PDA

View Full Version : SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAY

UTPD#5
04-13-2010, 06:52 AM
April 17, 2010 - EC - Silver Bullet Range, 5121 S. Division Wyoming, MI 49548. Meeting Starts at 6:00 pm. Munchies are welcome! There will be open ranges for fun shooting. Restaurants available in the immediate area.

cumminatcha
04-13-2010, 07:35 AM
What time are the ranges open? I'll see if I can get the wife to come up with something good for munchies.

UTPD#5
04-13-2010, 07:41 AM
They are open for business during the day, then at 6pm they are closing for just MGO members/attendees.

Rock on!

NickS
04-13-2010, 08:38 AM
I would think since the meeting starts at 6:00PM that the ranges will be open AFTER the meeting and will close at 9:00PM.

Maranatha
04-13-2010, 08:17 PM
who all is planning on going????

wwjmaj
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I will be there with the wife.:heart:

johnzilla
04-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I will be there. Not sure how much shootin' I'll be able to do before I need to get back for work, but I will definitely be there for the meeting.

Maranatha
04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Just a Heads up there is a A gun Show at the Delta Pl ex in Grand Rapids

DOUGHBOY RACING
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
This is just for the BOD correct

NickS
04-14-2010, 05:41 PM
All MGO members are invited to attend.

johnzilla
04-14-2010, 06:02 PM
This is just for the BOD correct

MGO Board meetings are open! Folks are welcome!

wwjmaj
04-15-2010, 10:59 AM
And Silver Bullet Range is supposed to be open to MGO members and guests. Members and guests are asked to bring a dessert to share....

I will be bringing sugar free fruit cobbler....probably blueberry unless I can find some cherries.

Maranatha
04-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Great meeting tonight, glad to see a couple new faces, and I was Very impressed with the Silver bullet Store, I never made it to the range, spent a lot of time browsing the Store though

johnzilla
04-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Agreed! Very nice facility and staff. I was impressed. If it wasn't a 2+ hour drive each way for me, I would make Silver Bullet my "home" range!

Many thanks to Rick (the owner) and his staff for the use of the meeting room and range, and many thanks to the folks who came out to the meeting. Like Maranatha said, it is always good to see and meet new people at MGO events.

jvanhorn
04-18-2010, 07:21 AM
Crap, i forgot about this one.

Then again, maybe the power pole breaking, and the fire, and all, occupied my attention!

The wind took a dead tree into the power lines on the neighbor's place, broke the pole off, and set the grass on fire.

Oh yeah, the power was out, too.

Done Deal
04-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Like Maranatha said, it is always good to see and meet new people at MGO events.

How many members showed up and how many were new people?

johnzilla
04-18-2010, 08:18 AM
How many members showed up and how many were new people?

Not counting the Board, there were 7 members in attendance by my count. 2 of them new.

Please note, my definition of "new" as used above is "people I have not seen or met before at a Board meeting or other MGO event". "New" does not necessarily mean "new MGO Member".

cumminatcha
04-18-2010, 12:20 PM
I was one of the "newbs" at the meeting. It was good to see how hard the board is working for those of us into guns. I think we all owe them a hand for the work they do. We, also, need to support he board and the organization by volunteering when we can. I hope to help out when and where I can.

On a side note, I realize it was Saturday evening, but had really hoped to see more of a southwest side contingent out at Silver Bullet. They opened up their store and range for us. Shoot, being a good little Dutch boy, I wouldn't have slept well knowing I turned down FREE range time!

It was good to be there and to put faces to a few more screen names. Thank you one and all that were there!

Wyoming
04-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I was one of the "newbs" at the meeting. It was good to see how hard the board is working for those of us into guns. I think we all owe them a hand for the work they do. We, also, need to support he board and the organization by volunteering when we can. I hope to help out when and where I can.

On a side note, I realize it was Saturday evening, but had really hoped to see more of a southwest side contingent out at Silver Bullet. They opened up their store and range for us. Shoot, being a good little Dutch boy, I wouldn't have slept well knowing I turned down FREE range time!

It was good to be there and to put faces to a few more screen names. Thank you one and all that were there!

Was hoping to be able to get to the meeting as it was close by the house. However, new job requires working Saturday nights. Maybe by the time there's another in the area I'll have better hours.

Maranatha
04-18-2010, 01:19 PM
We Missed those that Could not make it, and I agree with cumminatcha, the Bod is working Hard for the MGO, we need to Support them, I support them in Prayer Daily I hope more member will join me in this Effort.

Done Deal
04-18-2010, 06:47 PM
We Missed those that Could not make it, and I agree with cumminatcha, the Bod is working Hard for the MGO, we need to Support them, I support them in Prayer Daily I hope more member will join me in this Effort.

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

jcurtis
04-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I setup the meeting with Silver Bullet but something personal came up and I was unable to attend the meeting. I really wish I could have made it.

Maranatha
04-19-2010, 08:16 PM
I setup the meeting with Silver Bullet but something personal came up and I was unable to attend the meeting. I really wish I could have made it.

Thank you for doing it, I'd love to come back for another event, just plan it when there is a gun Show at the delta Plex, we can kill two birds with one stone.

johnzilla
04-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Thank you for setting it up. Really nice facility and staff, I hope we can do some more MGO events out there in the future.