PDA

View Full Version : Power Factor Pin shoots at Peter's

Roger Roney
09-19-2003, 07:48 PM
Power Factor Handgunners will be starting our fall/winter schedule of bowling pin shoots at Peter's Gun Range this Sunday, September 21, 2003.

I didn't realize it was not on this board, John only put it on the "other" one. Will put up more info later, but quickly;

Time: 4:00 p.m.
Place: Peter's, Gratiot, 1 1/2 blocks South of 12 Mile, Roseville

Roger Roney
09-20-2003, 02:54 AM
I'm back after dinner and evening out, so here is more information.

NOTE – We are looking for more bowling pins. If anyone is or knows a pin mechanic that can provide used pins and avoid carrying the pins to the dumpster, please contact me (Roger) or Alex. (Uhh, yea, we do offer a cash gratuity for the pins.)

Pinshooting will be starting up again at Peter’s Indoor range. Come out and give it a try. For those of you that have thought about it but didn’t have a large enough caliber to take the pins off the table, not to worry. We have added a sportsmans class that will allow anyone with a centerfire handgun in .38 special or 9mm and up to come out and shoot.

POWER FACTOR HANDGUNNERS
2003 Fall Pin-Shoot Schedule

September 21 – 5 pin
October 5 – 5 pin or 9 pin
October 19 – 5 pin or 22 rimfire
November 2 – 5 pin or 9 pin
November 16 – 5 pin & 44 magnum
November 30 - 5 pin or 22 rimfire
December 14 – 5 pin or 9 pin
December 28 – 5 pin or 22 rimfire

Power Factor Pin Shoots are held at Peter's Indoor Range. Matches begin at 4 PM, and entry fee is $15. All shooters must be signed in by 5:30 PM. Matches are limited to 42 shooters. Eye and ear protection is mandatory. All safety rules will be strictly enforced.

Peter's Gun Range is located on the West side of Gratiot 1 1/2 blocks South of 12 Mile Rd. in Roseville. From I-94, take the 12 Mile exit West to Gratiot, then South. From I-696, take Gratiot exit North almost to 12 mile and make the turnaround.

For more information contact:
Alex Vitek: alexvit@ix.netcom.com

John Perfetti: Jperfetti@norbertind.com

Roger Roney: RwRoney@Gatecom.com

What is Pin Shooting?
The standard 5 pin event uses a two tier table, with three pins on the bottom and two on top. The pins are set 25 feet from the firing line. The shooter starts with firearm in hand resting on the rail. At the start signal the shooter tries to shoot all of the pins completely off the table as fast as possible. The time stops when the last pin hits the floor. Your elapsed time for the table is your score. The procedure is repeated for a total of six tables. The timing stops at fifteen seconds, but you can finish clearing the table or empty your gun. Your worst score is deleted and the remaining five are added up for your total score, so the worst anyone can do is a 75 for the night. The smallest reliable auto caliber is the 40 S&W. For revolvers a .357 Magnum is the smallest recommended caliber. There is no limit on magazine capacity or number of reloads for auto shooters. Revolver shooters can use a second revolver rather that reload.

New this year is the Sportsman class.
It is intended for shooters new to pin shooting. Any centerfire revolver or auto, 9mm or larger can be used. Five pins are set on the lower level of the table and on the back edge. All other rules are the same as 5 pin. This event can be shot on any night, except during the league, in place of the standard 5 pin event.

Events other than 5 pin
9 pin – at the back of the table on the lower level, centerfire only 9mm and above.

22 rimfire – 5 pins on the back of the lower level. Use can use a pistol or rifle.

44 magnum – full 44 loads only.

Hope to see some of you Sunday.

R

alex-vitek
10-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Peter's Gun Range is normally closed on Sundays. They open for our match but will not usually answer the phone. The match is still on for this Sunday.

J 92 Brigadier
11-27-2003, 09:15 AM
Roger, I've never done this before may want to give it a try. There could be 2-4 of us who show up. Do we need to register in advance or just show up at the door?

Roger Roney
11-27-2003, 01:43 PM
J 92...
Just show up around 4 p.m.
We start with "gun (in hand) on rail," so no special equipment like holsters or mag pouches needed. Peter's does sell new and reloaded ammo.

Anyone is welcome to visit and observe.