PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Land Needed

Renegade
03-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Deputy and I are looking for anyone who has hunting land avaliable.

We hunt all seasons.

Let us know what you got and if you have any type of animal problems.

Most likely we can help you out.

Roz
03-23-2003, 10:02 AM
:cry:

After consultation with the wife and the attorney, from a liability perspective, I can't allow someone else to hunt on my land. That sucks.

Renegade
03-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Roz as far as from the legal aspect.

You are only liabel if you charge a fee.

If you allow hunters to use your property with no fee and written permission. The hunters are 100% liabel for their actions, you are not.

ANIMAL
03-31-2003, 03:30 PM
Now, the wife on the other hand....... :cry:

Roz
04-02-2003, 01:21 PM
The wife I'm working on. I only have a little concern as while it is a fairly large tract of land, there is still farming going on around it, plus the Illinois people are slowly starting to encroach on the area. Good thing there are still dirt roads that keep most of them away.

alex-vitek
04-03-2003, 08:37 AM
You are only liabel if you charge a fee.
That is the way I understand it, too. This came up when the DNR started the Hunter Access Program. Maybe you could check with one or more of the attorneys that tend to frequent the message board.

Roz
04-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Pregnant wife is being so unreasonable. Will not consult another lawyer, as this particular lawyer we deal with has been in her family for ages... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Sorry guys.

mohavesam
04-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Now if you're letting a pregnant woman make or contribute to legal decicions and even *gasp* hunting decisions, my friend, you have no business handling firearms or operating a motor vehicle!

Better to apologize than to ask for permission.

When allowing acquaintences or friends to hunt your property, always accompany them at least the first time. If you notice any rude, non-safe, or unseemly behaviours, speak up and give 'em the boot!!! That's probably your only chance!

G22
04-28-2003, 10:06 AM
No need to consult another lawyer here is the law:

http://www.michiganlegislature.org/mileg.asp?page=getObject&objName=mcl-324-73301&highlight=

Roz
04-29-2003, 02:46 PM
G22,

Read over excerpt. and while that covers persons who are hunting, it does not cover people off of the property. And that is her concern. She feels that should heaven forbid, someone take a shot, miss, and a .30-06 goes sailing through someone's living room (there are at least 2 families on the other side of the woods, a farmer through the back fields, and 2 other families throughout the 110 acres), that they would have cause to sue both the hunter and myself/wife. I didn't see anything excluding liability over that.

Not that I am saying Deputy, Renegade or anyone else is a bad shot, but mistakes do happen.

G22
04-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Gotcha :wink:

ltdave
12-06-2004, 06:43 AM
if you are in SE michigan theres only shotgun hunting (of deer anyway) allowed. whats with the .30-06 concerns?

but i understand your position....

david