PDA

View Full Version : Any HK armorers in the area??

BravoKilo
08-07-2003, 01:24 PM
I currently have on pre-order the new Top-Notch M3 'grease-gun' conversion for my HK USC carbine. The kit contains a new polymer lower, along w/ attached UMP pistol grip and stock ( :twisted: )... the only thing it DOES NOT have is the internal trigger components, which you must transplant from the stock lower, which is something I don't feel like messing with (I am cursed when it comes to working on expensive equipment). So, does anybody happen to know any armorers/smiths in the area that will be able to do the work?

If it comes down to it, I could send Top-Notch my stock lower and let them do the work, but would like to avoid the hassle of shipping and waiting.

GunnFixr
08-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Where is Shelby Township (in relation to Hudson)?

Roger Roney
08-09-2003, 12:23 AM
Gunnfixr,

Where is Hudson (in relation to Shelby Township, or Detroit)? :-)

Seriously though, Welcome back to Michigan, Gunnfixr.

Shelby Township is North of Detroit in the VanDyke (M-53) and 15 Mile Rd. area, and you are South of Jackson, about an hour and a quarter apart, unless there is any interference from the State Bird or State Flower.

Since you are new back here, the State Bird is the Construction Crane, and the State Flower is the Blooming Orange Barrel. :-) :-)

Hope you and BravoKilo can work something out.

BravoKilo
08-09-2003, 12:44 AM
M-53 and 22 Mile Road to be specific ;)

I just checked Mapquest and it's a good 2.5 hours away. Perhaps I could just Fed-Ex you the lowers (dont think you need to go thru a FFL for just the lower) instead of a 5 hour round-trip car ride. I'll have to get back to you when I actually get the kit, as a few people have said the swap is not too extremely difficult (then again, I have ****** luck w/ I work on things)

GunnFixr
08-09-2003, 03:21 AM
...Perhaps I could just Fed-Ex you the lowers (dont think you need to go thru a FFL for just the lower)...

Actually, the lower is what you need the FFL for (the serialized part). If you're in Detriot (or thereabouts) it seems to me that there would be quite a few HK folks about. Have you checked with your local smithys?

taurus92
08-09-2003, 06:07 AM
Gunnfixr,

Tthe State Flower is the Blooming Orange Barrel. :-) :-)

I thought that was the state tree. Also the state Joke can be seen all over the highways "Men Working". Ok enough OT posting for me...

BravoKilo
08-09-2003, 12:02 PM
...Perhaps I could just Fed-Ex you the lowers (dont think you need to go thru a FFL for just the lower)...

Actually, the lower is what you need the FFL for (the serialized part). If you're in Detriot (or thereabouts) it seems to me that there would be quite a few HK folks about. Have you checked with your local smithys?

on the USCs its the receiver, not the lower, that has the serial stamping on it... anyways, like you said I should be able to find a few HK smithys in the area - - have a good month or two before I actually get the conversion kit so I do have time