PDA

View Full Version : Black Powder Rendesvoux

Jerry
06-06-2003, 04:43 AM
If you would like to get in some summer shooting with your ol' smoke stick...a good way is to go to a black powder shoot (rendesvoux).

The match consists of a variety of shooting which varies at each meet.

Most of the shooting is done with open sights and off hand only.There are different rules for the different locations so some may allow the use of scopes and inline ignition but most are set up for percussion and flintlock shooting....and the most fun for me Tradeguns.

Most meets shoot paper targets on the lines and also will have a woodswalk where you get to walk through the woods taking shots at vaious targets at different distances. And most will have specialty shoots at some really hard targets.

The rendesvoux's usually have camping for the weekend which normally is included with the entry fee which. I have not been to a meet in a couple of years but the going price for entry and camping for the weekend was $20 .....What a value!!!! And the friends you make are just great!!!

The competition is for fun and honor...some take it seriously and others like to shoot and have fun.

Here is a link to the shoot schedule... http://my.voyager.net/~jamrosre/StateShootSchedule.html

If you want to have a fun weekend ...attend a shoot near you!