PDA

View Full Version : I Found This Alert on a Church Security Site

007bondjamesbond007
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab272/violino55/Moblephone.jpg

I found this diagram on a Email form a security web site for churches warning about this cell phone. Not much was said about the device just the picture.
WaEYYSomz9c

hopeitsfast
04-05-2010, 06:08 PM
That would be cool to own. Imagine the scumbag that wants you to hand over your phone and he catches (4) 22s along with it. It's probably illegal though. I wonder if it's real.

007bondjamesbond007
04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
The site said it was real. I found a specialty weapon site that makes pen guns and such.

screagles
04-05-2010, 06:15 PM
xd1SRtkhh-U

How freakin cool is that?

hopeitsfast
04-05-2010, 06:16 PM
xd1SRtkhh-U

How freakin cool is that?
That is badass!!

kdogg
04-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Very real, very illegal. Most of them come out of like Romania and Bulgaria.

The ATF has a few of them in there firearms library from weapons they seized. Was watching this cool video one night that was an interview with the ATF and they were showing off all the cool things they had seized over the years.

Only problem is, now days if I saw someone carrying a phone that looked like that I would think GUN, looks like 1990's like whoa! :D

Mike in Michigan
04-06-2010, 07:11 AM
This was news about 15 years ago.

BOSS302
04-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Can you get one with a tax stamp? AOW??

Tedfs
04-06-2010, 08:23 AM
That looks like an AOW to me, tax stamp it and call it a day.

Local regulations may prohibit them but AOWs are very real and very legal to own if you live in a free state.

malignity
04-06-2010, 08:34 AM
This may sound stupid, but what makes this an AOW? The fact that it simply doesn't 'look' like a gun? One must beg to ask then, who makes the rules as to what a gun has to look like? I'm not trying to sound cocky, but with a CPL, why wouldn't I be able to carry this, just like I would a .22 derrenger? I simply don't understand your guys logic behind it is all.

BOSS302
04-06-2010, 09:23 AM
The AOW (any other weapon) category was meant to cover things just like this. Firearm categories are defined in Federal law (and State law too). Your CPL is good for Pistols as defined by the whatever State you are in at the time (assuming your permit is good there). Michigan's law defining certain rifles as pistols allows them to be carried with a CPL.

Tedfs
04-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Boss is correct.

Owning and carrying are two different things entirely.

You may have a CPL to carry a pistol concealed but they do not hand out C_AOW_L to carry concealed AOWs.

AOWs are perfectly legal to own if your state and local laws allow them.
Carrying them concealed is another story.

dougwg
04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Boss is correct.

Owning and carrying are two different things entirely.

You may have a CPL to carry a pistol concealed but they do not hand out C_AOW_L to carry concealed AOWs.

AOWs are perfectly legal to own if your state and local laws allow them.
Carrying them concealed is another story.
Actually this AOW would also need to be registered in Michigan as a pistol.
Just like the AOW Serbu Super Shorty shot gun.
Once registered as a pistol in Michigan it would then be legal for a CPL holder to carry concealed.

Got a buddy with a sub-machine gun (Mac11-9mm) short barrel, shoulder stock, tax stamped and registered as a pistol in Michigan. He can carry it open or concealed.

malignity
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I understand that, but what makes this an AOW? That's what to know. The simple fact that it doesn't look like a gun? A bullpup modification doesn't look like a gun either. See what I'm saying? That's why I'm asking; what does the law state as far as AOW's go, that this would categorize itself as an AOW and not a standard pistol?

slowa_2000
04-06-2010, 09:01 PM
that is fricken sweet! I want one

Tedfs
04-07-2010, 07:22 AM
You're asking rational people to define why this is an AOW in the eyes of the ATF. LOL

Read this for yourself.
http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/laws/

National Firearms Act (26 U.S.C. Chapter 53)
Taken right from atf-p-5300-4.pdf
Page 77 Section (e)

(e) Any other weapon.
The term 'any other weapon' means any weapon or
device capable of being concealed on the
person from which a shot can be discharged
through the energy of an explosive,
a pistol or revolver having a barrel
with a smooth bore designed or redesigned
to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons
with combination shotgun and rifle
barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18
inches in length, from which only a single
discharge can be made from either barrel
without manual reloading, and shall include
any such weapon which may be
readily restored to fire. Such term shall
not include a pistol or a revolver having a
rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons
designed, made, or intended to be fired
from the shoulder and not capable of
firing fixed ammunition.

malignity
04-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I am actually; which is why I requested the law on this.

I see nothing under section (e) that would automatically classify this as an AOW and not a standard pistol; it says nothing on what the pistol must look like. Other than sheer looks, this is essentially nothing different than a 4 shot derrenger pistol. See what I mean?

Donzie
04-07-2010, 09:29 AM

I see nothing under section (e) that would automatically classify this as an AOW and not a standard pistol; it says nothing on what the pistol must look like. Other than sheer looks, this is essentially nothing different than a 4 shot derrenger pistol. See what I mean?
+1
Just like all the pocket knives and pocket watches you see at gun shows. as long as it is rifled its a pistol.

BOSS302
04-07-2010, 10:05 AM
The BATFE makes it own definitions. Sometimes it even changes them over time.

kevins_garage
04-07-2010, 01:28 PM

A pen gun or cell phone gun does not typically have "a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s)", which means it is not a pistol. AOW is a "catchall" category, of sorts, for ATF...

Pistol. A weapon originally designed,
made, and intended to fire a
projectile (bullet) from one or more
barrels when held in one hand, and
having (a) a chamber(s) as an integral
part(s) of, or permanently
aligned with, the bore(s); and (b) a
short stock designed to be gripped
by one hand and at an angle to and
extending below the line of the
bore(s).

The below cell phone gun would be a pistol, not an AOW...
http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/images/set3/nokia-gun-phone.jpg

The below cell phone gun would be an SBR because it has a folding stock and <16" barrel...
http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/05/21/uzeo_jYydW_6648.jpg

malignity
04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Now we're actually getting somewhere. Kevin, where did you get that quote as to what a pistol is? Because that isn't section (e) that was linked earlier.

The only thing the cell phone gun doesn't have is a "(b) a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s). "

I'm sure with a little tweaking, you could pop on a tiny makeshift handle that wouldn't be seen when holding, eh?