PDA

View Full Version : ACTS Competition - Discount for new shooters - FREE CLINIC

Tom Fineis
04-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi guys,

We did this last year as well about this time with a great turnout.

ACTS (www.actshooters.com) is a "two gun" competition circuit held in Battle Creek, MI. It is a great place the practice your gun skills and hang out with a bunch of cool people.

Matches are held every second Saturday of the month, year round. For the May match (May 8th) we are going to offer a discount to first time shooters. Match fees for non members are typically $25, you will only have to pay $10 to try out our brand of fun.

In addition to the discounted match fee, there will be a free clinic in the morning to anyone who wants to attend. This clinic will go over safety, ACTS Rules, gear setup, and some basic technique to get you started. You will also get to run a stage 'dry' in order to get a feel for things.

The only gear you need is:

A rifle with a sling.
A pistol with sturdy holster.
A way to carry extra magazines for both (belt carriers, chest rigs, or pockets are just fine).
Eye and ear pro.
Roughly 200 rounds of ammunition for your rifle, and 100 for your pistol.

Keep in mind that we also do a Combat Rifle Championship every July, which is two days of shooting, a cookout, camping, and a prize table with multiple thousands of dollars worth of gear on it. The last few years we gave away rifles and/or pistols to top shooters, as well as cases of ammo, AR uppers, training certificates, and a whole lot more. This event (and prize table) is the only one like it in our area. Here is a writeup a shooter did from the last CRC:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55187&highlight=championship

For more information, visit www.actshooters.com, or post any questions you have here. Hope to see you on the 8th!

DOUGHBOY RACING
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi guys,

We did this last year as well about this time with a great turnout.

ACTS (www.actshooters.com) is a "two gun" competition circuit held in Battle Creek, MI. It is a great place the practice your gun skills and hang out with a bunch of cool people.

Matches are held every second Saturday of the month, year round. For the May match (May 8th) we are going to offer a discount to first time shooters. Match fees for non members are typically $25, you will only have to pay $10 to try out our brand of fun.

In addition to the discounted match fee, there will be a free clinic in the morning to anyone who wants to attend. This clinic will go over safety, ACTS Rules, gear setup, and some basic technique to get you started. You will also get to run a stage 'dry' in order to get a feel for things.

A rifle with a sling.
A way to carry extra magazines for both (belt carriers, chest rigs, or pockets are just fine).
Eye and ear pro.

Keep in mind that we also do a Combat Rifle Championship every July, which is two days of shooting, a cookout, camping, and a prize table with multiple thousands of dollars worth of gear on it. The last few years we gave away rifles and/or pistols to top shooters, as well as cases of ammo, AR uppers, training certificates, and a whole lot more. This event (and prize table) is the only one like it in our area. Here is a writeup a shooter did from the last CRC:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55187&highlight=championship

For more information, visit www.actshooters.com, or post any questions you have here. Hope to see you on the 8th!Serpa that is right Tom :shiner:

TheTrainingTeamCPL
04-14-2010, 10:42 AM
the CRC is ran over 1 or 2 days?

Tom Fineis
04-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Keep in mind that we also do a Combat Rifle Championship every July, which is two days of shooting, a cookout, camping, and a prize table with multiple thousands of dollars worth of gear on it.

;)

DOUGHBOY RACING
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
In those vids I was watching the muzzle flip on your AK, that brake works awesome you have no issue of staying on target

TheTrainingTeamCPL
04-14-2010, 11:04 AM
;)

whatever, you know i cant read...

remingtondude58
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
I wish they did this at the April match!

dirtwheeler90
04-14-2010, 07:03 PM
the CRC is 2 days

Will-IB-Ready
04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Alright, I'll be there. I know I've said that the last two months, but now I've found someone to carpool with, so I'm in for sure. :thumbup:

bopit
04-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Will the clinic start at 8:30am like last year?

Tom Fineis
04-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Yes, sorry, forgot to mention that. Gates open at 8am, please be ready at 8:30am.

Thanks.

firebert
04-17-2010, 10:35 PM
1 new shooter should be coming that I referred

Tom Fineis
04-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Coming up in a few weeks.

EricF517
04-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Well if the money fairy drops off some $ so I can get some reloading done I will make it out.

How many rounds needed?

Will-IB-Ready
04-22-2010, 06:54 PM
How many rounds needed?

This was in post #1

A rifle with a sling.
Eye and ear pro.

See you there!

EricF517
04-22-2010, 08:18 PM
This was in post #1

See you there!

Yea don't mind me LOL shouldn't be on the computer when I am this tired.

postban
05-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Son and I will be two more shooters for tomorrow....

Joeywhat
05-07-2010, 04:32 PM
I'll be there. Maybe not the clinic, but definitely the match.

JDG
05-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Anybody got a spare RH fullsize CZ75 holster? OR a couple of officer length 45 mags?

RSF
05-07-2010, 09:14 PM
MUHHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHA

EricF517
05-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Well my schedule was almost looking like I would have been able to make it but the pistol I am trading the LMT for won't be here until Tues or Wed. Next one I guess.