PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Remove......?

AxeMan
03-02-2003, 05:24 PM
I have night sites coming fro my Glock 27.

I would like to replace the stock version myself.

What is the proper procedures for removal of the Glock factory sites?

Is this a job that I can tackle myself?

Freetime
03-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Axeman-I had night sights put on my Glock 23C during Glock Days at the Firing Line. If you have the sight removal/installion tool it's an easy job. BUT, one word of caution. When they removed the old Glock sights there wasn't a problem but when installing the new Trijicon Night sights, I watched for approx 20-25 minutes as he tried to install the rear sight. After repeated tries it wouldn't press into place. They told me that they were having trouble with the Trijicons as far as fitting correctly. Many of the whole batch they had overnighted to them for the event would not fit properly. So as a result they installed Meprolites with no problem. Point being, if you don't have the sight removal/installion tool and you encounter a problem such as this and you're doing the slide in the vise, punch and hammer routine, be careful. That's a good way to mess up a perfectly good slide on your Glock. Personally I'd pay the $25 and let them take the responsibility. Just something to think about. :wink: Larry