PDA

View Full Version : Surviving

G22
06-30-2003, 02:25 PM
O.K. (humer me) Lets say you need to leave your home for whatever reason, & survive in the wilderness for an extended period of time.
Besides your Firearms, ammo, food, water, first-aid, what do you bring to survive? (no i dont plan on becoming a recluse)!!!!
You can only use what you bring with you. The climate is Michigan like.
Lets hear all your wilderness survival ideas!!! :wink:

mkls0
06-30-2003, 02:31 PM
All i need is my ammo and Firearms IF it's all about survive as long a you all have food and shelter im come and take what I need . But that only if it a all out thing .......

RSF
07-01-2003, 07:39 PM
I have a basic carry pack that has seen me through a few trips of remote times! i include short cutt pocket saw, a msr water filter/purification unit, 2 good tarps, zip ties, crazy glue for the first aid kit, chem lights, and a good solid knife either a greco or busse or livesay(used to use a gerber bmf) and a super leatherman tool! thats about it ohyes and a blast match fire stater or good old zippo

Renegade
07-20-2003, 08:21 AM
Good one.

Lets see. I would fill my backpack with what I thought were needed. Like first aid kit, water purifier, fire starter, small tarp, change of clothes, compass, fishing line aand some hooks. I would either wear my cold weather hunting outfit or pack it depending on the weather. Also take a few MRE's to tide me over till I can hunt.

I would also take my AK 47, extra mags, ammo and my Glock 22 with the same. I have my G.I. pistol belt set up with mag carriers for both plus a holster and canteen. I would take my Gerber back pack axe and my knives of Alaska Brown bear combo. I may even take a shotgun and ammo. Yes this is alot of stuff. But I have loaded the pack and strapped on the rest of the gear and was able to carry it.

The reason for the weapon choices is their reliability. I have better hunting rifles but who knows when you will be able to clean them.

I am sure I forgot something.

Barbara
07-20-2003, 10:05 AM
Tom Brown's Guide to Wilderness Survival.

:P

Quaamik
08-24-2003, 11:38 AM
First off, screw the backpack - I have a pickup truck.

Lets see: Clothing, tent, food, guns (plural), ammo (lots), knives (also plural), axes, bow, sharpening and cleaning gear for knives and guns, water, spare gas can (full), dog.

Then I have to go back and remember to bring the wife and daughter (just kidding).