PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone ready!

CnA
09-23-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm taking vacation days Oct. 1-3 to stalk Bambi. The bow is shooting straight and there is a lot of deer sign at the property in Gladwin.

We have had the back 40 of the property commercially logged all summer, and there are a couple of deer that have become used to people. They hear the chainsaws, then come running to get the fresh leaves off the tops of the cut poplar trees. My dad was there last weekend and there was a nice 6 point standing 15 feet from him.

Instead of my grunt call, I'll be using the chainsaw. :lol:

taurus92
09-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Sure AM! I will have 10 acres of private land right up against the national forest to hunt alone this year. I am really looking forward to getting out in the woods al alone in the peace and quiet.

Need a break for the real world right now.

ANIMAL
09-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Be careful with that chainsaw hanging around your neck.

Kouger
09-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Sure AM! I will have 10 acres of private land right up against the national forest to hunt alone this year. I am really looking forward to getting out in the woods al alone in the peace and quiet.

Need a break for the real world right now.

I am heading out alone this year i think.. a break from the real world is looking really good..have a few offers from friends that have a little land i may hunt..dont know yet.seeinghow i dont hunt with arrows.....its gun season for me

Autumnlovr
09-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Finished with the Archery league last night (and won a climbing tree stand at the banquet!), so I'm confident with my shooting. The equipment is functioning properly so....I'm ready. I'm more than ready. And since Deputy tells me he saw an 8-point near my blind...I'm Geeked!

RSF
09-23-2003, 10:34 PM
hey, what kind of stand was it!? for sale maybe, since iam already up on you all i got my bear! with bow ahahhahaah iam setting a few more stands this thursday in hillsdale i also know the location of that 8 pointer! hehehehe good luck lauren! you should have him qucik he was moving along that trail around 1130am didnt even see me ! if i only had slugs! lol

RSF
09-23-2003, 10:34 PM
hey, what kind of stand was it!? for sale maybe, since iam already up on you all i got my bear! with bow ahahhahaah iam setting a few more stands this thursday in hillsdale i also know the location of that 8 pointer! hehehehe good luck lauren! you should have him qucik he was moving along that trail around 1130am didnt even see me ! if i only had slugs! lol

savedbydbelle
09-24-2003, 04:11 AM
I have property, a stand and a bow....just not enough strength to pull it back. I am exercising. Firearm only for me this year. Maybe next year?!

Ktulu
09-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Ready? I'm chomping at the bit here. I can't freakin wait!

I'll be relatively close to you CnA. A few miles south of 61 off Bailey Lake Rd.

CnA
09-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Ready? I'm chomping at the bit here. I can't freakin wait!

I'll be relatively close to you CnA. A few miles south of 61 off Bailey Lake Rd.

I know where Bailey Lake Rd. is. My Dad's property is a few miles northeast of Bard Rd. and M61.

For those who have not heard the story, bowhunting played a part in me getting married. I bagged a nice 6 point 3 years ago and gave my "girlfriend" a call when I came home. She asked if she could help butcher the deer with me. :shock: Most women I knew would run away after I killed Bambi.

We got engaged the next day. My better half passed the severed head test!

Bob S
09-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Wednesday morning I will be in one of my stands on my property in eastern Missaukee county.