PDA

View Full Version : Romanian .22

AxeMan
05-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know how to take this darn thing apart?

It's my 13 yr old sons.

I need to field strip it to give 'er a good cleaning.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

bluesoftail
05-14-2003, 07:04 PM
I found this, I hope it helps.******* M1969 Romanian .22

Release the magazine by depressing the retainer clip at the front of the magazine and pull down.

Now open the bolt and inspect that the chamber is empty. Now that we KNOW it is unloaded depress the release lever at the front of the button on the left side of the receiver...now gently slide the bolt out free of the rifle.

Get a good screwdriver out and carefully remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the trigger guard area. now gently wiggle the trigger guard and lift off. For future reference as on Mauser the longer bigger screw always goes in the front of the action and the smaller one back by the trigger side.

Now you can lift the action free of the stock...this is about as far as you should ever need to go...it's easy to see where the screw is that holds the trigger assembly in place...

AxeMan
05-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey Blue....Thanks....it worked out well....

There seemed to be an excess of grease on the action.

Is this normal?????

bluesoftail
05-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Hey Blue....Thanks....it worked out well....

There seemed to be an excess of grease on the action.

Is this normal?????

Axe, I think it is. Every milsurp I've ever bought has been greased to the hilt. Probably from once being stored.

AxeMan
05-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Do I need to reomove some of the excess grease?

bluesoftail
05-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Yes clean it thoroughly, then lighly oil the moving parts. The excess grease will eventually catch dirt, become abrasive, and cause it get sluggish.