normally get off work around 2 - 4 am.....it is nice to say to myself on the way.I wonder whats happening today.and look forward to coming here..to read the jokes....... peoples experiances..... and about new toys they may have picked up.....not to say to myself...well i wonder what kind of BS started again today...

Freetime
02-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Right on, what Kouger said. I'm retired and I'm on and off all through the day(when the lil' wife doesn't have a honey do list, that is). Great site.

Ken P
02-08-2003, 08:17 PM
thanks for the bump back to the top Freetime.

It came at a very appropriate time

ken@mgouc.com

Gwhizzer
12-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the opportunity to chime in here.
Although I've been breathing an awful long time I've only been shooting for a few short years. I live in S Lyon and I found Island Lake Range last year only to have it close down. I'm pumped to learn of the new court decision to allow temporary reopening.
I'm going to navigate around the site to learn what's going on around here. I look forward to future discussions.
Thanks for being here!
Gwhizzer

Tallbear
12-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks for stoppin' in. We have a fun shoot at The Firing line in Westland this Friday (dec. 17). Stop in and say hi. And make sure to bring a gun or two. Although we'll have plenty to share.

Gwhizzer
12-15-2004, 10:35 AM
When do the festivities commence?
G

G22
12-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Check out the Shooting Events section.

http://www.mgouc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7729

OpenSights
11-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Another Point that should be made is WE ( members of the forums ) like to have fun..not everything said here is a dig or flame at someone. We encourage your OPINION......this seems to be something that has been lost on the boards for months... though we do have SITE ADMINS and MODS......we like the fact that People here mod themself making our jobs much easier. There are very few rules here but we keep an eye on things. You will see Mods and Members getting along more here than most boards anywhere...... with recent events in this fine State of Michigan. I hope this continues.

If you have any concerns, problems or questions and you dont want to make a public post. you can contact any of the site admins or mods by e-mail or PM.

kouger@mgouc.com

I wish I could meet some of these guys. Seem like they have their heads on straight. Where did Kouger go?

Tallbear
11-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Where did Kouger go?

Check out Facebook....

Will-IB-Ready
11-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Wow. Blast from the past, huh? Amazingly relevant though.

OpenSights
11-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Check out Facebook....

I'm not on face book. MGO, MGF, and many other sites are enough for me, just ask my wife.

dramey82
11-26-2010, 10:47 PM
:yeahthat: I've always wondered where some of those first ( founders ) have gone, nice revive.

OpenSights
11-26-2010, 10:53 PM
:yeahthat: I've always wondered where some of those first ( founders ) have gone, nice revive.

There are a few who have stuck around for the long haul, But I think there are far more who have called it quits along the way. I don't know why, but the guys that started MGOUC would be an interesting group to talk to.

OpenSights
11-27-2010, 08:46 PM

I was sent this thread from an old member, and found it very interesting.

Yes it does seem that history repeats itself.

Tallbear
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't know why, but the guys that started MGOUC would be an interesting group to talk to.

Ask any question you'd like. I've be here since the beginning.

First Vice President; second President; on many committees: active in keeping it going. I'll try to answer any questions anyone may have.

OpenSights
11-27-2010, 10:03 PM
I know you have been here from the start Tallbear, but where did everyone go?

Tallbear
11-27-2010, 10:24 PM
I know you have been here from the start Tallbear, but where did everyone go?

A couple moved away; A couple said they were "burned out" and stepped back (but are still on line, just not as much). And there are those that got tired of all the "drama" and went their own way.

But, there are some that are still around. Do a search from the "members" search using the "join date". You'll see many of the first members here are still here on a regular basis; just not as active.

OpenSights
11-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Thank you.