PDA

View Full Version : STAFF NEEDED, PLUS....

UTPD#5
03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
2A March, Lansing, April 13th - MGO Booth

There is intent to have an MGO booth at the Capitol for this event.

Gun owners...Come one, come all, this is our chance to support what we feel is an important right and would like for our children and grand children to have the same chances we have with recreational shooting, hunting and self preservation.

More details will follow, but, please mark the calendars and plan on attending.

dougwg
03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
I already marked the calendar. :D

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/calendar.php?s=&c=1&week=&month=4&year=2010

Will-IB-Ready
03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
I might be able to make the drive and help man the booth...

johnzilla
03-24-2010, 04:33 PM
I will be there and can man the booth for a bit, but I would really like the opportunity to walk around some as well so I prefer not to do a full shift.

Ed Hoffman
03-24-2010, 06:17 PM
:flag:
I'll help

fbuckner
03-24-2010, 07:44 PM
We have to check the capitol website to get permission to have a booth on the east lawn.

dougwg
03-25-2010, 08:04 AM
We have to check the capitol website to get permission to have a booth on the east lawn.
No problem, just put it on the West lawn then.

UTPD#5
03-25-2010, 08:36 AM

I am on this, Mike T is helping.

We'll keep the thread updated.

GF

Tallbear
03-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Booth will be set up at 10 AM on the east lawn.

Those able to help with set up and/or working the booth, please contact me for scheduling. Thanks

Tallbear
04-12-2010, 06:14 AM
Still looking for a couple members to work the booth tomorrow.
Booth will be set up at 10 AM on the east lawn.

Those able to help with set up and/or working the booth, please contact me for scheduling. Thanks

Joeywhat
04-12-2010, 07:13 AM
I should be there around 10:30 or so. I'll be around and can work the booth a bit.

jvanhorn
04-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I have to work (my job) for a while before leaving for this, but I can work, also.

GPintheMitten
04-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Are we allowed to OC on the Capitol lawn?

Joeywhat
04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Do we have a rough idea of where the MGO booth will be? I'd like to park close by.

dougwg
04-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Are we allowed to OC on the Capitol lawn?
On the lawn, on the steps, in the Capitol building and yes my dear, even in the Gallery.

The only place we may not carry (oc/cc) is on the House Floor. This is a restricted area and as far as I know NO ONE can carry there except the guards. But this is a non-issue for us as we're not allowed on the House Floor anyway.

GPintheMitten
04-12-2010, 10:16 AM
On the lawn, on the steps, in the Capitol building and yes my dear, even in the Gallery.

The only place we may not carry (oc/cc) is on the House Floor. This is a restricted area and as far as I know NO ONE can carry there except the guards. But this is a non-issue for us as we're not allowed on the House Floor anyway.

Thanks. Just wanted to be sure.

I am available to help at the booth for awhile, if you need me.

Edit: PM sent to TallBear

johnzilla
04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
In addition to all of the great speeches we heard, many people signed our petition, we distributed MGO tri-folds and FNRA banquet flyers, and we sold all of the hats we had on hand as well as a bunch of the mugs. We also had at least one new Member join.

Many thanks to all who came out to the Capitol today to support the Second Amendment, and to everyone who came by the MGO booth to offer support and to volunteer!

fbuckner
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Yes Thank You all who could attend in person as well as in spirit. It was a great event and everything went off really perfect IMO.

tdbrown1969
04-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes it was a great day with good speakers and alot of great people.Pretty cool walking around and seeing all the guns people were carrying.Fun times,td

nelson133
04-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Detroit News reported on it and said there were 300 people, seemed like more to me. Freep.com had no coverage at ll. Good speakers made for a good day.

fbuckner
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Trebor ( Rob ) and I figured close to 5- 6oo were there .

Tallbear
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Still looking for a couple members to work the booth tomorrow.

Thanks to all that helped out to make today another successful event.

wwjmaj
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
GREAT showing for our rights. Well mannered crowd. Speakers including our own F. Buckner did us proud. THANK YOU to all who showed up. I am totaling the signatures collected and will report at Saturday's meeting.

Special thanks:
Johnzilla for getting the petition going before I could get there. Without his efforts we wouldn't have nearly as many signatures. TALLBEAR & FBUCKNER for getting the booth there and back and set up.

WELL DONE!

wwjmaj
04-14-2010, 10:27 AM
In the gallery.

fbuckner
04-14-2010, 10:51 AM
GREAT showing for our rights. Well mannered crowd. Speakers including our own F. Buckner did us proud. THANK YOU to all who showed up. I am totaling the signatures collected and will report at Saturday's meeting.

Special thanks:
Johnzilla for getting the petition going before I could get there. Without his efforts we wouldn't have nearly as many signatures. TALLBEAR & FBUCKNER,Ed Hoffman, Doug and Joey .for getting the booth there and back and set up.

WELL DONE!. Hip hip hooray!

wwjmaj
04-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Whoops did NOT mean to leave out Joey, Doug and the purple past President! THANKS GUYS! You really stepped up to get the job done for those of us operating a little more impaired (physically thank you very much) than normal....

dougwg
04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Whoops did NOT mean to leave out Joey, Doug and the purple past President! THANKS GUYS! You really stepped up to get the job done for those of us operating a little more impaired (physically thank you very much) than normal....
I didn't really do anything though

The other guys had it handled pretty darn good.

fbuckner
04-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Did anybody get any other pictures?

Maranatha
04-17-2010, 10:25 PM
I did hear that the President of MGO gave one hell of a speech

remingtondude58
04-17-2010, 11:04 PM

Anybody get it on video?

Done Deal
04-18-2010, 07:31 AM

Why isn't a copy of the text posted for all members to read?

Ed Hoffman
04-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Rick did a great job

Done Deal
04-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Rick did a great job

Ok....I am not disputing that opinion....just asking why we all are not made aware of what he said, not just opinions on how he delivered what he said.

Afterall, much was made of it and, as members, we have a right to know exactly what he said----don't we?

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=830737#post830737

Joeywhat
04-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Maybe if you ask a few more times in the next 10 minutes, by some magic it will magically appear in front of you.

Seriously dude...take it easy. Give him a bit to actually process the information and post it. Don't need to make it a big deal, and don't need to shove it in his face at every possible moment.

In other news, I do have some pics of the event, will post tomorrow.

Done Deal
04-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Maybe if you ask a few more times in the next 10 minutes, by some magic it will magically appear in front of you.

Seriously dude...take it easy. Give him a bit to actually process the information and post it. Don't need to make it a big deal, and don't need to shove it in his face at every possible moment.

In other news, I do have some pics of the event, will post tomorrow.

I do take it easy....but, one would think that a video and text of such a happening would be posted in the week that it occured....

Apparently not.....and no updates from the BoD have been posted to advise the membership that it would be forthcoming.

I'd say that July is just around the corner but last year when I did, that bit the organization in the arsh big time. Alas, our bed is made....

Maranatha
04-18-2010, 02:06 PM
I think it would best for MGO that we see if a Video of the Speech is available and if So we can get it posted.

I would suggest that the Text of the speech (if there is one) not be posted until we are sure there is no video available.

My concern is that if there is a difference between the written speech and video of the speech there could be a whole can of worms opened up on the forums. I sure someone would complain that "why was this left out" or Why was this added. to the written speech.

wwjmaj
04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
"someone"?

Done Deal
04-18-2010, 08:47 PM
"someone"?

And your point is?

fbuckner
04-18-2010, 11:12 PM
His point is maybe someone would post a video if they have one. What is your point? Im not sure if there is any video besides what little was taken by the press.

Done Deal
04-19-2010, 06:07 AM
I think it would best for MGO that we see if a Video of the Speech is available and if So we can get it posted.

Excellent idea.

It is surprising that an opportunity to show membership what the MGO did at the event has not been utilized by the BoD. Well, on second thought....

Since it doesn't appear that the MGO planned to get video, maybe leadership should check with membership or MOC or somebody....

I have good video of that, also some of Mike Cox, Skip, and our own President speeches