View Full Version : Copper Lube...?

AxeMan
03-02-2003, 07:14 PM
How many (if any) use this stuff?

It seems pretty messy to me.

Is it worth the hassle?

allen
03-02-2003, 07:27 PM
Are you talking about the stuff that Glock puts on their pistols? Copper Lube (http://glockmeister.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/13/osCsid/bc632c2050ce6f414e7c5614d9d68a83)

AxeMan
03-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Are you talking about the stuff that Glock puts on their pistols? Copper Lube (http://glockmeister.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/13/osCsid/bc632c2050ce6f414e7c5614d9d68a83)

Yes......I also bought some for further use.

karcent
03-03-2003, 08:21 AM
The stuff Glock puts on new pistols is Fel-Pro anti-sieze. It is put on the pistols when they leave the factory but it is not recommended as a general lubricant.

Glock does not recommend using this stuff. Some aftermarket suppliers sell it at greatly inflated prices.

Buy a quart of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. It will serve your purpose much better.

G22
03-03-2003, 09:24 AM
Buy a quart of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil. It will serve your purpose much better.

Seriously?
Ive never heard of that, but it seems that everyone else i ask uses something different, & has their reasons why what they use is better.

So what is the BEST stuff???
Maybe I'll start a poll :D

alex-vitek
03-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Seriously?
Ive never heard of that, but it seems that everyone else i ask uses something different, & has their reasons why what they use is better.

So what is the BEST stuff???
Maybe I'll start a poll :D
Yep. The use of Mobil 1 synthetic has come up before. Maybe not here. But, it has been discussed and there are some real proponents of the stuff. And, a quart will last a long time.

No poll. Only way to make a poll work would be to list every known lube. And, there sure are a lot of them out there.

alex-vitek
03-03-2003, 09:57 AM
The copper stuff at the web site linked off of the one msg says:
Copper Based Factory Lube - Now available to users is the copper based lube that is on the gun when it is new. This lube will not dry out and stays where it is put. It is a lubricant for harsh
conditions, due to its durability.

And, it really does look like anti-sieze. I kinda like the TetraGun grease which comes in a little tube at highly inflated prices. It looks like a synthetic grease.

karcent
03-03-2003, 07:19 PM
I am also a big fan of the Tetra line of lubricants. I have only recently tried the Mobil 1 and I use it only on my Glock Products.
I use Tetra grease and oil on my 1911s and AR15s.

alex-vitek
03-04-2003, 01:15 AM
I am also a big fan of the Tetra line of lubricants. I have only recently tried the Mobil 1 and I use it only on my Glock Products.
I use Tetra grease and oil on my 1911s and AR15s.
Does the TetraGun oil have a really bad smell or is the bottle I have going bad. It smells worse than rancid fat from a rendering plant.

karcent
03-04-2003, 07:49 AM
It has a different odor.
Definately not a petroleum smell, but I would say it smells like roses either.