PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Refinishing Job

goldwing2000
01-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Just thought I'd tell everybody about some shotgun work I just had done.

My brother gave me a Stevens Model 67, 12 ga shotgun with a 28" barrel that was given to him by somebody moving out of state. And speaking of states, this gun was in a horrible one! It looked as if it had been sitting in the back of somebody's closet for 20 years or more. The thing was rusty, dusty and hadn't seen a cleaning brush in decades.

Since the gun was absolutely free to me, I decided to dress it up, play around with it and make a home defense gun to keep at my girlfriend's house.

After I figured out how to disassemble it (with lots of help from the Gun Parts Corp catalog), I cleaned up the internal parts and entertained the idea of refinishing the blueing myself.

The more I thought about it and the more people I talked to, the more I decided it would be more trouble than it was worth to refinish it myself. Instead, I contacted Mike Koster at Bass Creek Ltd and he quoted me a price.

Since I was going to use it for a "bedroom gun", I decided it didn't need a 28" barrel. Mike cut it down to 18.5" and then he stripped and re-blued the barrelled receiver, the magazine tube, operating rod, operating handle tube and all the screws in a beautiful matte blue finish. He stripped the cast aluminum trigger housing and refinished it in a matte black that looks better than factory. After re-mounting the sight bead, he shipped it back to me and I received it today.

All of this (including return shipping) for $125.00 :!:

The moral of the story is this:

If you need a gun refinished, call Mike!!

Bass Creek LTD
7780 48th Ave
Hudsonville, MI 49426
(616) 669-2794
kostermd@sbcGlobal.net

GreggB
01-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Good to know Kane. Thanks.