PDA

View Full Version : bullseye pistol

ltdave
10-02-2003, 03:19 PM
are there any scheduled matches in the detroit and north subs coming up? im thinking id really like to get into this but i dont like 'practice nights' where there one can shoot until they are blue in the face and not go thru a match type procedure.

thanks

david

jmoser
10-13-2003, 12:28 PM
Following Clubs are in SE Mi Bullseye Pistol League (SEMPA):

Multi Lakes (Walled Lake)
Taylor
DSC (Utica)
Oakland Co. Sportsman's (Waterford)

Don't know where you are, but I shoot with Multi Lakes and you can come out and see what it is like almost any Thursday 7 PM - 9 PM from now til April. We also practice most Saturdays at noon - 2. Rimfire and centerfire matches shoot on different days, but practice together. We shoot 60 round matches indoors at 50 ft, good weather can use the outdoor range at 25 or 50 yards for practice.

We have both regular and handicap team scores, so the beginners can still shoot winning team scores. Don't get put off by the master class shooter on the next port - he started out just like you.

Bullseye is a great way to make you a better shot - everyone should get a .22 and start having fun! Lots of shooters use Ruger MK IIs, Browning Buckmark is another good entry level gun. For $500 you can get a gun and a case of 5000 rds ammo. You will be shooting better than you ever thought possible. For another $100 - $200 you can add a red dot sight and probably improve more.

BHP
10-19-2003, 05:41 PM
I shoot indoor bullseye witha team in the Central MI league, I highly recommend it.

It is an excellent way to work on shooting fundamentals, and pass thw winter. Also, as noted in the post above, it is amazing (especially in th beginning) how quickly one progresses.

Lumpy_3
12-21-2003, 01:40 PM
I shoot indoor bullseye witha team in the Central MI league, I highly recommend it.

It is an excellent way to work on shooting fundamentals, and pass thw winter. Also, as noted in the post above, it is amazing (especially in th beginning) how quickly one progresses.

Where? Im in West michigan. I am looking for an indoor leage. What are costs ect...

DANNY ELLER
12-24-2003, 06:36 AM
Central Michigan Sportsman Club in Stanton is shooting on Tuesday night 5:30 till about 7 cost is $5.00. 22 only we have club 22s there for use if needed Dan

Diverdave
04-01-2005, 01:11 PM
What make of .22 does most shooters use in competition? I am looking at shooting the Taylor match but need to get a .22 soon.
Thanks
David Luff