PDA

View Full Version : MGO Discount for Gun Defense Seminar

cmil333
03-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Michigan Krav Maga will be holding a Gun Defense seminar on Saturday May 1 and we are proud to offer a significant discount to MGO members. This seminar will cover open handed (no weapons) defenses to some of the most common gun attacks. You will be taught how to redirect the attacker's line of fire, control the attacker's weapon, and disarm and deal with your attacker. Please see the attached flyers for more detail. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM or email.

Here are some quick details:

When:
Saturday, May 1, 2010
8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Where:
Dragon Academy & Michigan Krav Maga
12792 Currie Court
Livonia, MI 48150
http://www.michigankravmaga.com/
734-462-4828

Cost:
$129 if paid/registered on or before April 30th
*MGO Members - $100 if pre paid/registered
$145 after April 30th
*MGO Members - $129 after April 30th

Note: A lot of people who carry (either open or concealed) believe that learning open handed defenses to gun attacks is pointless since they have a gun of their own. I believe these are the people that can benefit from this seminar the most. According to the Tueller Drill (I know…the Tueller Drill does not directly apply to this scenario) it takes a trained police officer 1.5 seconds to draw, aim, and fire a shot. That probably puts the average person at 2 to 2.5 seconds. If an attacker already has his gun pointed at you, that is more than enough time to get one, if not several shots off. The defenses taught in this seminar will allow you to make the necessary time and space needed for you to draw your weapon and defend yourself.

cmil333
04-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Just a reminder that this week is the last week to pre-register for this seminar. Don't miss out on some good info and some good education. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!