PDA

View Full Version : Even Tougher Stuff, Mall Security Style

Toxie
07-10-2003, 01:51 AM
Ok here are a Pair of new 'uns. Same rules as before, read the other if your new!

A. Your cooking dinner, and your pair of 100Lbs. dogs begin fighting over a peice of food in the other room. You look over, and you see that it has tuned into a kill or be killed fight between the dogs. One of the dogs you know is at fault and allways starts the fights and is food possessive. What do you do?

B. Your neighbor is out in his yard when you hear furious growling and barking. You turn to see him fighting off his 80 Lbs. dog, and you see him bit at least twice and blood drawn. Your gun is on the kitchen table. . .what do you do?

C. Your flying to (anywhere, who cares?) and right after boarding (sweet, window seat!) the person flying next to you arrives and puts their bag in the above compartment. While doing so you notice that he has a small handgun in an ankle holster on his left ankle. He is weaing buisness clothing and says hello. . .

Kouger
07-10-2003, 07:49 AM
ok...last one is toughest......

a.....being my dogs.......voice commands work.......plus I have size 13 ***** stompers that get attention

B - kind of already happened..but it was a baseball bat.not gun...was a great dane and the neighbor was 130lbs and bleding from her arms.....dead dane......farmington hills police and animal control ruled good defenseive kill.....case closed.......neighbor was very happy with me at that point

with todays security...I would stil have to at least excuse myself to the rest room and inform airline personel of said gun

bluethunder
07-10-2003, 09:19 AM
If they're my dogs, I would be (hopefully) able to get them to stop with shouting or throwing water on them. It would be hard to shoot my own dog for fighting with it's 'roomate'. But I also think that if the dog "always started fights and was food possesive" I would of 'nipped that in the bud' and not let it stay in my home unless the dog learned to be more social.

As for #2, I'll grab the gun, go outside and shout to the neighbor, Are you really fighting with the dog, or was it playing that got too rough? No need pissing off a neighbor, if it's started out as 'playing with his dog'.If he says "yes, I think it's trying to kill me, etc." Then I would tell him I'm armed and all he has to do is give me the word and I will shoot the dog.

And the third one, well, I would assume that he was a 'non professional' i.e. not a sky marshall. Seems like they would know how to carry concealed ,if not we have major problems with their training! :roll: And so I would, at my earliest convience tell somebody from the flight crew. Although, if he was friendly and jovial, I might make a comment, very quitely,about his pants being too short, or something along that line. If he was a pro, he should immediately know what I was talking about. Of course if he was wearing a turban, all bets are off :wink:

Ktulu
07-10-2003, 09:48 AM
1. I'd let them fight it out. If they fight all the time, then there appears to be some misunderstanding who is the "top dog," so to speak. This would not happen in the house as I would not keep, or allow, two 100# dogs in the house. Houses are for people. Outside is for animals.

2. I think asking the person being attacked is crucial in this one. "Do you need help?" "I'm going to kill the dog!" etc.

3. Putting aside the fact that if I could see the person’s gun in an ankle holster, then security at that airport is a joke. I can't make any assumptions. I can't assume the person is a criminal and I surely (I'm not calling you Shirley) can't assume the person with a GUN on an AIRPLANE is not a criminal. I would inform the crew as discreetly as possible.

GreggB
07-10-2003, 04:19 PM
1. I would let them fight it out. If you interfere then you will only delay the inevitable. I have a 70# dog and a 100# dog and they get into regular urination competitions. The "little", younger dog is challenging the bigger, older dog. As Long as no blood is shed I let them work it out for themselves. 2. I would grab the gun and go out and inform the neighbor that I am armed and ask if he wants my help. 3. I will assume that the person that has the gun will be a Marshall or a cop but I will also discretely inform the Flight Attendant of the situation regardless.

goldwing2000
07-10-2003, 04:36 PM
A: Shoot 'em both, finish dinner.

B: Shoot 'em both, finish dinner.

C: Jump out of my seat, yell "HE'S GOT A GUN!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" and then run from the plane screaming and flailing my hands about.

:biggrin:

GreggB
07-10-2003, 04:42 PM

C: Jump out of my seat, yell "HE'S GOT A GUN!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" and then run from the plane screaming and flailing my hands about.

Ah, Kane. Perhaps some medication might be in order, just a little something to knock the edge off! :biggrin:

keyjockey
07-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Although I really like Kane's thoughts here..........

1. Let the dogs work it out....OUTSIDE.
2. Check with the neighbor first. Maybe try to distract the dog.
3. DISCREETLY inform the crew.

(Run from the plane flailing your hands, indeed! :D )

Ken P
07-10-2003, 08:15 PM
.......neighbor was very happy with me at that point

and exactly how happy was she?

Ken P
07-10-2003, 08:19 PM
if not we have major problems with their training!

hmmmm...we do.

I know a few personally...I promise you would never pick them as a marshall's out of a line up. Which could be good...but it isn't.

We'll just leave it at that.

M1911A1
07-11-2003, 03:47 AM

Ah, Kane. Perhaps some medication might be in order, just a little something to knock the edge off! :biggrin:

I think this is Kane's version of "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out".
:rofl:

goldwing2000
07-11-2003, 11:00 AM
Or something like that.

I figured since we were all pretty much in agreement over the correct course of action, I'd just mix it up a bit. Hehe...

HK USP
07-11-2003, 05:16 PM
A. Push the button on the remote for the dog's shock collar while shouting the command down.
B. Call 911 and complain the neighbor is being mean to his dog and is disturbing your dinner. After all it is his fault he taught the dog to be visious.
C. Ask him how long he has been an air marshall, and why such a small back up gun.

bluethunder
07-13-2003, 11:48 AM
A. Push the button on the remote for the dog's shock collar while shouting the command down.
B. Call 911 and complain the neighbor is being mean to his dog and is disturbing your dinner. After all it is his fault he taught the dog to be visious.
C. Ask him how long he has been an air marshall, and why such a small back up gun.

:lolup: Now that's what I call thinking "out of the box". :D

Quaamik
08-24-2003, 11:20 AM
1) Yank the dogs apart, shoot whichever one looks tastier, and grill it. Make a point to let the other one see the whole thing. If it's smart, it will get the picture. If not, you'll get to have him for dinner some other time.

2) Thier problem, not mine. I never liked my nieghbor that much anyway. Might wind up haveing to shoot them both if they didn't keep the noise down though.

3) Bend over to adjust / tie my shoe, reach over and pull his pistol from the holster while exclaiming: "Cool! I had one of these once. How do you like yours?"

G36pilot
08-27-2003, 06:20 PM
>3) Bend over to adjust / tie my shoe, reach over and pull his pistol from the holster while exclaiming: "Cool! I had one of these once. How do you like yours?"<

I enjoyed the "Cool" part of the comment and will use it at my next opportunity during training.

But, just in case everyone didn't realize your tongue was in cheek during your response:

Should you attempt a disarm an Air Marshal, you'll be in one hell of weapon retention battle before any witty statement can be finished or perhaps even begun. The properly trained doesn't need a firearm to gain control of and win this type of fight.

When a non-LEO attempts to disarm you, a lethal response may result. Something to consider.

The better choice is the previously mentioned discreet info relay to the crew.

G36pilot

enfield
08-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Somewhat apropo to scenario a: When a stray pit bull attacked my brittany in my back yard, the neighbors called the cops and the cops stopped the fight by shooting the one that was winning. Fortunately it was the pit bull. When I went outside (middle of night - I was asleep and didn't hear anything prior to the gentle tap on the door), the pit bull was down and still breathing. When the cop asked me what I wanted him to do, I asked him to shoot it again, and he did.

Indoors I would attempt OC spray first, and then apply hollow points as required.

I generally agree with what's already been said about scenarios b and c.