PDA

View Full Version : CBC shotgun question

Rupestris
12-31-2002, 10:23 AM
I was given a 12 gauge, single shot, break barrel shot gun in like new/unfired condition. It’s a CBC (Brazilian cartridge company) and imported by FIE Miami. I’m guessing it’s a late ‘80’s model. The fore end can be pulled down which allows the gun to be broken down into 3 pieces very easily. If you aren’t familiar with the model it’s one of those $100 shotguns, pretty much the same as the MagTech (bought out CBC) model 100. I have not fired it yet so I have no idea what it shoots like. I have 2 other 12ga’s so the CBC gets no attention.
What I’d like to know is, if anyone else has one of these, can the 12 gauge barrel be replaced with a smaller gauge like a .410 or 28? I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. It’s a very simple design. Second question: I can’t see any difference between it and the MagTech 100 aside from the release button and would like to know if the MagTech held on to the same design, and will the model 100 barrels fit the older CBC.
I tried the e-mail function on the MagTech website but got repeated error messages. I went to the show at the dome but $100 shotguns are few and far between at the shows, let alone replacement barrels.
What I'd like to do is turn this piece into a cheap squirrel/rabbit gun.

Rupe