PDA

View Full Version : How has everyone been doing deer Hunting?

Renegade
12-28-2002, 10:22 AM
Deputy and I have not been doing good at all.

We are not seeing the deer we are use to.

Plus the place we hunt the guy leased it out to someone else next year with out even asking us.

So I am thinking about a ballot proposal where if you get goverment aid in any way shape or form your land is open to public use. Walk in only.
This would include farms, plus land that corporations are using for recreation.

Autumnlovr
12-28-2002, 07:01 PM
We were seeing good/adult deer everyday during the early bow season (10-1 to 11-14), but come opening day of firearm to 11/30, we saw nothing but bambi's and one doe each. But, we did see coyotes and they have a tendency to make the deer scarce.
:wolf: :bigun2:

mohavesam
01-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Lots of dogs running wild, and I agree they tend to scare away deer for miles. So under advice from the Sherriff's office, we kill every feral dog we see now.

As to the "leasing" issue mentioned, remember that a lease cannot really limit the landowner's liability regardless of what's written into it. As long as the landowner accepts money or non-monetary (valuable) fees mentioned in the lease he/she assumes full liability for any injuries occurring on that property.

On the other hand, liability may be mitigated and hold water in a Michigan court when noted on a NON-FEE lease, i.e., a "free" lease or mere permission to occupy the land temporarliy.

So landowner is much safer by not charging fees of any type.

Dave
01-11-2003, 10:24 AM
This picture was taken before I added two more deer to the pile and my brother added one.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Lumpy223BG/Trio.jpg

This is the doe I got on the last day of season. The magazine in the FAL was blocked to comply with magazine restrictions.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Lumpy223BG/FALdoe2.jpg

Bob S
02-01-2003, 05:51 PM
I shot two does on my Missaukee county property. The first one on November 15 and the second on November 23.

Renegade
02-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Now that the season is over I am see lots of wildlife on my farm.

We are seeing 8 + deer almost every evening, plus wild turkeys.

We do not see the turkeys every day.