PDA

View Full Version : Bald Mountain Rifle/Pistol Range?

bubo2069
04-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I was just wondering if anybody knew what the current hours were? I can only find the winter hours which supposedly changed March 31st. anybody?

screagles
04-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Call this number: Bald Mountain:(248) 693 - 0567

http://www.mishoot.com/baldmountainhours.htm

bubo2069
04-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks, but I tried calling and I'm still getting a message with the winter hours.

Hawgrider
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks, but I tried calling and I'm still getting a message with the winter hours.There's your sign!:-D

jimmyp
04-12-2010, 07:35 PM
they are still on winter hours untill they open up the sporting clays.

bubo2069
04-14-2010, 08:34 PM
they are still on winter hours untill they open up the sporting clays.

Thanks.

BadBolt
04-24-2010, 01:02 PM
I read in their rules that rifles are only allowed 6 rounds in the magazine. Is this enforced, as I want to bring my AK and STG556 that have 30 round mags.

seeker01
04-30-2010, 07:48 AM
I read in their rules that rifles are only allowed 6 rounds in the magazine. Is this enforced, as I want to bring my AK and STG556 that have 30 round mags.

the range officer is a really nice guy!
if there are no other shooters, and/or you're not being 'impolite' (i.e., ask him if it's ok, give him a heads up, etc.) he'll probably accommodate

caveat... it's not a free-for-all; he does keep a good eye out for safety and proper handling, so i would advice AGAINST showing up and starting your first volley like rambo and whatnot. It will probably get you kicked out like any other decently run range.

+1 for bald mountain (best times, friday afternoons they open 1pm... you can get the whole place for yourself)

_DK_
04-30-2010, 08:02 AM
the range officer is a really nice guy!
if there are no other shooters, and/or you're not being 'impolite' (i.e., ask him if it's ok, give him a heads up, etc.) he'll probably accommodate

caveat... it's not a free-for-all; he does keep a good eye out for safety and proper handling, so i would advice AGAINST showing up and starting your first volley like rambo and whatnot. It will probably get you kicked out like any other decently run range.

+1 for bald mountain (best times, friday afternoons they open 1pm... you can get the whole place for yourself)

Can you draw from a holster there?

Hawgrider
04-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Can you draw from a holster there?No. You can not draw from a holster from any DNR range These ranges are for sighting in. They don't allow any self defense type practice no draw no double taps no mag dumping ect. I am quite surprised that Bald mountain allows any kind of rapid fire with less than 3 seconds between shots. They usually run those ranges pretty tight.

seeker01
04-30-2010, 02:02 PM
In my post I didn't imply/suggest that rapid-fired was allowed
My comment was strictly in response to the larger capacity magazine.
:-)

PaulB84
05-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I just discovered this place a few weeks ago and have been like 8 times. I love it. I have no found any enforcement of either the 3 second rule or the 6 round rule. They switched to summer hours last week, one day the hours sign was scribbled out and 10-5 was written in lol. cant wait for sporting clays, its supposed to be a huge course (1.5 miles, 40some throwers)

dramey82
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I went yesterday, just me and my two boys were there at first then maybe two others showed up later, I'm sure its busier on the weekends, the guy working there was great, nice to talk to and easy going, he's an MGO member, the three second rule was broken many times by me, as long as you don't over due it I think they don't care, they had all their old skeet towers torn down, looks like a great place to go when they're done, the phone message is updated with spring/summer hours when you call now, $7.00 is what they charge per person, not bad.

seeker01
05-07-2010, 08:37 PM
the guy rocks!
:pirate:

pberishaj
05-10-2010, 09:20 AM
were going to be openng the consession building up on thursday . indoor bathrooms and a pro shop too. sporting clays is about done. thanks for all the kind words. i try to keep it laid back but still safe

fatboy
05-10-2010, 09:25 AM
were going to be openng the consession building up on thursday . indoor bathrooms and a pro shop too. sporting clays is about done. thanks for all the kind words. i try to keep it laid back but still safe
:thumbup: Sounds like a great place.

seeker01
05-10-2010, 10:40 PM
...this weekend gonna punch some expensive holes on paper
:D
:badass: