PDA

View Full Version : Used my last vacation day till June

mikethepike
04-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Fished in Wyondotte this morning from 6:30am till 1100am and picked up these on a 5/8 jig head and a "wyondotte worm"

pgaplayerless
04-20-2010, 06:19 PM
looks like big fish!

Does DNR test fish caught in Detroit River every year? I certainly wouldn't eat anything out of Detroit River.

007bondjamesbond007
04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
looks like big fish!

Does DNR test fish caught in Detroit River every year? I certainly wouldn't eat anything out of Detroit River.
Didn't Scientist discover water under the Detroit River?

007bondjamesbond007
04-20-2010, 06:24 PM
nice catch

mikethepike
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
looks like big fish!

The spring is the best time to eat the fish out of the "D" ...all that fresh melt from the north, the water almost looks like its from the Keys.

The dnr recommends 1 meal a week and none for preggies. This is also the same rule for all fish , if you catch them inland or not...even the sea. Do you think the tunafish sammy you eat is chemical free? It has mercury in it just like ALL fish do. The perch dinner from the restaurant down the street....it was netted in lk erie , just on the Canuck side.

Pga , i dont worry about it . I follow the guidelines and eat fish 3x a month or less. Senator John Dingell from Dearborn is the mastermind behind cleaning up the "D" river and making it a jewel for generations to come.

I dock @ Humbug marina in Gibralter , to the north(Humbug marsh) he designated 450+ acres a few years ago to be a green zone. I see bald eagle, osprey , deer and all sorts of critters using that green space for their home. A sturgeon breeding ground near Fighting island, its the walleye capitol of the WORLD , salmon spawn in the "D" river as well.---Its really a nice place, unfortunately the legend remains.--the more people that :gossip: , the more crowded it gets