PDA

View Full Version : Glock trigger reset problems

sprink
05-25-2003, 08:00 PM
My Glock has a problem. Not every time, but randomly, the gun will fire and the trigger does not reset. I had replaced the connector with a 3.5# version when I noticed the trouble. I put the stock connector back in and went to a match today.

First course went fine. Second, the pistol failed again and again. In action, the gun didn't fire, so I tapped and racked, bang. Then it happened again, drop mag, reload , rack, bang, etc. After the round was over, I realized the recurring problem and abandoned the Glock.

Any ideas????????

banjobart
05-26-2003, 10:40 AM
I would call Glock and send it right back. They did a job for me very fast last month. My gun was only gone a couple weeks before it was right back at my door. An adult needs to be there to sign for it at delivery from UPS.

sprink
05-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Thank Bart. I was thinking of sending it to Glock but I thought it would have to go through an FFL.

Roz
05-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Sprink,

The last time I had my G22 "refreshed", they sent it back via UPS overnight, with adult signature required. I believe the only time it needs to go back to an FFL is if there is a SN# change, even that whole -1 that was discussed on other gun forums. I can attest that when S&W/Walther swapped out my P22, it did have to go through an FFL. Bigger problem now is that MSP has 2 P22s registered against my name, even though I no longer own one of them. S&W/Walther were supposed to write to the MSP Technical services division, advise them they had replaced the pistol and have it unregistered from my name back in January. They still haven't done it.

Kimber45
05-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Both my wife and I had our Glock frames replaced as part of the "recall". We shipped them to Glock and they shipped them back to us UPS Next Day Air. We had to reregister them. It was a simple "few minute" procedure.

Big_Jim
05-26-2003, 07:51 PM
My guess is that you put something back together wrong. Get the Glock assembly/disassembly video. It is well done and you may be able to fix the problem yourself.

Roz
05-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Kimber45,

Cool! When I called them, they told me it would have to go through an FFL. They checked my 3 serial numbers and told me that I wouldn't need a replacement. Glad it worked out for you.

Ken P
05-27-2003, 07:41 PM
My Glock has a problem.
Any ideas????????

it can't be fixed..you must return it to an authorized "can't be fixed" glock depot.

please e-mail me and I will be happy to provide the address to my house...I mean to the nearest authorized location

sprink
05-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Yea Right! :P

Seems to me, as modular as they are, I should be able to replace something!

I just don't know what to replace! :oops:

Ken P
05-27-2003, 09:29 PM
was it a OEM connector?

heard bad things about some of the aftermarket's

banjobart
05-28-2003, 08:32 PM
You can still receive your Glock at home if an adult signs for it even though the serial number is new. This is still a repair job, you already own the gun and are not making a new purchase.

My Glock repair was a complete replacement since I blew the old one up. UPS brought it right to my door. I do not have a FFL.

I did go re-register it since the serial number was new.