PDA

View Full Version : Star pistol disassembly

grumpy
10-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Help!!

Does anyone know how to disassemble a Star model B 9mm pistol?
I removed the barrel bushing and the recoil spring plug. That's as far as I got. The slide-stop lever pivots on a pin that passes through the frame and the barrel link, locking the barrel and recoil spring & guide in place. This lever-pin obviously has to come out to release the barrel so the slide can travel forward.
How do I get it out? It feels like it has a little end-play but did not come out when I gently pressed & tapped on it.
I just got this gun & would really like to clean & oil it before I shoot it this Saturday. I don't want to use excessive load on the pin if there is an easier way. :?:

Anybody know how?

M1911A1
10-09-2003, 07:44 PM
I haven't played with a Star in a while, but I believe it is like the standard 1911 takedown.
After you have turned the barrel bushing to release the recoil spring pressure, slide the slide back on it's track untill a small cutout in the bottom of the slide is in line with the free end of the slidelock. When in alignment, the slidestop will push out completely releasing the slide assembly to be pull off in the forward direction.
When off and the barrel bushing is remove, the barrel and link come out from the rear.

Hope that helps, or at least made sense

grumpy
10-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Hope that helps, or at least made sense

It helped and made sense. I got it apart easily. Thanks for your help!