PDA

View Full Version : Final range clean up & machine gun shoot scheduled

Dave
09-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Saturday September 27 will be their last big clean up and machine gun shoot for the year in Lapeer. Grab your rakes, garbage bags, and gloves and get ready for a good time. They are hoping to have folks be there by 9:30 AM.

Here is a link to a map http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RACmAucUptitKVY!41wN7CnH7H6UuuZy75WXsWmEEp0sBQm6t K5cvaI9WESQjZm!o133UwUpA0euYrCWal*KDGQ8TIzIJdGjzrN MyJ9GuCk/Pitmap.jpg?dc=4675430464826264372

Links to pictures from a previous shoot and further information can be found in this earlier thread http://www.mgouc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4067

FALna45
12-12-2003, 08:51 AM
can someone please give me a run down on shooting at the pit?
i've been told you need to have a small game license but then i've been told if you have a small game license you can't use >5rd mags.
anyone?
tia!

LivoniaDan
12-12-2003, 10:28 AM
can someone please give me a run down on shooting at the pit?
i've been told you need to have a small game license but then i've been told if you have a small game license you can't use >5rd mags.
anyone?
tia!don't know specifically..... but according to DNR publications I have read...... 9 rounds total in magazine and chamber except for 22cal.
There are shotgun restrictions for Waterfowl that max a shotgun out at 3 shells.

Unless of course you are talking about local Pit rules.... Then..... I really don't know Jack........

FALna45
12-12-2003, 12:33 PM
ty LD

so is the belt-fed F/A stuff reserved to non-hunting seasons only?

alex-vitek
12-13-2003, 05:24 AM
If you are shooting in the pit, or in any other part of the State Game Area you will need a hunting license if you are hunting. If you are shooting at what can be recognized as targets then you should be OK. Do not use a tree trunk or a stone as a target. Use a tin can or bring a cardboard box and staple a paper target to it.

As far as I can tell, there are no round count restrictions while small game hunting, only while firearms deer hunting.

Was at the pit this past Tuesday but it was in use. Went down the road a ways and found another nice gully. Finished off the morning by picking up a bag of trash, mostly styrofoam coffee cups, from alongside the road.

Lumpy_3
12-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Can some one tell me the procedure for buying a machine gun. I've heard the general public can own but have to pay an anual BATF stamp fee of about $250. Can anyone verify, or help. PLEASE.

Toxie
12-21-2003, 11:21 PM
one time $200 Tax stamp, only Curio and relic, need to get the cheif law enforcement offical in your touwnship to sign a firm. Have fun!

Dave
12-23-2003, 02:07 AM
The first thing you need is the C&R License.

To get your C&R, download these two PDF forms....

Application - http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/f531016.pdf

Certification of compliance - http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/f533020.pdf

Print the forms out using 8.5x14 paper. You will need to fill out two copies of the application. A CLEO signature is not required on the application but you do have to send him a copy of the completed application for their records (or trash can).

You mail the other copy to the ATF........

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
P.O. Box 845219
Dallas, Texas 75284-5219

along with a check for $30 made out to The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Thats all there is to applying for the C&R.

Once you have the license, you start shopping for the C&R machine gun you wish to purchase. Once you locate the gun, different sellers will set the terms of the sale. Some require full payment up front while some will start the paperwork with partial payment down and the balance to be paid upon approval by the ATF. Either way, you will have to send a signed copy of your C&R license to the seller.

Different sellers handle the paperwork differently. Some dealers will send you the paperwork to fill out and have you return it to them along with a check made out to the ATF for $200 to cover the transfer tax. Then they will foreward the paperwork to the ATF.

My dealer filled out his portion of the paperwork (form 4) and then sent it to me. I then filled out my portion of the form 4. There are 2 copies of the form 4 that get filled out. I then had to get two sets of fingerprint cards done at the Sheriffs department on the ATF specified cards. I added a passport quality photo of myself to each copy of the form 4. There is one other form that you need to fill out attesting to your citizenship. This is the same form you filled out to get your C&R license.

Once you get the forms filled out, fingerprints taken , and photos attached, comes the hard part. You have to get a Chief Law Enforcement Officer to sign the form attesting to the fact that you owning the gun will not put you in violation of local laws. This signiture can be difficult to obtain if you live in one of Michigans larger population centers. It took me 8 weeks before I finally got the signiture I needed. The sad fact is, They are not required to sign the form, but without the signiture, the ATF will not approve a personal transfer.

Once you get the signiture, you write out a check to the ATF for $200 to cover the transfer tax and send everything to them. If the Gods are smiling on you, the seller will get the approved form 4 back in the mail within 120 days or so and he can ship the gun directly to you.

My first full auto was shipped today from NJ by UPS Next Day Air and will be in my hands tomorrow.

Trebor
01-04-2004, 05:50 PM
The first thing you need is the C&R License.

*snip*

My first full auto was shipped today from NJ by UPS Next Day Air and will be in my hands tomorrow.

Congragulations Dave, what did you get?

I'm still saving my pennies, but it will be awhile yet.

Dave
01-07-2004, 07:34 PM
http://www.mgouc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5205