PDA

View Full Version : What if dogs attacked your dog?

J 92 Brigadier
06-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Here we have a situation where you are walking your small dog and two large dogs, German Shepard and Rottweiler come out from nowhere after your dog, but not you. Now the law allows you to protect yourself, and other people. But, what about drawing and shooting unleased dogs attacking your dog? Instinctively, I would like to put them away, but legally I would probably face a lot of trouble. What say you?

LivoniaDan
06-21-2003, 02:21 PM
Bang........ Bang........ Problem solved.

keyjockey
06-21-2003, 08:34 PM
You could probably successfully argue that the dog is like one of the family.

This is probably a lawyer question. Jim.........?

ANIMAL
06-22-2003, 07:24 AM
there is not a lawyer standing next to you on the street.

DECIDE now.

Like dan said... BANG BANG next.

wingsfan
06-22-2003, 07:35 AM
You WERE afraid for your life, RIGHT? :wink:

Ken P
06-22-2003, 08:48 AM
You WERE afraid for your life, RIGHT? :wink:

DAMN officer...those dogs were coming after me....I know they were going to kill me...*weep, weep* *sob, sob* Fluffy, being man's best friend, tried to take them on and save me

45 acp
06-23-2003, 04:03 PM
You are walking your small dog on a leash of 6 foot or shorter and two large dogs, German Shepard and Rottweiler come snaraling and snapping at your little dog that is now cowering between your legs. Ya I think it would be bang,bang,bang,bang a double tap into each of them. Yes officer they were comming right at me and they were mean and I can not out run a dog I had no other choice.
Now in the civil suit that follows the German Shepard and Rottweiler were prize breeding stock and worth thousands and they were the nicest dogs there ever was.

rio
06-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Even nice dogs are suppose to be on a leash. I would assume they were after me and act accordingly.

keyjockey
06-23-2003, 05:54 PM
there is not a lawyer standing next to you on the street.

DECIDE now.

Didn't say there was. I would Definitely be using the gun.

However, there WILL be a lawyer standing next to you as the negligent petowner tries to shake you down. My statement went more to the issue of what happens next. Is a dog considered PROPERTY? If so, you cannot defend property with lethal force. I believe it was stated that you were NOT being attacked, only the dog.

I realize that this is not the legal section of the board. My bad.

sprink
06-23-2003, 08:50 PM
My old Dog "was" my first child. Need I say more?

Kouger
06-23-2003, 11:08 PM
I was always told..... after a shoot.....call your laywer....same applies here......2 dead dogs = one cell call to Jim

Quaamik
08-24-2003, 10:42 AM
If the your dog is considered property, then so are the two your would have shot. So you wouldn't be facing the same critique as if you had drawn on another person.

On the other hand, if drawing on the other dogs is considered the same as drawing on a person, then your dog would also have to be considered a person and you are defending a family member.

The wate would start to get really muddy if a person attacked your dog.